Tim Truman's music is best.. I think he should be start as from Season 1

Joey Hardin

Tim Truman's music is so perfect! I think he should be start as from Season 1 or Jan Hammer&Tim Truman should work with each other..And I wanna learn,Truman's musics wasn't released,was it?This is very perfect,take a listen that

I'd like to be long version and original track of Tim's Music..

Guest myonlyvice

Them is fightin' words, bwah! Seriously, I think his music suited season 5 well but MV would have been so much the poorer if it weren't for JH. He's just as integral as C&T, Ferraris, and pastels.

Them is fightin' words' date=' bwah! Seriously, I think his music suited season 5 well but MV would have been so much the poorer if it weren't for JH. He's just as integral as C&T, Ferraris, and pastels.[/quote']Definitely. I like Truman also but......Hammer rules! :evil:

• Administrators

Oh dude! Be very very grateful that we are all one big peaceful bunch of Vice fans! Sacriledge! :eek:

Them is fightin' words' date=' bwah! Seriously, I think his music suited season 5 well but MV would have been so much the poorer if it weren't for JH. He's just as integral as C&T, Ferraris, and pastels.[/quote']Yeah me too but I think they should ''Tim&Jan'' worked each other.. Then would very perfect.. much more than usual,so I'm true or wrong?

Guest myonlyvice
Yeah me too but I think they should ''Tim&Jan'' worked each other.. Then would very perfect.. much more than usual' date='so I'm true or wrong?[/quote']Personally, I wish JH would have stuck around for all five seasons. Regrettably, he already had one foot out the door by season four. Wasn't the guy's name Jon Petersen or something like that who wrote the music for the episodes in the middle of season 4? I've heard people say that his stuff was based on Hammer source material but I can't hear it. His style sounds gothic to me and not a good fit for Vice. Truman was better than Petersen but he's no JH.

JAN HAMMER is a music God to me.Everyone has their opinions. I respect that.For me, JAN HAMMER means everything. He is my hero, and one of my two musical Gods. The other is film composer JOHN WILLIAMS.

• Administrators

John Petersen did an excellent job of copying Jan's style. Unfortunately TT got the job because of a recommendation from Don Johnson.Don't get me wrong, I like Tim's music but after 4 years of Jan Hammer his stuff just didn't fit the show.

I think it fit vice and its distinct changes over the years, as Jan Hammer's peek was in S1, S2 with some new stuff for S3.but after creating all brand new music from scratch for a hugely popular series for 3 years he's understandably going to run out of steam and he did towards the end of S3. Actually I've been noticing that its been happening to the Techno Composer Jesper Kyd and Amon Tobin as well over the past 5 years as well.they just don't seem to be capabile of making fresh new stuff like this like they used to

although I guess you would call jesper kyd musical fusion reallySo Fresh blood in that respect is always a good thing, hell even John Williams seemed to copy his work with the superman and batman theme's I believe. Although I kind of wish that both the guy who did the fill in Jan Hammer stuff had had two years along with Tim to hone there musical styles.truth be told though I cant help but think of the early Lethal Weapon films when listening to the S5 stuff and the Crockett look for S5 seems to mimic Rigg's clothing style as well.

I love TT's music and feel it suited the mega-dark S5 perfectly.However, if JH hadn't been there in the early years, an integral part of the show would have never existed. JH's score is almost a character unto itself, and went a long way towards establishing MV as something more than "just another cop show".