GTA Vice City. Tenth Anniversary.

nater86zx

Vice City was and still is a great game. I sill play it once in a blue moon. Great music, fun action. I just with the cars were actual real makes and models, not knockoffs. ( The Daytona lookng car was called the 'Stinger', the Testarossa looking one was called the 'Cheetah').

GTA Vice City. Tenth Anniversary.Just thought I'd start a thread about our GTA VC memories as it's celebrating its 10th anniversary next week.The massive influence of this classic game cannot be underestimated, basically it jump started the 80s revival and was probably the catalyst in MV being given reruns on TV networks worldwide. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who can say that if it wasn't for GTA VC I probably wouldn't be a MV fan today.

Same! Vice city introduced a new generation to the awesome-ness of the 80s & i thought it was just so cool :cool: If you look on youtube, the top comments for those classic songs usually are "VICE CITY FTW!!" "MIAMI VICE!":D The game had almost as big impact as the show itself & maybe more so in some ways!

Earlier this year I played L.A. Noire. This was around the time I'd discovered Miami Vice. It didn't take me long to start wanting to see a Miami Vice game done a lot like L.A. Noire. If someone were to do it, it would blow Vice City and GTA out of the water.

• 3 weeks later...

Vice City has some nice songs,even Crockett's Theme.I usually play Wave 103 and Flash FM station becuase they play my type of music and my favorite The Fixx!I always seem to forget my objectives and just cruise around to the tunes

Has it really been 10 years? I used to play it when I was 9 years old and I still play it occasionally. Hadn't I heard Crockett's Theme in that game, I would not have become interested in Miami Vice and the 80s, so I owe a lot to Vice City.

Has it really been 10 years? I used to play it when I was 9 years old and I still play it occasionally. Hadn't I heard Crockett's Theme in that game' date=' I would not have become interested in Miami Vice and the 80s, so I owe a lot to Vice City.[/quote']ditto here, that's how I first got exposed to it but didnt know what it was from till I saw the pilot years later.
In the news just this week for licensing issues..http://www.gamespot.com/news/gta-vice-city-pulled-from-steam-6400182So stupid.
yeah I saw, wonder if MJ's music label is holding out for more money or something now that he's passed on.

• 6 months later...

Got it yesterday for my Galaxy S3...10th Anniversary Edition.Looks exactly the same as on PC back in the days.:thumbsup: When I am on the road - Vice City is with me!;)

post-9603-13892965675031_thumb.jpg

HUGE GTA:Vice City fan here!:thumbsup:this game never get boring to me,passed so many times that I forgot the the count.the music,the fashion,the neon lights and the spirit of the game its all pure Miami Vice style:clap:only thing that is sad is length it could be some more of awesomeness to enjoy

• 9 years later...
11 hours ago, blondman69 said:

GTA VC is fast approaching it's 20th birthday now! 

Who still plays it?

I was never an avid video game player other than MLB The Show, but Vice City was something really special. I fondly remember often trying to find a Stinger, picking up Lance Vance, putting the radio on Emotion 98.3, waiting for Jan Hammer's iconic "Crockett's Theme" to come on and driving around the city at night. Fun times.

• Like 4