Serpico - BEST 4 BUCKS I SPENT IN A LONG TIME!

Stinger390X

Wandering around the movie store today I stumbled over a DVD callled Serpico. It was used and only 4 bucks so I bought it.Although I have heard much about it and love Al Pachinos work, for some reason I just never saw it before...not even on vhs back in the days before Blockbuster video???Anyway, I have to say that I absolutely loved it!!!I can see now where this film made a statement of police corruption and how this film was a milestone in its day! I was still in highschool when this film came out in 1973 so for some reason it missed my radar. I'm glad I picked it up and had an enjoyable 2 hours and 14 minutes of pure pleasure and suspense!I highly recommend this movie for any of you younger folks here.I can see now how other cop shows made waves such as MV when in the pilot the bad guys got away breaking all tradition and new ground for cop drama! I also soaw "Dead Bang" recently, but thinking back to that era this was also ground breaking entertainmnet in a way as Don Johnsons language was not editied much like in the MV series so it was more beleivable I suppose??? (your opinions welcome)On another note I met a man many years ago who I bought my first Stinger off of. He was a retired guy who owned a little motel business in Northern Ontario. When I went to buy the boat he asked if I wanted to stay for dinner with him and his wife, and stay the night and leave in the morning. I said yes.He had a million stories as he was a retired NYc undercover cop. I swear he could write his own book, but he wanted to stay annonymous. We sat around and chatted to the wee hours of the morning. He knew "Popeye Doyle" personally and worked with him from time to time. This guys stories were amazing and that is what started me into movies like the "French Connection" (the first film ever to use the term "Freeze" which was used for decades in every hokey cop show ever made!) and other true to life films too numerous to mention. I can kind of see how all cop dramas to come were a storyline in transition such as great shows like HillStreet Blues, NYPD Blue etc etc etc...Also saw a good movie on Tuesday night at the theatre... "Lawless"Yet another true story brought to the screen and extremely well done for anyone who wants to take out a second mortgage for popcorn and see a good movie on the big screen............

I absolutely loved it!!!I can see now where this film made a statement of police corruption and how this film was a milestone in its day! I was still in highschool when this film came out in 1973 so for some reason it missed my radar. I'm glad I picked it up and had an enjoyable 2 hours and 14 minutes of pure pleasure and suspense!I highly recommend this movie for any of you younger folks here.I can see now how other cop shows made waves such as MV when in the pilot the bad guys got away breaking all tradition and new ground for cop drama! I also soaw "Dead Bang" recently, but thinking back to that era this was also ground breaking entertainmnet in a way as Don Johnsons language was not editied much like in the MV series so it was more beleivable I suppose??? (your opinions welcome)On another note I met a man many years ago who I bought my first Stinger off of. He was a retired guy who owned a little motel business in Northern Ontario. When I went to buy the boat he asked if I wanted to stay for dinner with him and his wife, and stay the night and leave in the morning. I said yes.He had a million stories as he was a retired NYc undercover cop. I swear he could write his own book, but he wanted to stay annonymous. We sat around and chatted to the wee hours of the morning. He knew "Popeye Doyle" personally and worked with him from time to time. This guys stories were amazing and that is what started me into movies like the "French Connection" (the first film ever to use the term "Freeze" which was used for decades in every hokey cop show ever made!) and other true to life films too numerous to mention. I can kind of see how all cop dramas to come were a storyline in transition such as great shows like HillStreet Blues, NYPD Blue etc etc etc...Also saw a good movie on Tuesday night at the theatre... "Lawless"Yet another true story brought to the screen and extremely well done for anyone who wants to take out a second mortgage for popcorn and see a good movie on the big screen............

Always extra fun when you discover a hidden treasure. Now you probably find it hard to believe you missed such a big movie but it happens. Great old movie. I see Pacino in that movie and think, someday he may be a big star he is pretty good.

I think i have seen this years ago-is this the one where james tolkan accuses him of performing a sex act on someone in a toilet lol?but besides that humour point it is a serious film.WILL have to try and see it again.Panic in needle park is a great young pacino film too maybe not a lot of people have seen?

Yes that happenned at one of the precincts but the accusation was false. Pachino's character took the brunt of the ridicule as he was protecting a fellow officer.