We now have 5,000 members!!

COOPER&BURNETT

We have reached the 5,100 MEMBERS mark!That's a TON of people who have registered, and become members of this website (560 are active members). It doesn't matter if your an older member, or the newest member, we all count towards that 5,100 total. We should congradulate ourselves for being the Undisputed, World's Biggest MIAMI VICE website!P.S. .ORG who??

• Administrators

Very Cool! I actually hadn't noticed. As for .org, it's fate makes me want to borrow a quote from Artie Rollins. "When they go down, they're gonna go down so hard they never come up!"I'd say, mission accomplished!

well nothing quite ruins the mood like a negative attitude, and well from the sound of it and what you guys said about org it sounds like that ran rampant there.after all no one wants to focus on the bad stuff in life, it just leads to a misserabile life and an unbearable environment regardless if its on the internet or in real life.

In honor of this momentous occation, I'm readying all sorts of Vintage MIAMI VICE collectibles (crew items, etc.) to share online with you all. I'm still in negotiations for some items, so I'll wait till I see what comes of it. Needless to say, these will be preserved, and shared with you all! People can't see my section, or photos unless they join, and become a member. Isn't it great to be a member here? Remember, membership has its privileges!!-COOP

Wow' date=' 5,000 members is quite an accomplishment in such a short time! It just goes to show that "If you build it, they will come."[/quote']That's what I was thinking. It happened so fast, and in such a short period of time. It's really amazing.Ferrariman, any idea how many members the other site had? Do we have a ways to go to match it, or have we passed it?This is one really cool, and fun website.

That's what I was thinking. It happened so fast' date=' and in such a short period of time. It's really amazing.Ferrariman, any idea how many members the other site had? Do we have a ways to go to match it, or have we passed it?This is one really cool, and fun website.[/quote']actually how long has this website been up in general?

hmm so about 750 members per year growth.

I could be wrong about the date Kavinsky. It may be later than that. Ferrariman should know the answer, but I think that's about the time period.

• Administrators

This site went online on April 17th (which coincidentally happens to be Jan Hammer's birthday!) I want to say it was 2007 but I'm not 100%. I will find out though.

This site went online on April 17th (which coincidentally happens to be Jan Hammer's birthday!) I want to say it was 2007 but I'm not 100%. I will find out though.

That would be great Ferrariman! I'm sure happy to have made the move to here! It feels like home.

That would be great Ferrariman! I'm sure happy to have made the move to here! It feels like home.

I wouldnt know I literally only made like 3 posts over there until I was invited over here, but i'd be a hell of a thing if it was the 17th of april I'll tell you that much lol

I wouldnt know I literally only made like 3 posts over there until I was invited over here' date=' but i'd be a hell of a thing if it was the 17th of april I'll tell you that much lol[/quote']I'm glad your here Kavinsky. You bring a lot of specialized knowledge to this site.We have all the MIAMI VICE experts here.

Thanks and lol indeed, we've got an actual DEA/Narc cop, an army guy, the owner of a stinger 390X boat whos a huge boat enthuast who taught me a few things about boats I didnt know which probably also translates to cars as well, along with the owner of the scarab who just joined the site a few months ago.and we've got the actual owner of the camera car here who's tending to it far better than the guy who picked up the mad max interceptor when it was at broken hill after the second film and overrestored it and ruined its originality. still miffed about that one, idiot repainted and redid the thing instead of just cleaning it up and putting on a new peter falcon front end on it:http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-interceptor/interceptor-history-part-3.htmlcant wait for the new mad max movies that are coming out and seeing that baby tear up the blacktop again by the way even if its not the original, but anyways I'm damn thankful that outside of some minor changes done to the car it is as it was on vice for the most part and the changes that were done were done just to make it easier and safer to live with.then we've got Dadrianhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thx1psxf-oEwho I am damn thankful he made that score from the great mccarthy for all of us to enjoy which Jan never properly released

we've got you guys with the props and everything else related to vice and well god damn near everyone and everything except maybe the original actors here posting daily, still good to know that we've got that convention happening in Paris now with some of the original actors and see where that goes.actually on that topic about the original actors I oughta post a link to that video Doug Drexler had with the bloopers of Battlestar (he was part of the cast behind the special effects of damn near everything trek related past the 4th season of TNG and has and is working on battlestar right now) where they used some of the vice footage of EJO to great use lol, hit me like a ton of bricks when they used that one scene from the golden triangle out of nowhere for the bloopers. You guys would probably also get a good laugh out of it.actually just thinking about the music for a sec, wasnt there a third composer for the 4th season outside of Jan and Timm that also sounded very vice like, I think he might have done the work on Rising Son of death?

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-interceptor/interceptor-history-part-3.htmlcant wait for the new mad max movies that are coming out and seeing that baby tear up the blacktop again by the way even if its not the original, but anyways I'm damn thankful that outside of some minor changes done to the car it is as it was on vice for the most part and the changes that were done were done just to make it easier and safer to live with.then we've got Dadrianhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thx1psxf-oEwho I am damn thankful he made that score from the great mccarthy for all of us to enjoy which Jan never properly released

we've got you guys with the props and everything else related to vice and well god damn near everyone and everything except maybe the original actors here posting daily, still good to know that we've got that convention happening in Paris now with some of the original actors and see where that goes.actually on that topic about the original actors I oughta post a link to that video Doug Drexler had with the bloopers of Battlestar (he was part of the cast behind the special effects of damn near everything trek related past the 4th season of TNG and has and is working on battlestar right now) where they used some of the vice footage of EJO to great use lol, hit me like a ton of bricks when they used that one scene from the golden triangle out of nowhere for the bloopers.
Yep! We also have Ferrariman, who knows all the trivia, Kavinsky who knows all about guns, cars etc., C Glide who knows locations, ...I know I'm missing some people, but the point is, if we don't know it, no other VICE website will! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

actually how long has this website been up in general?

Ok, after a bit of research I'm gonna say that we went online in 2008 because Tim & Coop both have a join date of 2008. Strangely enough my join date is 2006. Caipi thinks this could be because I was a member at .info? Which I actually don't remember? :o

Ok' date=' after a bit of research I'm gonna say that we went online in 2008 because Tim & Coop both have a join date of 2008. Strangely enough my join date is 2006. Caipi thinks this could be because I was a member at .info? Which I actually don't remember? :o[/quote']Dadrian's Join Date is 12-26-2006.

• 3 months later...

As of today JANUARY 2, 2013, we have 5,100 members!I don't think .org actually had that many members.Once again, here's to everyone! :tasse: "Let's go smoke a beer together!"

• 2 weeks later...