French/Euro Vice fans: I need your Paris tips!

CharlieGlide

Got lucky and my friend is flying me over to Paris tomorrow for a few days. He'll be busy during the weekdays so I'll need to keep myself busy. I'll be staying near Notre Dame. Is it just as easy as sitting at a cafe, having a coffee and watching people for a few hours? Or is that a movie stunt?

Got lucky and my friend is flying me over to Paris tomorrow for a few days. He'll be busy during the weekdays so I'll need to keep myself busy. I'll be staying near Notre Dame. Is it just as easy as sitting at a cafe' date=' having a coffee and watching people for a few hours? Or is that a movie stunt?[/quote']Haven't been there for some years but it is a great place to stroll around & to people watch. The metro is easy to use too. I loved visiting the Louvre, which in recent times was used in Davinci code movie - the Mona Lisa is worth finding in there. Eiffel Tower is good for views but be wary of the costs in the cafes in it. Make sure you bring some layered clothing as it is getting much colder over here. I hope you have a fantastic time & hope to hear all about it when you get back! Bon voyage

I've lived in Paris recently and I can assure you that the city will keep you busy all day: there's so much to see and do.Since you'll be staying near Notre Dame, you can start your visit from there.I suggest you to take a walk on the river Seine, or take the Bateau Mouche to have a different view of the city.Eiffel Tower is worth the queue, once you're on top you'll experience a breathtaking view.At dusk go to Champs-Élysées, it's packed with traffic but very nice.Go to Louvre and see the Monna Lisa: when you walk past the painting stare into her eyes and you'll notice that she seems to follow you with her eyes... it's quite funny but it works!

-The river Seine running right through/past Notre Dame is something to marvel at.-Walking through Montmartre.-Just hanging out in the huge park near the Louvre, feeding the little birds that hop right up to you. Although it might be a bit cold right now.

Got to the apartment I'm staying in for a few days. Really nice and across the street from Notre Dame. There is a local tv production occurring in the building right now. Pretty funny, going from L.A. To Paris and have production trucks around.My friend is a music freak like me, so in anticipation of my arrival he had the European releases of both Miami Vice soundtracks and the 45 for Crockett's Theme set out as a welcome. I played Crockett's Theme nearly immediately. Gotta say, I feel pretty damn lucky. I will post pics when I get back or sooner if I can figure-out how from this mysterious iPad I have in my hands.