Happy Birthday, Ivoryjones

Tony D.

• Administrators

A very Happy Birthday to my fellow Sagittarius! You've been a member here for a long time Dan! Thanks for being here and for being a good friend! Have a fantastic birthday! :thumbsup::clap::radio::balloon::gift::cake::cheers:

Thank you very much, friends! I have no example of longtime friendship that started on the internet like you, MV buddies!Since 2009, I've been through the tougher years of my life so far (am still dealing with it), including burnout syndrome (on teaching music and musicology), seeking another profession and starting over from scratch with money only for the absolute essential. I see some light at the end of the tunnel now, got renewed hopes, but confess I feel guilty for not being present here as usual. That's exactly what I did to family and to other friends. I'm sorry for this.It may seem exaggerated, but believe me it's not: it made a huge difference in tougher moments visiting here from time to time, sometimes after longer absences (when you're upside down you start doing less what you should do more, so I kind of fell into the trap of "you'll only have fun when things are back in track again, you looser").I was always astonished on how being here everyday or being here after months off didn't affect the friendship at all! Many times I was back here kind of shy and guilty, like "hope they still remember me", and it was incredible, it was like "what took you so long?!". Absolutely incredible!When I got in the MV community more than a decade ago, I used to "talk" to you and remember the episodes. Now I realize something different is going on, and for years already. Since now a long time, it's rather the contrary: I watch the episodes and remember the people here!Thank you!

Guest myonlyvice

Happy birthday, man. All the best to you on this day. By the way, you took your name from an episode I really love. I think it's maligned way too much. Crockett's line "I oughta know. I'm divorced and broke." is one of the best of the entire series. And I love that Bryan Ferry song. You chose well, pal.

Happy birthday' date=' man. All the best to you on this day. By the way, you took your name from an episode I really love. I think it's maligned way too much. Crockett's line "I oughta know. I'm divorced and broke." is one of the best of the entire series. And I love that Bryan Ferry song. You chose well, pal.[/quote']Thanks!You know, one thing that is to me quite a surprise on second season was how they could "coach" great musicians so they could act very well... I'm sure Miles Davis (Ivory) could have a solid acting career were not he (thankfully!) as much involved with music as he was. I also find Frank Zappa's (Fuentes on "Payback") cameo a superb one. Wish he came back on a sequel to Payback...

• 2 weeks later...