Mercedes Advertisement and Miami Vice

bluepearl

Wanna show you two brand-new German advertising spots by Mercedes. You will know soon while watching WHY ;) !

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=usjAwOMstJM#!

Translation by the spoken words:Who wants to forget the everyday life – plays GOLF!But… WHAT does then a PROFESSIONAL golfer ?Only for a better understanding - you all will know *The Golf* is a brand mark for one of the cars by VW in Germany.Insofar the double meaning in this clip with a small hint :evil: to the competitor :p.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cdaiWf3PNO8

Translation by the spoken words:A few years ago we have created and built the first 4-door-coupé in world. Some were skeptical.But we believed in the idea.The success came and with it the first imitators.We… We saw that as compliments.Today we believe again in a great idea!!!!!!!!!then the end with the written words:THE NEW CLS SHOOTING BRAKE.TIME FOR A NEW FORMWe Germans all love these spots! HA ! No wonder!Would like to read your thoughts! :D :DAnd... I can’t and won't lose the hope to let become these spots as popular on world that even a very well-known lover of Mercedes ;) is standing there watching the clips :eek: and the reaction to it could be that he speaks the following words again to himself: *I HAVE A DREAM… let us do it again!* Don, remember the Nike spot and your promise there !

As far as I remember both spots are available in english' date=' too.[/quote']THEY ARE! Thanks for your help again, Caipi! :thumbsup:Have not known that. Sorry :o I have bothered you with the German clips and my :sick: translation ;).Here they are - IN ENGLISH !

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JVZsfRNT5w

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi6NaN5KMj8

I found out about this commercial very early in the morning and at the time it was only in German then found out it was in english.Wow,what a great commercial Mercedes did and the song everybody knows that one.BTW Love Mercedes.So very :cool:Thank You Bluepearl for sharing this gem with us

Very original.... :oPWith a bit more creativity...Don and Philip could be in that car...Well..i dont know if it´s only me...but "In the air tonight" gets much better with a Vice feeling than just the official clip by Phil Collins... And this is not the whole song, heh?

Obviously, I love the commercials! I also love Mercedes-Benz....who doesn't? Beautiful cars.Young people today may not understand the VICE reference, like us VICE veterans, but those that do remember, will never forget.Do most Germans understand the MIAMI VICE reference in this commercial?

Do most Germans understand the MIAMI VICE reference in this commercial?

Miami Vice was in Germany just as popular as in the USA.In this respect I am very sure that (in static terms) the reacting responses here with us are just the same as with you.Who carries MV tightly in his heart :happy: will recognize the similarities with the first view of the spot. :thumbsup:I could notice in all these years since then - if ever somewhere was played a song by Jan Hammer or just Phil Collins *In the Air Tonight*the eyes of the persons around me light up and at the foreheads of them showed up an imaginary lightning which told me: *Aaah ! Miami Vice!* :D:D:D:DClearly that will fit mostly to the generation which has lived with MV in the 80s. Totally normal.I also have no associations to songs or pics which my grandfather has loved or with which my kids are freaking out

It's not a Ferrari, but still a beautiful & cool :cool: automobile. I agree with Mr. Calderon....DJ & PMT SHOULD have been in that commercial! Bring back Miami Vice before it is too late!!!! :cry:

It's not a Ferrari' date=' but still a beautiful & cool :cool: automobile. I agree with Mr. Calderon....DJ & PMT SHOULD have been in that commercial! Bring back Miami Vice before it is too late!!!! :cry:[/quote']The German MV related thoughts are the same as yours – BUT... why Mercedes will have not asked Don and Phil for an appearance in this spot?This car is built for a young dynamic driver in the age near to 30 years - a young father with a growing family – sporty and powerful but also with plenty of room and comfort.We with our MV eyes – yeah :) we will see Don and Phil in this spot.But the generation for whom the car is built is too far away. Believe me – I could notice in the last days like young persons watched the spot and were thrilled by the scenes and music but no one of them discovered the similarities we recognize immediately.Don and Phil wouldn’t have brought what Mercedes wants to have.

Bah...what would be more "young" generation than NBA and Lebron James? When I said creativity...who would be creative enough to remember to pull an old fashioned Sonny Crockett to Nike´s? I know its too much to think about Don and Philip on it...but with the right brainstorm....who knows? I know this never would happen.By the way, i have my doubts that any young person (except the Viceheads, like us, and not always, me included, young) would understand the reference to Miami Vice on the ad... And yes... Phil Collins who? New singer on the block?A great tribute from a Vice fan, without doubt...

The German MV related thoughts are the same as yours – BUT... why Mercedes will have not asked Don and Phil for an appearance in this spot?This car is built for a young dynamic driver in the age near to 30 years - a young father with a growing family – sporty and powerful but also with plenty of room and comfort.We with our MV eyes – yeah :) we will see Don and Phil in this spot.But the generation for whom the car is built is too far away. Believe me – I could notice in the last days like young persons watched the spot and were thrilled by the scenes and music but no one of them discovered the similarities we recognize immediately.Don and Phil wouldn’t have brought what Mercedes wants to have.

Bah...what would be more "young" generation than NBA and Lebron James?

:thumbsup::clap:NO ONE ! IN THE USA !:D:D:DPlease, do not mix up conservative Germany with the USA.... ;) ;) ;)

My old man drives Mercedes-Benz cars.I have to like Mercedes now even more after the commercials.They're beautiful cars, yeah.They also did a new MacGyver miniseries for Mercedes-Benz this year.MIAMI VICE and MacGyver, both for Mercedes-Benz - HOW COOL IS THAT! :thumbsup:There are some user made Mercedes videos on YouTube with "Crockett's Theme" playing on the background.:p:cool:

When I hear the MV theme, You Belong to the City or In the Air Tonight, I get a big smile on my face and goose bumps just thinking of Miami Vice. I don't think anyone over 40 would know these are from the show and enjoy them like I do.

Great stuff - MV was very popular in Germany:D

Miami Vice was in Germany just as popular as in the USA.In this respect I am very sure that (in static terms) the reacting responses here with us are just the same as with you.Who carries MV tightly in his heart :happy: will recognize the similarities with the first view of the spot. :thumbsup:I could notice in all these years since then - if ever somewhere was played a song by Jan Hammer or just Phil Collins *In the Air Tonight*the eyes of the persons around me light up and at the foreheads of them showed up an imaginary lightning which told me: *Aaah ! Miami Vice!* :D:D:D:DClearly that will fit mostly to the generation which has lived with MV in the 80s. Totally normal.I also have no associations to songs or pics which my grandfather has loved or with which my kids are freaking out

I love Germans, and Germany! :clap::tasse: