Were they friends?

sunnyburnett

If you look at the episodes, photos, etc from the first two seasons DJ and PMT were always hugging, joking, laughing, and looking like they were real friends. After season three there seemed to be a riff. You might get one arm around each other in a picture, but that seems it. I actually just watched a 'Today' show interview promoting the 100th episode. Bryant Gumble asked an interesting question about their relationship and it seemed like Don gave the PC answer. He said something like "we spend so much time together that we don't call each other when we're off". PMT only talked about their on-screen chemistry was from the beginning. Just wondering if anyone ever heard of anything..... I know he was on Nash Bridges but that could have been a ratings thing for DJ. DJ is soooo disconnected from Vice that you never hear anything. There needs to be a reunion. I am surprised that PMT hasn't showed up in a Tyler Perry (Tyler seems to reach back to older artists) movie or any movie by a director who loves Vice.

• 2 weeks later...

I once read somewhere that DJ always sends greetings cards to PMT still in recent years! About PMT on Nash Bridges, I hear you about the ratings, but I read more than once that the idea was mainly to help a friend... Don't know for sure.What I do know is that DJ and EJO didn't hit that well, at least on the beginning.

I'm sure i read somewhere(in this very site an old newspaper article) Don Johnsons agent told him not to appear in pics with pmt at one point.It was nothing personal but to project Don as the star and increase his worth.He nearly left after season 2 i think wasn't it?so what you are saying from season 3 would seem about right.Also maybe a vibe thing-in the early seasons they both would have been very enthusiastic and excited to pose for pics-this was the big break for both of them but it's been noted they had long hours and early starts,so even if DJ hadn't received those instructions i dont think there would be many hugs in photos in later years lol