Disney buys lucasfilm for $4.5 billion!

COOPER&BURNETT

NEW STAR WARS FEATURE FILMS ARE COMING IN 2015!!DISNEY BUYS LUCASFILM FOR $4.5 BILLION DOLLARS.http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2012/10/30/mickey-meet-yoda-disney-to-buy-lucasfilm-for-4-05-billion/

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YyqlTi7lkhY

Lucas has film treatments for the next three STAR WARS films. Lucasfilm will still make the films, and stay it's own entity, but DISNEY will fund it now, and distribute the movies.Hopefully, JOHN WILLIAMS will score the next three movies!

Lucas discusses that he has written three movie treatments for new movies! Also, I read that there are plans to revamp the theme parks with more STAR WARS stuff.Can you say, "STAR WARS LAND?"

The new movies will start sometime after RETURN OF THE JEDI.Hopefully, they will cast MARK HAMILL, CARRIE FISHER, AND HARRISON FORD. Luke Skywalker, and leia who have jedi powers, could have started to train a new crop of young jedi to stop the threat of evil. (Luke was the last of the Jedi) Yoda as an apparation will most likely show up to share his wisdom, as will CHEWBACCA, C-3PO, and R2-D2.This could be absolutely fantastic, and made right!!Lucas said that he had produced story treatments for the next trilogy of films as well as "other movies." ....could this mean more INDIANA JONES MOVIES??!!!!I'd like STEVEN SPIELBERG (who's a huge fan of the films) to direct, and JOHN WILLIAMS to again score the movies.

Eingefügtes BildAbove: Disney chief Bob Iger and George Lucas, above, make the Lucasfilm acquisition official in Los Angeles.

Biggest news of the year imo.Im not a big star wars fan-loved them as a kid,but never really went back to them(the originals)but i know the impact these movies have in modern cinema history.If George was done i think he did the right thing by passing them on-question is-WHAT THE HELL IS HE GONNA DO WITH FOUR BILLION lol????

well if what I'm reading is true, freddy. Robert Englund was apparently considered for han solo and is a friend of mark hamill but never got into the film series.I just looked him up after getting midway through Sfdebris's halloween videohttp://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/b5-grey-17-is-missing-review-6420396maybe they can rectify this mistake in the new ones of not casting him at all, although I gotta wonder who's going to have creative control over star wars? is it going to be brookheimer, the one who's got a so-so reputation with the pirates series and if not him who is going to take over.some of the old guild who worked on the original films and constantly questioned george who made them what they were? I mean who?still though regardless this is sort of good news even if he does have some creative control hopefully and god if they do another indy please recast someone else as Indy's sonhell why not connery's son? that would fit actually and he's fully grown.

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/b5-grey-17-is-missing-review-6420396maybe they can rectify this mistake in the new ones of not casting him at all, although I gotta wonder who's going to have creative control over star wars? is it going to be brookheimer, the one who's got a so-so reputation with the pirates series and if not him who is going to take over.some of the old guild who worked on the original films and constantly questioned george who made them what they were? I mean who?still though regardless this is sort of good news even if he does have some creative control hopefully and god if they do another indy please recast someone else as Indy's sonhell why not connery's son? that would fit actually and he's fully grown.

No New Indiana Jones Planned From DisneyBy: Russ Burlingame on October 30, 2012While the Walt Disney Company did mention the Indiana Jones franchise in passing during the conference call announcing the acquisition of Lucasfilm, the company does not plan to make any new movies based on the character in the immediate future, according to representatives for the company. They did not explicitly say that the rumored fifth Indiana Jones movie had been killed by the deal, but since it seemed to be fairly undefined, it seems likely that the project will be back-burnered. “We didn’t ascribe any value to the Indiana Jones franchise due to the encumbrances that exist,” said Disney’s Robert Iger, referring presumably to exit fees that would have to be paid to Paramount, who distributed the previous Indiana Jones films, in order to take the property elsewhere. Disney told investors that the valuation they did of Lucasfilm in order to come to terms for the purchase was almost exclusively taking into consideration the value of Star Wars, and that any other revenue generated from Lucasfilm would be “an upside.” Asked by an investor whether the studio planned on capitalizing on any of the other intellectual properties that Lucasfilm owns, the company said there were no plans to do so, and that they were “focusing on Star Wars” in the foreseeable future.Robert Englund is not considered for Han Solo for the new trillogy, as they haven't started casting yet. They haven't even written it yet.Disney is letting LUCASFILM create the movies, like they have always done. In this case, the new president of Lucasfilm (kathleen kennedy) will be in charge, and will have Lucas as a creative consultant. Disney will have final decition on the film, not lucas.P.S. I agree. Indy's son sucked.

Robert Englund is not considered for Han Solo for the new trillogy, as they haven't started casting yet. They haven't even written it yet.Disney is letting LUCASFILM create the movies, like they have always done. In this case, the new president of Lucasfilm (kathleen kennedy) will be in charge, and will have Lucas as a creative consultant. Disney will have final decition on the film, not lucas.P.S. I agree. Indy's son sucked.

nah I mean if they ever do he should have some sort of part of it, any part really. Hell I could see him playing luke's father in the first one or even Obi Wan.hmm so there is hope that it could be as good as the originals then, from what I understand the reason why the last three werent that good is because well... because of the reputation, legacy and popularity of the first 3 films no one was willing to give him a hard time over the scripts and story discussions and so on and so forth.so unless the guy really knows what he's doing, knows everything about it and has a solid great vision its never going to be as great. Vs a project where everyone had a say in it as they all deeply cared about it (rather than what happens with focus groups on cars who make boring cars who dont take it seriously and make the car bland as it can be) and it all added to it.hell that's what happened with star trek 2 with Nicholas Meyer, he had huge input from everyone with the story, film making and everything else. namely Harve Bennett and the script was so good that Robert Montalbán actually did the part for less than what his agent was asking.same thing with Hayao Miyazaki, as soon as the guy who gave him a hard time over the stories left, who I think was Mamoru Hosoda, the films started to suffer for it and havent been as good since then.basically you gotta have a whole group who has passion about it working on it for it to be good and add the little details and ideas into the film shootings, I mean the littlest of details makes the biggest of differences like with the Han Solo shot first deal.I mean all it is is him shooting a guy who he knows is probably going to collect a debt with his life, yet the original version shows you how this man has survived living this kind of life style while others have perished.the other it just looks like he got lucky and the collector was a really sucky shot, and that's just one scene, now figure that for a whole film.but yeah with Indy I would have loved for him to pull Marian aside and say in a really loud voice THAT IS NOT MY BLOOD IN THAT BOY!

I was in San Francisco during the summer and I almost went to Lucas Film just so I could wander around the studios. Now I kinda wish I had done so. Disney might not let people do that anymore.

I was in San Francisco during the summer and I almost went to Lucas Film just so I could wander around the studios. Now I kinda wish I had done so. Disney might not let people do that anymore.

The offices at the PRESIDIO in San Francisco can be visited by fans (nice YODA statue there). However, SKYWALKER RANCH in nearby Marin County is private, and not open to the public to visit.....darn, that's where the SKYWALKER RANCH / LUCASFILM company store is.

The offices at the PRESIDIO in San Francisco can be visited by fans (nice YODA statue there). However' date=' SKYWALKER RANCH in nearby Marin County is private, and not open to the public to visit.....darn, that's where the SKYWALKER RANCH / LUCASFILM company store is.[/quote']When I was there during the summer. The big news in San Fran was that George Lucas was trying to get permission build new studios for all of his companies on his Marin County property. The reason was the leased buildings they use in San Fran were sort of limited in size and kind of old. Anyway, all of George's wealthy neighbors in Marin County (it is the richest county in the country) wouldn't agree to let him do that. They wanted Marin county to be undeveloped with as few people as possible. In response George was threatening to go ahead with a plan to build a massive section 8 housing project on his land since they wouldn't let him build studios. Apparently they wouldn't be able to stop something like that. lolI wouldn't be surprised if him selling Lucas Film was entirely about him just being fed up with trying to run companies and dealing with people who want to stop him from accomplishing things.