Hostess junk food

cageyJG

Sorry I've never eaten a twinky in my life, the one I miss is lindt choclates full sized version of there answer to the kit kat bars with far better materials that was dropped in 08'man that was a good candybar, dropped because of low demand. What the hell.

:) Funny.I'm not concerned at all. HOSTESS has said they plan to sell off the popular brands they make to other companies, so the twinkies and ho ho's will be back, just under a different company name.No worries.

My only concern is nostalgia for Americana. I was in the dumps when we sold off Budweiser, having spent a good deal of time in Missouri. On the other hand, IF the brand is produced overseas, which is the hot topic right now, I tend to agree that the food would taste better. Like drinking a Coke in the U.K., other countries I've seen using real sugar or cane sugar have Coca-Cola to die for. It is THAT good. (Especially cherry out of the bottle.)Personally, I believe high fructose this and that is quite unhealthy. Also, the cries from the "it's a conspiracy to keep the corn mega-agri-monopolies" crowd are getting louder. Don't know too much about that point of view. Some people, probably for vastly different reasons, are probably cheering this on without thinking how they are indirectly affected. People, even within this country, are happy we're getting knocked down a notch. O_o I will never understand that perspective. Proud, but not arrogant is how we should be. Economics, political opportunists, malaise - all contribute to a world which is unsettling. Each generation has its own big cause or struggle, hope the turnaround is sooner rather than later. Can't beat the '80s for a feel-good generation. Peak and slope, we are in the trough.

I remember Brad Jones, the Cinema snob saying something about that cola deal where there is specific types of coke that can be bought here like they used to be made with the proper sugar and all that.hell he even found some start up company that was making a dead ringer for his beloved Pepsi Crystal.I forgot what episode of brad tries it was and I think I tried to find it here in MA with no success but he lives in the chicago version of springfield, not springfield MA.so you just have to look for it and order it.http://thecinemasnob.com/categories/263/brad-tries.aspxthink it was mexican coke or cola or somethingFYI brad jones is a huge Miami Vice fan too and a bond fan, so I've been following him for quite some time although I dont think he's ever found this place.probably die from looking at the scrapbook section if he did.

FYI brad jones is a huge Miami Vice fan too and a bond fan, so I've been following him for quite some time although I dont think he's ever found this place.probably die from looking at the scrapbook section if he did.

:) Maybe.....maybe! :)

• Administrators

I've been known to have an occassional twinkie or two. At the same time I don't eat enough of them to say that I would actually miss them. But then again I would miss them as a piece of American pop culture. They would however be a good investment because they have a shelf life of "forever". It's been said that if we had a nuclear war the only things to survive would be cockroaches and twinkies!Last I heard they may be produced by a company in Mexico so they're not dead yet! Stay tuned!

I avoid processed food and just about any kind of cake type product. As a result I'm really indifferent if everything they make disappears. I feel bad for the people losing their jobs though.

• Administrators

Today's newspaper stated that everyone involved is going back to the bargaining table to try and reconcile their differences. There may be hope to save the company yet. If nothing else, everyone hoarding twinkies should increase their profits!

They would however be a good investment because they have a shelf life of "forever". It's been said that if we had a nuclear war the only things to survive would be cockroaches and twinkies!
That is hilarious! Is that true??? Now I do remember somebody did an experiment with a McDonald's hamburger and put it behind museum glass' date=' it's been two years and still looks the same!Has anyone seen people stockpiling yet? Let's go to eBay... well lookie-loo! [url']http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOSTESS-TWINKIES-GOLDEN-SPONGE-CAKES-CREME-FILLING-SNACK-10-COUNT-1-BOX-DISCOUNT-/221156613775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337df61e8fRelated: has anyone seen Zombieland? (Woody Harrelson and the quest to find Twinkies after the zombie apocalypse)When I was a kid I would always dig out the hidden Hostess fruit pies from the back of the fridge. Guiltless eating was so great. Kids don't worry about calories. I still haven't seen any of those doggoned fruit pies in years!

P.S., I am guessing it is our very own master collector who so far is recorded as our only vote on buying some - but hey, a vote is a vote and it's not polite to ask what you voted for. :)

• Administrators
They would however be a good investment because they have a shelf life of "forever". It's been said that if we had a nuclear war the only things to survive would be cockroaches and twinkies!
That is hilarious! Is that true??? Now I do remember somebody did an experiment with a McDonald's hamburger and put it behind museum glass' date=' it's been two years and still looks the same![/quote']That's what I've always heard. There are so many preservatives in them that they'll last forever!

Of course I didn't know about these products but you know that when you mention junk food...... Pandina pops up!!!I thoroughly read about them online, in a word: awesome! :)Ding Dongs look yummy and Ho Hos have a funny name.I envy the junk food you Americans have.

Don't have much of a sweet tooth, in general, so Twinkies are not my thing. However, under the title of "Completely Random Information No One Should Bother to Remember (but I did)": when Twinkies were first created in the 1930's the filling was banana flavored! During WWII bananas were rationed so the filling was changed to artificial vanilla and was never switched back. Sad, but true that I know this considering I don't eat the things.

Twinkies would be good if they didnt skimp on the cream filling so much. Years ago they were much better! Now they suck.

Not only were they better long ago, but they were bigger as well. I remember having them as a kid.Hopefully whoever buys the business will put them back out again, along with their Ho Hos and Ding Dongs.

• Administrators

Everything is smaller than it used to be. Have you bought any cake from Entenman's lately? Just look at how thin they are. Even their 8 packs of donuts have shrunk. What makes me scratch my head is the boxes are still the same size, they don't even try to hide it! Then again, I guess it would cost them big time to resize the boxes too.

Everything is smaller than it used to be. Have you bought any cake from Entenman's lately? Just look at how thin they are. Even their 8 packs of donuts have shrunk. What makes me scratch my head is the boxes are still the same size' date=' they don't even try to hide it! Then again, I guess it would cost them big time to resize the boxes too.[/quote']Yeah I have seen that and I have seen other items downsized over the years in a cost-reduction effort. My guess is they leave the packaging to try and fool consumers that nothing has changed.I went into a Dairy Queen this summer to order my favorite..a medium banana mikshake and I first thought they made a mistake. Then the cashier told me this was their new sizing and they added whipped cream and a cherry on top as something new, but really was window dressing to get you to not notice they shrank the cup sizes big time. The new medium was about the same as the old small. Very deceptive, imo, and they justified increasing the price based on adding the whipped cream and cherry!!

I'm not really going to miss that stuff other than I grew up on it as any kid did in the 70's and early 80's.... One thing I can say, with this Hostess thing going on, Little Debbie and Dolly Madison got a huge Christmas gift early this year...

• Administrators
One thing I can say' date=' with this Hostess thing going on, Little Debbie and Dolly Madison got a huge Christmas gift early this year...[/quote']Saw a Tastykake truck doing deliveries today and I was thinking the same thing about them!

I'm not really going to miss that stuff other than I grew up on it as any kid did in the 70's and early 80's.... One thing I can say' date=' with this Hostess thing going on, Little Debbie and Dolly Madison got a huge Christmas gift early this year...[/quote']Actually, Dolly Madison is owned by Hostess. It's one of their brands, as is Nature's Pride, Wonder, & Drakes. :)