WANNA BUY STUFF CONFISCATED BY THE POLICE?

COOPER&BURNETT

Crockett and Tubbs used seized / confiscated items to use for their cover in MIAMI VICE. The department could either use it, or sell it at auction (Crockett almost ended up loosing his Daytona when it almost ended up at auction in WHATEVER WORKS) to make money for the department. If you've ever been interested in buying stuff confiscated by the Police cheaply, (like cars, watches, clothes, purses, jewelery etc.) and want to do it online without having to show up to an auction, then here's the place. http://www.propertyroom.com/

Several Police agency's sell their stuff on this website, along with a few, hand chosen liquidators. 95% of the auctions start with a $1 opening bid and close at the last, highest bid without a reserve price!

That's interesting Coop!Maybe I can buy a Ferrari for a buck?Seriously.... I know a guy who buys "job lots" of bicycles from the police. He gets hundreds per sale and has opened a very good business refurbing them and reselling them just so they get stolen again and resold to his business.Seriously!!!!OK all kidding aside (I wasn't joking about the bike shop...it for real) I bet you can get a lot of pretty cool stuff there if you have a thick wallet.

That's interesting Coop!I bet you can get a lot of pretty cool stuff there if you have a thick wallet.

It looks to me you can get a lot for not much money at all! :thumbsup:

Yeah a friend of my dads ALWAYS buys his cars from police auctions-and he has had some amazing bargains!thanks for sharing coop.

I wonder why more people don't do it. Perhaps it's because it's an "as is" kind of thing. Then again, so is buying it from a private owner. I may have to look into this. Cool. (What am I saying, I have enough vehicles as it is!!)

I'll have to check what they have for watches latter' date=' see if maybe I could get Crockett's ebel for the price of my old beat up omega lol![/quote']I already checked, no Ebel, or Rolex at this time. I saw some Movado's and other watches.

I wonder why more people don't do it. Perhaps it's because it's an "as is" kind of thing. Then again' date=' so is buying it from a private owner. I may have to look into this. Cool. (What am I saying, I have enough vehicles as it is!!)[/quote']The "AS IS" really applies to the cars too!Did you see the Crown Vic for 250 bucks? It probably has 400 thousnad miles on it and has had the crap beaten out of it but it still runs???That's the problem with these types of things. What looks like a good deal probably isn't...

I think police auctions in Australia are a little bit different. Over here, most things are crushed for some reason... but then again, most items here are confiscated from stoners/crackers and you wouldn't want them anyway. Or they are illegal/poor condition etc.

I wonder why more people don't do it. Perhaps it's because it's an "as is" kind of thing. Then again' date=' so is buying it from a private owner. I may have to look into this. Cool. (What am I saying, I have enough vehicles as it is!!)[/quote']the cars can be kind of iffy and chances are if its a hot ride it'll have a high asking price and maybe have some sort of damage from a chase or unforeseen damage from someone getting on it way too early before the engine has had a chance to warm up properly. thus causing premature wear on the engine and gearing, hence why so many ferrari's and sports cars have bad reputations, people get on them too early and dont take care of them, either that or they leave them in the garage to rot away from the water used in the cooling systemhell my dad went to one of the police auctions when he was in texas many years ago and they had a beautiful vette there but strangely no engine in it whatsoever, might have been seized when they were about to chop up the body and chasis in a chop shop but had already finished on the engine.
I already checked' date=' no Ebel, or Rolex at this time. I saw some Movado's and other watches.[/quote']damn ah well, maybe in due time, hell the model of the TR I was looking for has shown up on ebay recently, white too.problem is the shipping from england is something like 15 bucks and its not even at 2 dollars for it yet.
Ferraris available?
might have a better chance on an insurance claim website' date=' came across one years ago where they were selling ferrari's as is, some with water damage from floods, others with accident damage or the owner just wrote the car off entirely and gave it to the insurance people, or something else was wrong with itusually with cars like this:[url']

I think I'll stay with the silver ignots' date=' and gold coins they are selling, then melt them down.[/quote']yeah carwise best bet would be to maybe keep an eye out for parts cars that can be split apart to make more total money from just from the intact components.