Marley & Me

miamijimf

I saw "Marley & Me" at the movies. It had lots of aerial shots from all over S. Fla. It shows the area in a very positive way. DanJ and I visited the Coconut Grove Expo Center, where they film burn Notice, last year and walked through elaborate indoor sets for this movie. A real tear jerker, not my kind of movie but worth a look if you are a fan of S. Fla and cute movies. Check the trailer http://marleyandmemovie.com/

Geez' date=' do I hafta endure a chick flick just ta see some Miami scenery? :D[/quote']You could rent the DVD when it comes out and fast forward thru the chick stuff.

Guest The Talk
Geez' date=' do I hafta endure a chick flick just ta see some Miami scenery? :D[/quote']No, you don't have to.Just sit in your car, no jabbering chick next to you, drive through Miami and enjoy the scenery... :glossy::p:dance2:

Marley & Me is far from being a chick flick. It's a story about how important our pets are to many of us in our lives. Owen Wilson and Jennifer Anniston are good in this movie, but what makes it a good movie is the purpose of the book and movie is that family member, the dog, and it's importance to them and the children. The movie, based on the book by John Grogan, is really good because it never takes the focus off the purpose of the story, which is how some of us feel about our pet's place in our lives. For me, as in the movie, they are simply part of the family, and never any less than that. I highly recommend the movie to anyone whether or not they are pet lovers to see what absolutely unconditional love is about.Simon ~ He was my best friend for 13-1/2 years. He passed away November 7th. He was 15 years old.Eingefügtes BildThis is Monkey. I got him at the Humane Society on December 2nd. He's about 1 year old.Eingefügtes BildIt was an added treat to see scenes of South Florida and South Beach:)

DJAngel,Thanks for that. I am a pet lover too, it's just that I like action/adventure or historical drama movies and tend to dismiss all the rest. A movie centered on a pet isn't very entertaining to me but you are right to question calling it a chick flick.