Top 10 Favorite MV Episodes

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

What are you guys' personal favorite episodes of Miami Vice?Mine are:1. Mirror Image2. Hostile Takeover3. Redemption In Blood4. Brother's Keeper5. The Prodigal Son6. Definitely Miami7. When Irish Eyes Are Crying8. Deliver Us From Evil9. Down For The Count, Part I & II10. Theresa

Only top ten,wow,there are a bit more.Of course I like Vice a lot so that answers that question.1.Brother's keeper2.Evan3.Shadows in the dark4.Calderone's Return5.Calederone's Demise6.Prodigal Son7.Tale of the Goat8.Hostile Takeover9.Mirror Image10.Redemption in bloodThere's many more but that's my run down

Evan would be like 11th or 12th on my list. By far one of the best episodes of Season 1.Honorable mentions:Phil The ShillLombardOut Where The Buses Don't RunBack In The WorldYankee DollarViking Bikers From HellBetter Living Through ChemistryBad TimingHard Knocks

This is hard because even if i had to pick 20, i could nearly fill it up be from season 1 alone. 1. Brother's Keeper2. Hit List3. One Eyed Jack4. Milk Run5. Smuggler's Blues6. Bought & Paid For7. One Way Ticket8. Payback9. Buddies10. Forgive Us Our Debts

In No Particular Order:"Deliver Us From Evil""Mirror Image""Hostile Takeover""Redemption In Blood""Death & The Lady""Shadow In The Dark""The Prodigal Son""Brother's Keeper""Evan""Freefall"

• Like 1

"Freefall" is one of my favorite episodes. Although people knock it for not being a good series finale, I think it was a good way to end Crockett & Tubbs' partnership, considering both of them have been to hell and back:Crockett: he lost Caitlin, his unborn child, became Sonny Burnett, shot Tubbs, and just started burning out.Tubbs: he lost his child too, along with Angelina in Episode 44 "Sons and Lovers', and then was shot by Crockett, and being rejected by Valerie in "Too Much, Too Late" sent him over the edge and now did not care what came down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

This is tough but here goes:Little Miss DangerousTheresaShadow in the DarkLend Me An EarViking Bikers from HellEvanHit ListHostile TakeoverOut Where the Busses don't RunTale of the Goat

Top 10brothers keeperheart of darknesscool runningcalderone's return part 1great mccarthymilk runsmuggler's bluesrites of passagedefinitely miamilittle miss dangerousTop 20prodigal sonOWTBDRtale of the goat bought and paid forcalderone's return part 2one way ticketflorence italyfree verseforgive us our debtslend me an ear

• 7 years later...

1. Death and the Lady 2. Calderone's Return (The Hit List/Calderone's Demise) 3. Shadow in the Dark 4. Brother's Keeper  5. The Big Thaw 6.Rites of Passage 7. Deliver Us From Evil  8. Little Miss Dangerous 9. Evan 10. Sons and Lovers

Honourable mentions: Smuggler's Blues, When Irish Eyes Are Crying, Leap Of Faith, Nobody Lives Forever, Out Where The Buses Don't Run, Mirror Image, Missing Hours.

Edited by IzzyFan99
  • Like 1

Great episodes!

46 minutes ago, IzzyFan99 said:

Honourable

Jew are looking a leetle British there, Mang. :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not in importance order.

Out where the buses dont run
Payback
when irish eyes are crying
Calderon p1 and p2
brother´s keeper
Sons and Lovers
Lombard
Smuggler´s Blues

Like a Hurricane
Made for each other
Nobody LIves forever
Evan
better living through the chemistry
by hooker by crook
el viejo
The savage

When i was younger i thought many episodes were amazing. And over the years, i felt many episodes i thought great, wasnt soooooooo great, but had few good moments. Smuggler´s blues is one of these, good plot development but i think the end is kinda foolish with trudy as hostage. Bushido had a cool pre-intro part, but the episode was boring. Definitively Miami, had those cars being buried in the sand, but the rest was kinda boring. Well, those days the television was more naif. 

The first five ones on the list are the ones i consider the most coolest. But all these are the episodes i always watch.

• 1 year later...

Firstly, let me say, I've never seen a show that has so many brilliant episodes that could easily be interchangeable for a  Top 10 "best of" list. I'm a new MV fan, and I've only seen each episode once at this point. But off the top of my head, these are the ones that stuck out to me the most. 

1. Bushido: I love Castillo, and I absolutely adore the songs in this episode. Plus, the ending ambush scene where Crockett and Tubbs save the day is amazing.

2. Shadow in the Dark: I found this episode deeply disturbing and insanely effective, even more so than Michael Mann's film, Manhunter. 

3. Death and the Lady: Yet another intensely dark, and powerful episode. The very idea of a snuff film is just terrifying to me.

4. Child's Play: I really like the long-overdue bonding between Crockett and Billy. Plus, the dark subject matter with the shooting is well done.

5. Forgive Us Our Debts: I guess I just like serious episodes. I love how adamant Crockett is, only to find out he's wrong. It's heartbreaking, but this episode lingered with me. 

6. Glades: This was the first episode I knew that would be in my top 10. I love the setting and Clem! I was going to be FURIOUS if Clem died. But he turned out to be the hero.

7. Viking Bikers From Hell: I know this episode isn't revered by many, and I'll admit that some of the acting is dreadful. But I love the overall tone, and how insane Reb is.

8. Miracle Man: Okay, hear me out. This episode starts out really goofy, but as we learn more about Georgie, I began to sympathize with him. MM is a heartbreaking episode.

9. The Cell Within: My favorite Tubbs-centric episode that is similar to the films, Seven and Saw. It's rough around the edges at times, but I really like the concept.

10. El Viejo: I'm a county music fan, so yeah, I love it. Thankfully Willie does a respectable job, and his appearance isn't just a gimmick. Really cool he played on DJ's album too.

Edited by AKUS_1985

vor 20 Minuten schrieb AKUS_1985:

Firstly, let me say, I've never seen a show that has so many brilliant episodes that could easily be interchangeable for a  Top 10 "best of" list. I'm a new MV fan, and I've only seen each episode once at this point. But off the top of my head, these are the ones that stuck out to me the most. 

1. Bushido: I love Castillo, and I absolutely adore the songs in this episode. Plus, the ending ambush scene where Crockett and Tubbs save the day is amazing.

2. Shadow in the Dark: I found this episode deeply disturbing and insanely effective, even more so than Michael Mann's film, Manhunter. 

3. Death and the Lady: Yet another intensely dark, and powerful episode. The very idea of a snuff film is just terrifying to me.

4. Child's Play: I really like the long-overdue bonding between Crockett and Billy. Plus, the dark subject matter with the shooting is well done.

5. Forgive Us Our Debts: I guess I just like serious episodes. I love how adamant Crockett is, only to find out he's wrong. It's heartbreaking, but this episode lingered with me. 

6. Glades: This was the first episode I knew that would be in my top 10. I love the setting and Clem! I was going to be FURIOUS if Clem died. But he turned out to be the hero.

7. Viking Bikers From Hell: I know this episode isn't revered by many, and I'll admit that some of the acting is dreadful. But I love the overall tone, and how insane Reb is.

8. Miracle Man: Okay, hear me out. This episode starts out really goofy, but as we learn more about Georgie, I began to sympathize with him. MM is a heartbreaking episode.

9. The Cell Within: My favorite Tubbs-centric episode that is similar to the films, Seven and Saw. It's rough around the edges at times, but I really like the concept.

10. El Viejo: I'm a county music fan, so yeah, I love it. Thankfully Willie does a respectable job, and his appearance isn't just a gimmick. Really cool he played on DJ's album too.

Interesting choice! Also brilliant to see how new fans of the series who have not seen every episode 100+ times react to the series and make up their favorite list accordingly.

I think half of your list especially the first half matches with most fans around here. Some of your choices ain´t, but everyone has his/her favorites. 

What I find extremely strange is that MV is mostly described by media as "cars, palms and bikinis", but in fact there was hardly any series back then who tackled such serious topics like child abuse, homosexuality, AIDS, US foreign policy, crack, baby snatching, etc. realistically and had still some (sarcastic) humor in it. So the style over substance argument is certainly not true.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

2 from each season:

Brother's Keeper/One-Eyed Jack

Prodigal Son/Sons and Lovers

Down for the Count/Forgive Us Our Debts

Deliver Us From Evil/Mirror Image

Redemption in Blood/Freefall

1. Brothers Keeper