RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK ON IMAX!!

COOPER&BURNETT

For those of you who loved it, (or still love it like I do) RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK will be at IMAX theaters for one week only!Eingefügtes BildIndiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark: The IMAX ExperienceRelease Date: September 7, 2012.Rated: PG.Runtime: 115 min.Studio: Paramount Pictures.Indiana Jones, archaeology professor and swashbuckling adventurer, has unearthed many an ancient treasure. But now the very future of the world depends on his finding one specific relic.With a bullwhip in his hand and a beautiful lady at his side, Jones journeys from Nepal and Cairo to the Mediterranean, dodging poisons, traps and snakes, battling rivals old and new, all in pursuit of an ancient artifact said to give invincible power to its possessor.It's a battle to a startling finish, a finish dictated by the magic, the light -- and the power -- of the Lost Ark.The IMAX release has been digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie.Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark will play in IMAX for a one-week limited engagement from 9/7-9/13Eingefügtes Bild

I've been incredibly busy lately, but I REALLY want to see this on IMAX. I've got one week to do it. Should be one AWESOME experience both in digitally remastered huge picture, and massive sound! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If they would show it over here i really go out and watch it. Great movie and i never saw it in a theater. Love the humour and the setting and nazi's as an enemy are always great. ;)

I was 10 when to movie came out and the uncut version (which is the cinematic version) is somethhing like R-Rated over here in germany, you must be 16 to view it. So i never had the opportunity to watch it on the big picture.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to see it tomorrow at IMAX!!

It was EXCELLENT!! Indi on a HUGE screen, and the sound system.......AMAZING!The film has made over 2 million eight hundred thousand dollars for it's week on IMAX, and it was announced that they are going to extend it by another week.If you want to see RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK on a MASSIVE Imax screen, you'd better hurry!

any idea if there was any mods done to it like the first 3 starwars films?

Nope. No mods. They just cleaned it up, made the picture sharper, cleaner, and used the original elements, not copies to make it. The same went for the sound. They went to the original sound effects mix to bump it up a bit, converting it to digital but nothing was added.It's a big improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it did pretty good considering it wasn't advertised on TV, Cable, Magazines, or newspapers, and it was out only two weeks.Raiders of the Lost Ark (IMAX)Domestic Total as of Sep. 30, 2012: $3,119,000Domestic Lifetime Gross: $248,153,358