How to Ricardo Tubbs is hiding his shotgun on his wear?

Joey Hardin

I mean the Itheca Stakeout For example:The end of Prodigal Son scene and season 3 ''Viking Bikers From Hell''And anybody have the shotguncase pictures of Ricardo Tubbs ?Take a look at theseEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

it was a holster, a custom one of some sort I thinkEingefügtes Bildthis is from the soldier of fortune article here made in 86, it mostly focuses on the change of the leads handgun thoughthe rest is here if you want to read it:http://www.bren-ten.com/website/id5.htmlI really dont know though, how can it be that its held on like that yet theres nothing connected to it when he pulls it outas it looks like it may be some sort of lanyard strap attached to the butstock and thrown over his shoulder might be able to get a better shot of it in trust fund pirates when they go into the airplane graveyard and tubbs pulls his shotgun on the woman with the SMG after she points it at crockett.

Haha, I love the scene in "Bikers" when Tubbs pulls out his shotgun at the bar when Crockett is extracting information from the snitch. Tubbs' smirk is just priceless.

it was a holster' date=' a custom one of some sort I think[img']http://nordicg3k.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sf86_pg4.jpgthis is from the soldier of fortune article here made in 86, it mostly focuses on the change of the leads handgun thoughI use to have that soldier of fortune article, when I was a young lad.:DUnfortunately, 25 years and several moves later, It has been lost.:cry:Thanks for posting, Kavinsky, it brought back more excellent vice memories. And memories of my youth.:thumbsup:Reading and looking at these articels, makes you realise how cutting edge the show was and is. Nothing before or since has come close. I guess that's why we love it so much.:cheers:

http://nordicg3k.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sf86_pg4.jpgthis is from the soldier of fortune article here made in 86, it mostly focuses on the change of the leads handgun thoughI use to have that soldier of fortune article, when I was a young lad.:DUnfortunately, 25 years and several moves later, It has been lost.:cry:Thanks for posting, Kavinsky, it brought back more excellent vice memories. And memories of my youth.:thumbsup:Reading and looking at these articels, makes you realise how cutting edge the show was and is. Nothing before or since has come close. I guess that's why we love it so much.:cheers:

well that's the miracle and simultaneously the curse of the internet in a way, its easy to find things that were once lost and thus well the entry price may go up as a result of that when people learn just how rare something really was.trying to think how the holster would work though, maybe some sort of arm rig with maybe a magnet in the middletwo straps, each with the other part of the magnet on it to hold the gun inplace and then he just rips it apart when he wants to dislodge the gun?one strap attached to the buttstock plate and the other over his shoulder? or is it like the robocop holster for the machine pistol he carries?Hold on, its a sling attached to the gun, you can see it right hereEingefügtes Bildone infront of the guns magazine tube, the loop there and the other ontop of the gun just over the pistol grip, the military uses that for their guns as well and you can sort of see the sling in that photo with the pistol grip folded upEingefügtes Bildyou can just barely make out the sling but it does look to be there, slings on rifles are usually rigged up like that too, basically you put it over your shoulder, put your arm through the middle loop and use it to bring the gun into position easier than just free handing itbut that's for a shotgun or a rifle with a butstock, not a pistol grip though and where does it disappear to in the scene? is it one with a clip/ quick release thing (whatever its called I dont remember the term for those) like the second point one here, so we dont see it when he snaps it off?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=c48X34Kb6CM

also this was completely by accident but take a look at his name, another Miami Vice Fan? I dont know of too many other daytona roadsters out there.......

Good video find.I just found this picture. You would no far more than me, but is this the type of rig Tubbs was using?[ATTACH=CONFIG]7345[/ATTACH]This is the site link http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/tactical_shotgun_accessories.htmTubbs' obviously had some type of qick release system. Or maybe just practicing anything long enough you become faster and more efficient at it.Look forward to your reply.

post-1029-1389296516657_thumb.jpg

7345[/ATTACH]This is the site link http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/tactical_shotgun_accessories.htmTubbs' obviously had some type of qick release system. Or maybe just practicing anything long enough you become faster and more efficient at it.Look forward to your reply.

I dont really know, the sling maybe as its listed here further down the page:http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/tacstar.htmit does appear to be nylon like it looks like in the photo and it mentions velcro, could explain why it was never visually seen with the straps connected to the gun yet there doesnt seem to be any sort of cuts to cover up him not carrying it.which is what they did in the first dirty harry film reportedly, they'd only have him carrying around the gun when he was to use it, the model 29 .44 magnum is a 6 1/2 pound gun after all, unloaded, about double that of a full size 1911. however given Don's refusal to wear the holster that didnt fit him in S1 with the bren and knowing michale mann he might have had them carry it around all the time regardless of that on seton the other hand I noticed that Tubbs was using the same kind of galco holster that sonny did in two of the S3 episodes for the model 49 revolver, Irish Eyes and Stones war, it might not be that farfetched to think that maybe his rig for the shotgun was also rigged up by galco back in the day.with the rest of the shotgun riggings those are all relatively new things save for the pistol grips, even the slip on grips there are new.those are only something that has shown up in the past 10 to 15 years, not vices era.hell its not shown here but they even make 5 shot stripper clips for shotguns now, now that would be a far more efficient and less bulky system than having them on the side of the gun and sticking up in your face. and also that front sight is abit too big for a gun like that, guess they probably had to do that to clear the flashlight on the back.

• 2 weeks later...

I like how tubbs always whips out his shottie out of nowhere whenever he needs it, but you never see it under his jacket for the rest of the episode.