Your Vice Stories

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

I think I've told y'all how I got into MV... but how did YOU get into MV?All answers, it doesn't matter, as long as I know how you became passionate about MV like I am :D

I'm sort of a new comer to MV, I had played Grand Theft Auto Vice City as a child, and i remember being encompassed by the magical 80s soundtrack and the Miami beach setting. I was only about 10 years old so I didn't know much about the decade but what i knew, i liked.As I got older i started to become aware that the game was loosely based on the popular movie Scarface & the hit tv show MV! I naturally came across Scarface many times on UK tv but unfortunately MV was a bit more obscure over here. Around Christmas last year, i wanted to play VC again out of nostalgia, so i happened to come across MV. I ended up watching a few clips on youtube of "Brother's Keeper". Naively I skipped past all the good bits and i was a bit skeptical of how old it was. I ended up taking a gamble and getting the full box set.By the time I saw Rico's & Sonny's Intros, Tubbs dancing in the strip club, the Cyndi Lauper song,:D Crockett chasing tubbs in the boat chase. I automatically fell in love with the show. The "In the air tonight" scene sealed the deal.:eek:

I was about 8 or 9 and i used to catch it on tv during it's first tv run here in the uk in the late 80's.Like my mum(or mom to my American friends lol)would be on the phone to my gran not paying attention to what i was watching and i was allowed to stay up late on fridays and saturdays.My friends and me would play it next morning with our toy guns-i mean back then as a kid thats all it was-a shootout at the end of each episode to be replayed next day lol.Properly watching the show?-i was about 17-and caught it in the tv listings on a cable channel my friend had-i thought it would be cool to see it again-and it was!!We used to make a regular thing for a couple of months-we would meet up(3 of us),play pool-then go to his house to watch miami vice.Finally I watched a lot of it on a tv run in my 20's when it was repeated here and my wife got me all the boxsets when they came out and i havent lost my love of the show for the past 5 or 6 years!