"Freefall" reactions?

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

What were your guys' opinions on the series finale of MV?Personally, I cried at the final scenes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]6932[/ATTACH]

My reaction was that we didn't get any final goodbye's from Gina, Trudy, Switek, or the Lt.. I felt they should all have goodbye scenes, and was not happy with the final result.

I admit I didn't have any reaction just because I never got to watch it. Here the series was interrupted shortly after Caitlin's death due to low audience.I don't remember exactly when I first watched the final 15 minutes, perhaps it was available for download on .orgAnyway when I finally got the S5 dvds and I watched it I already knew what it was all about, so I didn't have any reaction. Perhaps I was a little disappointed, but that was it.

I had the same reaction almost the same when Sonny was shot in bullet for Crockett I cried also.Really I could not believe the series was finished and no more Sonny and Rico and it was such a touching scene.It sort of hit me hard because that was the year my father died.We watched vice together from the beginning and then it ends the same year my father dies.Like Sonny says had some good years to Rico that's for sure.Miami Vice will live Forever in my heart that's for sure that will never change til I die.

It was over a year and a half since i saw it so dont remember it all.I was actually yelling inside myself for them to blow up the plane-and they did!!!lol usually in vice the plane would get away,so i was pleased with that.Castillio loyal to the end also was cool.Like c+b said very poor that the other cast members didn't get goodbyes.I didnt get emotional prob because i watched it out of sequence and had season 4 majority still to watch-my friend Mark i remember saying he had to have a few whisky's to steady himself.Overall i remember thinking i wasnt dissapointed,but i wonder if i watch it again how i'd feel?

I felt the same way, that we didn't get any final scenes with Gina, Trudy and Switek. Of course with Switek, we learned about his indefinite suspension due to the leak into the Borbon case, but with Gina and Trudy, they're not even in the episode hardly. One of my opinions on how Freefall SHOULD'VE ended was that Gina and Crockett realize their love for each other, move from Miami and possibly into marriage. Of course, that's how my mind works! :D

One of my opinions on how Freefall SHOULD'VE ended was that Gina and Crockett realize their love for each other' date=' move from Miami and possibly into marriage. Of course, that's how my mind works! :D[/quote']I had hoped for it during all the five season, but it never happened. :cry:

I love the finale, it's one of my very favorite episodes. IMO it was terrific ending to a unique and never-to-be-matched series. I will agree with C&B that it I would have liked final goodbyes from the rest of the crew, but that would be my only real complaint.The final scenes with Crockett and Tubbs leading into the montage with Terry Kath's "Tell Me" are ridiculously good. Really a very fitting end to the show.

Honestly I thought it was a good ending, I just think Gina should have been more involved in it given there closeness. hell it should have been Gina in the taxi with Tubbs really and then maybe have some humor about her trying to get into the storage area of the TR like they had with Noogie in the D at the end when trying to drive off to the airport. Like You know say damn it I miss the daytona once they finally get her in there and drive off.sort of leaving it off to interpretation wither or not they get back together after dropping Tubbs off a the airport.Trudy while she knew Crockett and had worked with him, had maybe 2 or 3 episodes with him where they talked and bonded. they really werent too close so that didnt bother me too much.with Castilo I think they could have had a final scene with him where he maybe offers some advice to the burned out Crockett and Tubbs. Namely about how he delt with loosing his wife in the golden triangle and loosing all of his men and how he got back onto the horse and promoted to the OCD. you know some sort of advice that would help him get back ontrack in a few years after Crocketts soul searching was done in south america.Switeck I dont know how you would fit him in, maybe have tubbs meet him at the airport with him leaving for up north or something or somewhere else. Ala what they did in Frasier with one of the old Cheers members bumping into him there.wouldnt have been as picturesque as the boys leaving the boats by the sea in the car but it would have atleast given some closure to most of the cast members and there characters futures and ends.although you could end it with the shot of them in a low flying plane flying over miami in all its glory maybe even at night around the south beach area and have the last line be something like "goodbye Miami, I'll miss you."and I have to admit the music by Timm was dead on, I cant think of Hammer even doing anything remotely as emotionally perfect as that.

I remember that I sobbed all the way through it; especially the Terry Kath "Tell Me" montage at the end... I couldn't believe that it was over... something that had helped me through some difficult times in my life was over.

Honestly I thought it was a good ending' date=' I just think Gina should have been more involved in it given there closeness. hell it should have been Gina in the taxi with Tubbs really and then maybe have some humor about her trying to get into the storage area of the TR like they had with Noogie in the D at the end when trying to drive off to the airport. Like You know say damn it I miss the daytona once they finally get her in there and drive off.sort of leaving it off to interpretation wither or not they get back together after dropping Tubbs off a the airport.Trudy while she knew Crockett and had worked with him, had maybe 2 or 3 episodes with him where they talked and bonded. they really werent too close so that didnt bother me too much.with Castilo I think they could have had a final scene with him where he maybe offers some advice to the burned out Crockett and Tubbs. Namely about how he delt with loosing his wife in the golden triangle and loosing all of his men and how he got back onto the horse and promoted to the OCD. you know some sort of advice that would help him get back ontrack in a few years after Crocketts soul searching was done in south america.Switeck I dont know how you would fit him in, maybe have tubbs meet him at the airport with him leaving for up north or something or somewhere else. Ala what they did in Frasier with one of the old Cheers members bumping into him there.wouldnt have been as picturesque as the boys leaving the boats by the sea in the car but it would have atleast given some closure to most of the cast members and there characters futures and ends.although you could end it with the shot of them in a low flying plane flying over miami in all its glory maybe even at night around the south beach area and have the last line be something like "goodbye Miami, I'll miss you."and I have to admit the music by Timm was dead on, I cant think of Hammer even doing anything remotely as emotionally perfect as that.[/quote']God, I couldn't have said it better myself.

You can tell they upped the budget and writing for Freefall. Michael Mann's hands were involved in the script, no doubt. If only the rest of Season 5 was this good! Great two-hour episode on par with Prodigal Son.I thought the end scene could've been much better. It plays too hurried. Tubbs hardly says much at all. They never addressed his young son, who lived. Does Crockett dash off to the islands without telling his son, Billy? We don't hear anything from any of the other characters. Does Switek truly clear his name?I would have been happy just to see a sixth season. All the talk you hear about Miami Vice "going out with the 80s" is kind of silly since the bulk of Season 6 would have been filmed in late 1989 -- still enough time to keep reinventing "The Vibe." If OCB let Crockett back after the whole Burnett debacle, surely the Borbon situation in Freefall was small beans if it meant getting C&T back on the force for a following season.

God' date=' I couldn't have said it better myself.[/quote']Just thought of something, you could rationalize Switek leaving because of how much Miami Reminded him of his late friend. Also the gambling and the thrill of it could be rationalized in the same mindset, to kept his mind off of all of the things that reminded him Zito.hell maybe he started doing it just because of that and got carried away with it.I mean even small things like a piece of paper can make you remember certain things you've never thought of for years and they did live together. atleast they were during the second season although Zito did have a separate place in down for the count.
You can tell they upped the budget and writing for Freefall. Michael Mann's hands were involved in the script' date=' no doubt. If only the rest of Season 5 was this good! Great two-hour episode on par with Prodigal Son.I thought the end scene could've been much better. It plays too hurried. Tubbs hardly says much at all. They never addressed his young son, who lived. Does Crockett dash off to the islands without telling his son, Billy? We don't hear anything from any of the other characters. Does Switek truly clear his name?I would have been happy just to see a sixth season. All the talk you hear about Miami Vice "going out with the 80s" is kind of silly since the bulk of Season 6 would have been filmed in late 1989 -- still enough time to keep reinventing "The Vibe." If OCB let Crockett back after the whole Burnett debacle, surely the Borbon situation in Freefall was small beans if it meant getting C&T back on the force for a following season.[/quote']well Crockett could have been planning on getting a flight out for a few weeks and that's it. I mean he did have set times he could be with his kid because of the divorce so its not like he had full access when he wanted.or atleast I dont remember him having that.Also Castilo did say he'd back them but they wanted out, so its not like they were forced into the decision. Just like alright that's enough I cant take this anymore, I mean people do burn out and just never go back unless they have to. hell I've burned out on tv shows before like Burn Notice and then stopped watching for damn near a year, same thing with your favorite movies. after seeing them a few times you never want to watch them again for atleast 6 months.Doesn't mean that's the definitive end of that though. plus they were trying to get a spin off series going here like NCIS was with JAG, but well I guess they figured they'd get it going and it never did get it picked up.and Don did say alright that's enough and moved on after vice, he said so recently actually in the Conan O Brien interview. so it was probably more of a thought they were going to have a shot to continue the story but didn't kind of deal.and after being 5 years of being someone you do kind of burn out on it sometimes and some people are like that actor wise. key in that case though is to do something wholey different from what your known for that is the exact opposite in every possible sense if you want to get a different kind of work than what you were known for.something I think Don didn't realize, but EJO did know and did during vices run as that overweight school teacher in one of his movies which I've seen.along with Anne Hathaway, she must have had a hell of an agent who knew what he was doing with her.

Why couldn't they at least film one more season? A season that would start in September 1989 and end in May 1990? Maybe we'd see a new fashion that the show would use, and maybe the Testarossa could've been replaced with maybe a 1989 or 1990 model of a Ferrari F40, and maybe Gina and Sonny could've rekindled their Season 1 relationship and push it maybe into marriage? Maybe Tubbs and Valerie do the same? Would Switek return in Season 6 or would he be replaced by a new character? If so, maybe Michael Keaton or Chris Sarandon? And what about Caroline and Bob Ballard's new baby? Does Billy connect with him, or does he not like him like he did in "To Have And To Hold"? What about Tim Truman? Does he return to compose the background music, or is he replaced by Hans Zimmer, Basil Poledouris, or maybe Jan Hammer returns? What about Izzy? Does he return as well? He was only in 4 episodes in Season 5. Would Gina and Trudy appear in more episodes than they did in the previous season? There are so many questions that I could go on for hours about if they did a 6th season.

Why couldn't they at least film one more season? A season that would start in September 1989 and end in May 1990? Maybe we'd see a new fashion that the show would use' date=' and maybe the Testarossa could've been replaced with maybe a 1989 or 1990 model of a Ferrari F40, and maybe Gina and Sonny could've rekindled their Season 1 relationship and push it maybe into marriage? Maybe Tubbs and Valerie do the same? Would Switek return in Season 6 or would he be replaced by a new character? If so, maybe Michael Keaton or Chris Sarandon? And what about Caroline and Bob Ballard's new baby? Does Billy connect with him, or does he not like him like he did in "To Have And To Hold"? What about Tim Truman? Does he return to compose the background music, or is he replaced by Hans Zimmer, Basil Poledouris, or maybe Jan Hammer returns? What about Izzy? Does he return as well? He was only in 4 episodes in Season 5. Would Gina and Trudy appear in more episodes than they did in the previous season? There are so many questions that I could go on for hours about if they did a 6th season.[/quote']Maybe but well what being a trek fan has taught me is that well be very glad when a show ends on a high note like vice did. not like the berman era did with voyager and enterprise or the TNG movies. Where he followed the rodeneberry ideal to the death which stated that there be no conflict amongst the crew, basically no real drama outside of the enemys of the week.which is what made early TNG so bland and boring.and if anything they should have given crockett his old car back, the 911 he had in Forgive us our debts or the daytona replica again, hell even just a straight corvette C3 with a 454, something that isnt as hard to live with as the normal TR and much less white than it.

I just wish they ended Freefall with a perfect ending. This ending was something that should've been better.

I just wish they ended Freefall with a perfect ending. This ending was something that should've been better.

true but they had 4 endings they went through with it and had to pick and choose which would be the best one.something with they stop a terrorist plot about the hijacking of an aircraft ala Magnum Force I would imagine and it ended up with them getting killed in the crossfire, another two where one of them dies and one where they live and leave it as an open ending.So I'm glad they both lived and it ended like it did, it could have been far worse, could have been better but god am I glad it didnt end like "Endgame" or "these are the voyages" like with enterprise and voyager.

I think by the time the finale came around, the style of the show had dissipated so much that we're lucky it turned out as good as it was. It could have been "big thaw" god awful.They should have added some quintessential miami vice to make it like the glory days, the scarrab was sorely missed in season 5 etc. Some good boat action turns the mediocre episodes into something of a highlight.. "baseballs of death" and "god's work" for example.

Ugh, god you're right. I'm just glad it was one of the best eps of Season 5. Certainly, S5 wasn't the best of MV, but it was 100 times better than Season 4.