Is Sleuth Dropping Miami Vice?

Frey

I noticed that Sleuth is airing a Da Vinci's Inquest Marathon on New Years day. Odd since on their website, The Prodigal Son (1&2) and Freefall (1&2) are supposed to air at the same time.I checked http://www.locatetv.com/tv/miami-vice and the only ep they have Sleuth showing is Death and the Lady at 5AM tomorrow. They usually have about 2 weeks worth of episodes listed. I guess I won't be watching Sleuth all that much anymore. SIGH. :thumbsdown:p.s. If you've never used http://www.locatetv.com before, just type in the name of a tv show,actor,movie,etc. and it will tell you if said show, actor, or movie will be on the air in the next two weeks and where to find it.

Apparently, they are.Could have something to do with the real Vicers have the DVDs already. I remember that I would enjoy watching S 3-5 before they were on DVD.

Sleuth adds and/or drops series' at the start of each new year, so if they're going to do it (and it increasingly looks like they are), then this is the time. MV actually had a really good run on the station, staying with it pretty much from the beginning. Not every series made it that long (The Rockford Files was dropped after it's first year, and The A-Team and Knight Rider are distant memories there).

Hopefully another channel will pick it up. (TV Land treated it like dirt. Amazing run on Sleuth and TNN though.)

Edited by agent 47
Space bars are your friend.

and The A-Team and Knight Rider are distant memories there).

Knight Rider is back on Sleuth. Either today or tomorrow, they're going to air Knight Rider in MV's afternoon (4PM) time slot.Also, they do have Season One episodes of MV on the Sleuth website (for now at least). I'll post a link later when I have time.

Knight Rider is back on Sleuth. Either today or tomorrow' date=' they're going to air Knight Rider in MV's afternoon (4PM) time slot.Also, they do have Season One episodes of MV on the Sleuth website (for now at least). I'll post a link later when I have time.[/quote']You know, after I posted that I thought I remembered something about it returning. I think I looked at the series' section on the website, and it wasn't listed, though.

Hopefully another channel will pick it up.(tvland treated it like dirt' date='amazing run on sleuth and tnn)[/quote']TV Land absolutely butchered the shows. During the short second run on the channel (weekdays at what, 4 PM? It lasted until mid-S2 before beng dropped for good, I believe), I noticed The Prodigal Son was chopped-up beyond belief! And I'm not one to remember every individual scene, so you know it was bad!TV Land is just a shadow of what it used to be. The original purpose of the channel (showing classic TV and commercials) is lonnnng gone. While it's a bit more watchable now than it was a year or so ago (M*A*S*H, Scrubs, 3rd Rock, all favorites of mine), back in it's heydey (1996-early-2000's), it was a really fun channel.But, that's all been beat to death. Let's all keep out fingers crossed that some smart station will put MV back on the air. Even though the DVDs are all readily available, there' s nothing quite like watching MV on a real station, the same time as (hopefully) millions of others are. At least, that's the way I feel about it.

Hopefully another channel will pick it up.(tvland treated it like dirt' date='amazing run on sleuth and tnn)[/quote']While it had an amazing run on Sleuth, they treated it like dirt the last year. They used to air it at 4PM and 10PM, but for most of the second half of this year, they've only been showing it at 4PM and 5AM. Instead, at 10PM, they'd air some stupid movie like "Undercover Brother" or "Throw Mamma From the Train." Hmmmm......What would I rather watch......Crockett and Tubbs kicking ass and taking names or..........Estelle Getty and Sly Stallone fighting crime? Tough call...:rolleyes:

TV Land absolutely butchered the shows. During the short second run on the channel (weekdays at what' date=' 4 PM? It lasted until mid-S2 before beng dropped for good, I believe), I noticed The Prodigal Son was chopped-up beyond belief! And I'm not one to remember every individual scene, so you know it was bad![/quote']4PM wasn't bad. It got bad when TV Land decided to place Vice at the 1-4 AM time slot. Like, who watches tv at 3 AM???? That's why Vice suffered. Plus, isn't Sleuth owned by NBC? So isn't Sleuth suppose to be where canceled (NBC) shows are aired, like Miami Vice into infinity?

Plus' date=' isn't Sleuth owned by NBC? So isn't Sleuth suppose to be where canceled (NBC) shows are aired, like Miami Vice into infinity?[/quote']Depends on who owns the rights to the show. They might be owned by the production company, not NBC.

I watch TV at 3AM (Bedtime:4AM,Wake up time:11:00am) but TV Land butchered the shows. The real reason I am steamed about it is because the DVD sets kinda suck. I mostly record favorite shows and Sleuth replaces it with...something else. Now the only way to view the show is glitchy dvds!

Edited by agent 47
Nothing wrong with DaVinci's inquest. Also removed the quote from the abusive TV Host.

it is definitely gone - and replaced with shows like MONK and JAG, which is beyond lame considering you can still see MONK on USA. I sent them an email - even if they don't care, I think we should let them know that it stinks that is completely OFF the schedule - not even a weekend air date.

4PM wasn't bad. It got bad when TV Land decided to place Vice at the 1-4 AM time slot. Like' date=' who watches tv at 3 AM???? That's why Vice suffered.[/quote']I never had a problem with the 4 PM time slot. While I would have preferred a 10 or 11 PM slot (or 12 AM at the very, very latest), 4 PM was still a relatively visible hour (problem was, a lot of people don't get off work until 5 PM!).I remember the late night showings, I believe that was right before they dropped it the first time (before bringing it back at 4 PM). I used to DVR those late nights showings, I still remember seeing Bad Timing for the first time that way.

it is definitely gone - and replaced with shows like MONK and JAG' date=' which is beyond lame considering you can still see MONK on USA. I sent them an email - even if they don't care, I think we should let them know that it stinks that is completely OFF the schedule - not even a weekend air date.[/quote']

I will start. Sleuth, if you are reading this,backstabbers,put the show back on. I will never watch your lousy dump of a channel until you d.You're called SLEUTH,not JAG! Quit this nonsense,you moved it from 7PM to 2AM to 4PM. I followed the show around but you have done it! I am boycotting your channel ,I am asking other Vice viewers to do the same. This is cruel, to make it worse was dropping it in the middle of season 3 then not showing the finale on New Years Eve,here something Sleuth will understand ... I'm a fanboy.

Edited by agent 47
Worth reading to learn the mental state of someone unhinged.

I will start' date='sleuth,if you are reading this,backstabbers,put the show back on,I will never watch your lousy dump of a channel until you do,your called SLEUTH,not JAG!Quit this nonsense,you moved it from 7PM to 2AM to 4PM,I followed the show around but you have done it!I am boycotting your channel,I am asking other Vice viewers to do the same,this is cruel,to make it worse was dropping it in the middle of season 3 then not showing the finale on new years eve,here omething Sleuth will understand,Sleuth,YOU ARE ALL PINHEADS!!!!!!![/quote']They didn't just drop MV. They also dropped Simon&Simon and Magnum, P.I. So now we get Cold Case, The Dead Zone, Da Vinci's Inquest, and Jag. CLICK! :thumbsdown:

They didn't just drop MV. They also dropped Simon&Simon and Magnum' date=' P.I. So now we get Cold Case, The Dead Zone, Da Vinci's Inquest, and Jag. CLICK! :thumbsdown:[/quote']

My day would be: Get up,watch Magnum P.I. at 11am, then watch Simon & Simon at12pm, at 4pm Miami Vice then Homicide,at 7pm. I would watch Robbery Homicide Division or Keen Eddie, depending on the day. Then sometimes if the Vice episode of the day was good, record the episode at 10pm.You know how I feel!!!!! 

Edited by agent 47
Marveling at my old posts. I'm laughing almost as hard as you probably are.

• Administrators

Don't feel too bad, at least you had it. I never had sleuth to begin with!Besides you can watch Vice on NBC.com anytime.

Depends on who owns the rights to the show. They might be owned by the production company' date=' not NBC.[/quote']Michael Mann Productions???

i am sort of bummed with us (myself included). If you go over to the Sleuth Boards, there is a whole campaign to get Magnum back - even one for Keen Eddie, who knew there were any fans of that show? But nothing on the VICE board, likely leading the Programmers that no one cares.The likelihood of them bringing back the series is small BUT they may do "marathons" if they think there is a desire amongst fans. I think we should post something over there. I am going to.http://boards.nbcuni.com/sleuth/index.php?showforum=8

If you have Dish Network, RBTI (a brazillian language channel) is airing episodes of MV starting monday. Channel #598 for those who want to watch MV in a foriegn language.

• 11 months later...

I think Sleuth should change the name of the channel. I don't watch the channel anymore, but I was browsing my guide on New Year's eve and they were showing one of the most bada$$ crime stories ever told..............................The Forty-Year Old Virgin! :radar:Last night I decided to check their programming again since it's the New year, and on Wednesday night, they're showing "American Wedding" (the final part of the "American Pie" trilogy). :thumbsdown: