The original idea for "Mirror Image"

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

I found this very hard to believe, but the writers originally wanted Tubbs to go onto the Manolo-Gutierrez boat, suffer amnesia, and turn into his drug dealing alter ego, Rico Cooper, and would have been known as the "Rico Cooper Arc".Opinions?

• Like 1

I found this very hard to believe' date=' but the writers originally wanted Tubbs to go onto the Manolo-Gutierrez boat, suffer amnesia, and turn into his drug dealing alter ego, Rico Cooper, and would have been known as the "Rico Cooper Arc".Opinions?[/quote']I haven't heard that one before.I wouldn't have had a problem with Tubbs turning bad instead of Crockett for a few episodes.

Neither would I. It would've been pretty cool to see since Tubbs is usually the cool, calm guy, while Crockett is the hard headed, slick guy.

I was googling "Mirror Image Miami Vice" and I found this site where this guy said he heard that the writers Daniel Sackheim and Nelson Oramas (who wrote Mirror Image) were considering Tubbs turn bad instead of Crockett.

I was googling "Mirror Image Miami Vice" and I found this site where this guy said he heard that the writers Daniel Sackheim and Nelson Oramas (who wrote Mirror Image) were considering Tubbs turn bad instead of Crockett.

Interesting - it was also a ploy to increase viewer ratings which had fallen rapidly in Season 4:thumbsdown:

Season 4 was a catastrophically TERRIBLE season. There are only a few good episodes, and one of those being "Mirror Image". I personally like Season 5 a lot more than Season 4. Although Jan Hammer is gone and Tim Truman took over, it was nice to see MV go back to dark storylines, even though in S5, the storylines were WAY DARKER than previous seasons.

Season 4 was a catastrophically TERRIBLE season. There are only a few good episodes' date=' and one of those being "Mirror Image". I personally like Season 5 a lot more than Season 4. Although Jan Hammer is gone and Tim Truman took over, it was nice to see MV go back to dark storylines, even though in S5, the storylines were WAY DARKER than previous seasons.[/quote']it wouldnt of worked for me, crockett becoming burnett fitted perfect. But then again sonny was always my fav.

• 4 weeks later...
Season 4 was a catastrophically TERRIBLE season. There are only a few good episodes' date=' and one of those being "Mirror Image". I personally like Season 5 a lot more than Season 4. Although Jan Hammer is gone and Tim Truman took over, it was nice to see MV go back to dark storylines, even though in S5, the storylines were WAY DARKER than previous seasons.[/quote']I like Season 5 a lot, too. It's let down by cartoony villians, and Crockett and Tubbs are separated too much. As much as I love Switek, he was a poor fill-in for Sonny at times. But the darker storylines are great.As for Tubbs going bad in Mirror Image, I could see it working to a degree. Rico was so hell bent on revenge against Calderone in the pilot, that his alter ego could have manifested that same type of anger.

It would've been way bad for Crockett, seeing he got shot twice in 2 episodes (Episode 88 "A Bullet For Crockett") and this if it were Tubbs that turned.

It would've been way bad for Crockett' date=' seeing he got shot twice in 2 episodes (Episode 88 "A Bullet For Crockett") and this if it were Tubbs that turned.[/quote']With Crockett, turning "bad" at that point in the series worked because he was all mixed up from the death of his wife. Rico lost his brother and the mother of his son (and his other girlfriend), but that was a few years before. Tubbs wouldn't have had anything emotionally/mentally stable to mess up his mind if he suffered amnesia.Which makes me think about S5 again. After Sonny gets his memory back, we don't hear about Caitlin ever again until Too Much, Too Late, when Rico uses her name in his argument with Sonny at the lockers.But yeah, Crockett had been shot so many times, in the real world they'd have probably retired him as a liability!

Season 4 was a catastrophically TERRIBLE season. There are only a few good episodes' date=' and one of those being "Mirror Image". I personally like Season 5 a lot more than Season 4. Although Jan Hammer is gone and Tim Truman took over, it was nice to see MV go back to dark storylines, even though in S5, the storylines were WAY DARKER than previous seasons.[/quote']Nah....i idisagree...season 2...and more season 5 are the worst.... Ok...never we would set an agreement anyway...If even Jesus didnt make everybody happy, guess Vice seasons lol

Season 2 is my all time favorite season! Season 3 is my 2nd, then Season 1.I guess for Tubbs, he didn't give a damn whether he lived or died in "Freefall" as you heard him say in the beginning "You wanna live forever?" primarily because Valerie had turned down his marriage proposal in "Too Much, Too Late"

With Crockett' date=' turning "bad" at that point in the series worked because he was all mixed up from the death of his wife. Rico lost his brother and the mother of his son (and his other girlfriend), but that was a few years before. Tubbs wouldn't have had anything emotionally/mentally stable to mess up his mind if he suffered amnesia.Which makes me think about S5 again. After Sonny gets his memory back, we don't hear about Caitlin ever again until Too Much, Too Late, when Rico uses her name in his argument with Sonny at the lockers.But yeah, Crockett had been shot so many times, in the real world they'd have probably retired him as a liability![/quote']Hmm maybe the memory worked as a retcon in a way, allowing them to say he just forgot about all the bad stuff and episodes of S4?