The "Lost" Episodes...Promotion?

Lar

Okay, regarding the three episodes (World Of Trouble, Miracle Man, Leap Of Faith) that aired on NBC after Freefall, for those of you watching during the original NBC run, were you somehow aware that these were 'new' episodes, did NBC make any mention of that in advertising (and I don't mean big fireworks or anything, simply designating them as "new")? Or were they just thrown into the summer burn-off pile and forgotten?Same deal for USA's airing of Too Much, Too Late. Did USA ever make any kind of deal about it being a "lost" episode, or were those of you tuning into for your post-NBC MV fix surprised by a previously unseen ep out of the blue?

• Like 1

Ah, okay, thanks Matt5! So there was promotion 'singling out' Too Much, Too Late as more than just another rerun. I'm really curious about those three post-Freefall NBC eps. Would it make any sense to promote new episodes after having aired the series finale? Anyone remember/know how that went down?

NBC did zero promotion for the unaired episodes after "Freefall", they just aired them and that was it, sort of like an after thought. USA did promote "Too Much, Too Late" as a "lost" episode...

• Like 1

NBC did zero promotion for the unaired episodes after "Freefall"' date=' they just aired them and that was it, sort of like an after thought. USA did promote "Too Much, Too Late" as a "lost" episode...[/quote']Thanks! Kinda sad that one of the most innovative and groundbreaking shows ended that way on the network where it began, but, I guess it's understandable. The finale had aired, so there wasn't a whole lot they could (realistically) do. Plus, the ratings were down, it was the summer, etc.I suppose that the fact two of the episodes were Miracle Man and Leap of Faith didn't help either; Awful, awful episodes.World of Trouble is excellent, though.

• Administrators

Ok, let's set the record straight."Too Much, Too Late" was the only true "lost episode" It was aired for the 1st time in syndication on the USA Network in January of 1990. Back in the day censors felt that the plot of a mother selling her daughter for drugs was unaceptable on prime time television so the episode was never seen during Vice's original run on NBC. The other 3 episodes "World of Trouble" (6/14/89), "Miracle Man" (6/21/89) and "Leap of Faith" (6/28/89) weren't "lost" They were aired on Wednesday nights in June after "Freefall"For those still wondering, "Freefall" was aired on May 21st because May is what the networks refer to as "Ratings sweeps" A time when they show their best stuff to gain ratings and "Freefall" was it. That's the only reason those 3 episodes were shown after "Freefall"

Ok' date=' let's set the record straight."Too Much, Too Late" was the only true "lost episode" It was aired for the 1st time in syndication on the USA Network in January of 1990. Back in the day censors felt that the plot of a mother selling her daughter for drugs was unaceptable on prime time television so the episode was never seen during Vice's original run on NBC. The other 3 episodes "World of Trouble" (6/14/89), "Miracle Man" (6/21/89) and "Leap of Faith" (6/28/89) weren't "lost" They were aired on Wednesday nights in June after "Freefall"For those still wondering, "Freefall" was aired on May 21st because May is what the networks refer to as "Ratings sweeps" A time when they show their best stuff to gain ratings and "Freefall" was it. That's the only reason those 3 episodes were shown after "Freefall"

[/quote']FERRARIMAN is correct in all the above.

Ok' date=' let's set the record straight."Too Much, Too Late" was the only true "lost episode" It was aired for the 1st time in syndication on the USA Network in January of 1990. Back in the day censors felt that the plot of a mother selling her daughter for drugs was unaceptable on prime time television so the episode was never seen during Vice's original run on NBC. The other 3 episodes "World of Trouble" (6/14/89), "Miracle Man" (6/21/89) and "Leap of Faith" (6/28/89) weren't "lost" They were aired on Wednesday nights in June after "Freefall"For those still wondering, "Freefall" was aired on May 21st because May is what the networks refer to as "Ratings sweeps" A time when they show their best stuff to gain ratings and "Freefall" was it. That's the only reason those 3 episodes were shown after "Freefall"

[/quote']You're of course correct Fman. I was just using term 'lost' to describe the odd circumstances of those three post-Freefall eps (aired after the finale, burnt off in the summer with apparently little-to-no promotion), I didn't actually consider them lost, certainly not in the same way as Too, Much, Too Late. It was probably the wrong term to use, but honestly, that's just what came to me first-off, I didn't think much of it. They're airing on Wednesday was a new one to me, so thanks for that info. Definitely interesting!

• 7 years later...

I'm guessing this was the 4 episodes of season 5 that weren't shown in the original season 5 broadcast, and was first shown during its first run in syndication.

• 1 month later...

I remember watching one episode on a Wednesday. It may have just been a rerun of an earlier episode but I remember being surprised the show was airing on Wednesday. Seems like I read the ratings were decent at that time slot.