The MIAMI VICE CAR TODAY 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j4vice

Hello, In 2011 I contacted the high-end car dealership at the SUNRISE FORT LAUDERDALE SWAP SHOP guised as a purchasing agent. I asked if the MIAMI VICE CAR was for sale. They have twenty-five of the most expensive cars in the world. They had just sold the most expensive Corvette ever on record. When I called they asked me to hold on a minute. I almost went into shock. When they came back on the line they told me ..... "The MIAMI VICE CAR is not for sale." I said "Good" and it still remains on display less than a mile form my house .....Eingefügtes Bild

The SWAP SHOP ownerMr. Henn bought the MIAMI VICE CAR in 1990 from UNIVERSAL PICTURES for $750,000.00 a year after the show ended. Here is the BILL OF SALE .... Eingefügtes Bild

I believe two Testarossas were given to the show (the 3rd was a Pantera car created to look like a testarossa for stunt scenes) by Ferrari of North America if they stopped using the replica Daytona.Anyone know what happened to the second Ferrari Testarossa?

TRUE .... maybe?This is "THE" real Ferarri as Mr. Henn was a race car driver. Has also has on display the 1963 DAYTONA winner right next to the MIAMI VICE CAR. Here is a better pic of the BILL OF SALE ..... Eingefügtes BildThe car went for three quarters of a MILLION dollars ..... and this is the real one, one of only one thousand made. Please come to South Miami and visit the SWAP SHOP for a breath taking experience my pictures cannot deliver ...

I believe two Testarossas were given to the show (the 3rd was a Pantera car created to look like a testarossa for stunt scenes) by Ferrari of North America if they stopped using the replica Daytona.Anyone know what happened to the second Ferrari Testarossa?
No' date=' I don't mean what happened to a car in the show' date=' I mean, does anyone know where the second Ferrari went in real life? The photo of the car in Florida says it's the real Ferrari used in the show. Where is the second one?[/quote'']Kavinsky, do you know the answer?

That wasnt an exaggeration? he paid 750 K for the MV TR?that's gotta hurt when he looks at that bill of sale, they normally sell for about 50 - 75 K on the open market today, about 15 K less than the 90 K it sold for in 1986, while the countach was a 120 K512 TR's, the first revision of the testarossa that hit the road in 1992 are about a 150K given there design changes and improvements to the motor, it was moved a foot further forward, revamped and redone for the times in 1992 along with the gearshift effort and clutch and ferrari redid the interior and removed the two tone color scheme of the exterior, two big negatives mixed with one old one with the front Eingefügtes Bildalong with no power steering or steering assist on any of the revisions either.with the 512M they fixed the front end but ruined the rest of the carEingefügtes Bildshould see the back:

and I have come across one TR with that front end and it looked great on it:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6955&stc=1&d=1350714473spoke with the owner on the ferrari forums, kind of interested to see what he picks and chooses from my suggestions for his ongoing project therethe M goes for about a 175KNo idea what happened to the second one, the way I figure it the one that we havent heard of was the one that was spliced up for the camera work and probably the roughest around the edges, might have been scrapped ala what happened with one of the bullit mustangs in 68', where one survived that was in the best condition and the other one was scrapped.but is reportedly dust and gone on part of a neglectiful owner in the ohio river valley so I get the feeling that's what happened here with one of the TR'sthe stunt car was lost during carl roberts legal battle with ferrari, the rebodied detomaso panteraEingefügtes Bildwe know that much and its presumed missing and probably restored to original condition with its normal body back on it by now as actually and ironically its worth more than the testarossa.funny how things work out like that.but Ironically it seems like well that car, which I presume was the long shot car probably got a fair amount of work as even though they had a stunt car they used the actual car for a lot of the stunts, camera car included with the stuff missing on it.it seems like they only used the stunt car for scenes where the car was to stop infront of another car, motorbike or the alleyway shots in episodes like the savage, where it would be in direct danger.

post-592-13892964950247_thumb.jpg

your welcome but I was actually in mid reply after seeing the six figure number for the TR.I had to do a double take after seeing that. but in 1990 they hadnt come out with the 512TR yet but still jesus even with the models of the movie and TV enterprise they didnt reach that level.although I think the enterprise A movie model did sell for about 400,000 K if I'm remembering that correctly, they liquidated the model department at paramount on the 40th anniversary of trek when berman ran trek into the ground in 2004/2006.still though better in collectors hands than gathering dust in a warehouse but I gotta wonder did the numbers get exaggerated, even as a movie tv show car I wouldn't think they would go for that much. The kitted out bondmobile for 16 mill I can see being connery's ride but with TV cars, production ones they usually don't go that highits the customs or one offs like the batmobiles that go for a serious amount of money.so was there a bidding war for it in 1990? and who else was in the running as I dont think ferrari would ask THAT much money for it, a 4 year old production car with a fair amount of wear on it that probably had a clutch change atleast once between S3 and S4.which was part of the usual service for the car every 15K miles, about a 5K job where they have to remove the engine to get at the clutch.

This is "THE" real Ferarri as Mr. Henn was a race car driver. Has also has on display the 1963 DAYTONA winner right next to the MIAMI VICE CAR. Here is a better pic of the BILL OF SALE ..... Eingefügtes BildThe car went for three quarters of a MILLION dollars ..... and this is the real one' date=' one of only one thousand made. Please come to South Miami and visit the SWAP SHOP for a breath taking experience my pictures cannot deliver ...[/quote']wait one of a 1000 made? were you looking at the daytona he had? as they made more than a 1000 with the testarossa, about 7G, hence the price.the daytona had a typical run back then in the 1960's of about 1400 cars, 124 real spyders included and I know he owns a coupe, he was involved with the 40th aniversary of the daytona and Classic and sports car magazine had an interview with him about it.still though even then 750K for a coupe with the D, that's about double what they go for even if it was one of the 68 models with the plexyglass headlight covers, mellow yellow one if I remember the photo correctly.sorry should have picked up on that sooner.

Wonder if that "bill of sale" is a marketing stunt. Just can't believe anyone would pay $750,000 for a used Testa in the 1980's regardless of its pedigree. As to where the second Testa is, an interesting question as they would have an extra car vs the 2 Daytonas used in S1-S3. So if one was used for camera work and the Pantera for stunt work, what did they use the second Testa for? I would think the VIN numbers should be traceable from Ferrari to Universal much the same as Jurassic did when he traced the Daytona Vin numbers through Bills of Sale. Would need to find or have access to the record archives at Universal for that.

Wonder if that "bill of sale" is a marketing stunt. Just can't believe anyone would pay $750' date='000 for a used Testa in the 1980's regardless of its pedigree. As to where the second Testa is, an interesting question as they would have an extra car vs the 2 Daytonas used in S1-S3. So if one was used for camera work and the Pantera for stunt work, what did they use the second Testa for? I would think the VIN numbers should be traceable from Ferrari to Universal much the same as Jurassic did when he traced the Daytona Vin numbers through Bills of Sale. Would need to find or have access to the record archives at Universal for that.[/quote']Sorry I ment they used both of the TR's for most of the work, stuntwork included and you can see the camera car being used as the driving car for "the savage" here with its missing rear bumperEingefügtes Bildwhere they removed the rear bumper to alow space for the camera to be put in along with the rear window on it to alow more air in, and frequently covered it with plastic when the weather acted upEingefügtes Bildan Idea I'm prety sure Carl Roberts may have had a hand in, given that for C3 coupes in the early 1970's that was actually an option on the car to have a removable rear window put in to get a very convertible like coupe, 1972 or 1973, it rattled alot though so plastic would be a viable alternativeand weirdly during the father and son episode they used it for long distance shots on the drive to his ex wifes place, complete with the missing front spoiler, hole cut in the hood (the slit between the bumper and the trunk) and the missing rear end:
and they only seemed to use the rebodied detomaso for scenes where the car would risk certain damage if anyone messed up slightly, namely in Streetwise when that car skids next to the TREingefügtes Bildnote the odd look of the seat and square looking roof. the reb brown episode where sonny has to skid out of the way of reb's bike and SUVand the stairdown at the end of the down for the count chase at 3:18 which I only picked up on because of the way the headlights were rigged up on the detomaso and the smaller roof linehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSgQdWvZEbsalthough for the rest of the chase save for the start weirdly where they're using the stunt car for a simple close up scene it is an actual TR doing the work, including the dead end scene where sonny skids it around like that.hell outside of maybe those instances I dont really remember them ever really using the detomaso stunt car for the rest of the shows run. Part of the reason why I think the camera TR might have been scrapped given I think they took the door off for some of the indoor scenes in S4 and used it for driving scenes regardless.it was probably in bad shape by the end of the shows run given how many takes they usually do in the movie and tv world with old style car chases.and with modern ferrari's and lamborghini's going for about 200 - 300K I cant imagine someone paying 750 K 1990 dollars either, wonder if he's hoping that someone will offer him that much for it or more.I'd sooner buy a normal one and fix what I hate about the design like the guy in Shanghai, still be about 620 K cheaper

Uhh sorry of that was abit deflating in retrospect j4vice, I just heavily looked into the testarossa as much as the daytona and I had my reasons for not pursing one.I like it but I wouldnt want to own one.

At my last assignment, someone had a cherry red Magnum P.I. Ferrari in the parking lot, guess it was his COMMUTER car! (?!) '80s Ferraris are in affordable range. Don't ask me how, but maybe someone will tell me!http://autos.aol.com/used-list/year-1980-1984/make1-Ferrari/ <- take a look. Do we have a general car thread? Someone post a link to it, I need to know where I can buy a Mad Max car.

http://autos.aol.com/used-list/year-1980-1984/make1-Ferrari/ <- take a look. Do we have a general car thread? Someone post a link to it, I need to know where I can buy a Mad Max car.

wilder things have happened, the 308 was a 3 liter V8 vs the 5 liter of the 350 and the 7 liter of the 454's so the gas mileage wouldnt be too bad.and that's because of how many they made, which I believe was up in the couple thousand range (the ones that go for super money are usually 1.5K made or less) plus the amount of horsepower the modern ones are putting out are shadowing the old ones.plus you dont know what your buying, those all could have been hard miles where they didnt wait to warm up the car before getting on it:http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/collections/super-cars/1986-lamborghini-countach/index.shtmlwhich is essental to italian cars with there double overhead cam shafts where the oil pan is put above them rather than below along with small oil passages.and I think I put one in the party favors forum like everything elseedit ah here it is:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?16376-The-Car-threadthat would be a 1973 ford falcon XB GT, with all around disc brakes, might have to be imported and a regular XB or XChttp://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-replica-cars/index.htmlhttp://www.youtube.com/user/1001Hobbiesthey also had some specific parts from ford Australia when it came to the engine, I think the heads of the cylinders so it might be hard to get parts for the aussie version of the 351 and they came with all around disc brakes.hell the XC was nothing to sneaze at either
I think that baby had a proven top speed of about a 160 in racing circles with its 351.actually hell stinger390X said he knew a guy who had one in his neck of the woods, the mad max car done up a 100% accurately to the first movie complete with the blower and correct tire treads.she sucks nitro, phase 4 heads
based off of this baby:
twin overhead cams like on a ferrari, meaning 4 valves per cylinder, two for exhaust, two for putting fuel in the cylinder that was one mean car, probably could make 600 HP and someone has actually made one like it:http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-fans/mad-max-replica-cars/mad-max-interceptors/mark-scarselli-blown-interceptor/index.html

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/savage19.jpgwhere they removed the rear bumper to alow space for the camera to be put in along with the rear window on it to alow more air in, and frequently covered it with plastic when the weather acted upEingefügtes Bildan Idea I'm prety sure Carl Roberts may have had a hand in, given that for C3 coupes in the early 1970's that was actually an option on the car to have a removable rear window put in to get a very convertible like coupe, 1972 or 1973, it rattled alot though so plastic would be a viable alternativeand weirdly during the father and son episode they used it for long distance shots on the drive to his ex wifes place, complete with the missing front spoiler, hole cut in the hood (the slit between the bumper and the trunk) and the missing rear end:

and they only seemed to use the rebodied detomaso for scenes where the car would risk certain damage if anyone messed up slightly, namely in Streetwise when that car skids next to the TREingefügtes Bildnote the odd look of the seat and square looking roof. the reb brown episode where sonny has to skid out of the way of reb's bike and SUVand the stairdown at the end of the down for the count chase at 3:18 which I only picked up on because of the way the headlights were rigged up on the detomaso and the smaller roof linehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSgQdWvZEbsalthough for the rest of the chase save for the start weirdly where they're using the stunt car for a simple close up scene it is an actual TR doing the work, including the dead end scene where sonny skids it around like that.hell outside of maybe those instances I dont really remember them ever really using the detomaso stunt car for the rest of the shows run. Part of the reason why I think the camera TR might have been scrapped given I think they took the door off for some of the indoor scenes in S4 and used it for driving scenes regardless.it was probably in bad shape by the end of the shows run given how many takes they usually do in the movie and tv world with old style car chases.and with modern ferrari's and lamborghini's going for about 200 - 300K I cant imagine someone paying 750 K 1990 dollars either, wonder if he's hoping that someone will offer him that much for it or more.I'd sooner buy a normal one and fix what I hate about the design like the guy in Shanghai, still be about 620 K cheaper
i find ferrari testarossa :cool::thumbsup:,

lol well atleast its in good hands. But in all seriousness it would be a 1986 or 1987 model, last of the A pillar mirror mounted ones, with the center lock magnesium rims Cream interior, chocolate colored dash and center console, rust colored carpets and it originally came in a rare color called Nero Metallizzato/nero metallica (black metallic) and it was repainted at a south beach shop in white so that should show up on the Vin instead of bianco which I believe is italian for white.I found the photos online on a website where it also showed the flat nosed 911 used in a Bullet Crockett in the background where it was about to get repainted and was in its original color. Sadly I didnt think to save the photos or the website at the time.could of had the turn signals modded to 89 spec which I have seen on an early one.

The second Testarossa? It´s inside my garage here in Rio... Amazing how no thief robbed it yet....

Nice. I LOVE Rio. Need to get down there again as I have a friend/business associate that lives in the city, with a view of the statue.

Kavinsky your knowledge of guns and cars is truly impressive!I always enjoy your detailed posts.on the topic of 750k for the testaroassa-it does seem very steep-but then it WAS driven by Don Johnson lol-seems a bargain to me!