What do you find real cool in Miami Vice?

Tony D.

• 4 months later...

I honestly love the way Sonny smokes his cigarettes, and how Tubbs is always there for Sonny, the friendship and brotherly bond between them makes the show for me, and I love how Crockett acts in situations, his hot temper is always amusing to watch  :)

Honestly besides the clothing it was the interior designs.  Especially how the designers iintegrated the bold colors and neon lighting. 

Too many things to mention. The pastel designer clothes, JAN HAMMER's music, the Daytona, The cast, the watches, interior design, Art Deco .....just too much to mention!

It changed my life.

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT
  • Like 2

MV represented the sum of many things I always loved (and still do).

So my answer to the question is of course "everything". But unlike many of you, it didn't change my life. It was rather a perfect match with everything I've been loving for so long: from cars to *that* fashion, from architecture to *that* kind of interior design and color, from the music I loved to the way every scene was designed, shot and cut to perfection. I liked the action, the amazing blend of characters' personalities, the plots, the lighting, and sure the water, my favorite element. Which - among other things -  means boat life, girls in bikini, sea, sun, sand etc.

For the first time in my life, all the things I always loved were also "in vogue" and part of contemporary world. I was actually "crying out" for it to come.

As i mentioned in my first post, I used to wear wayfarers and tees under blazers way before the show was on air. I used to have long blonde hair and drive a convertible. I always owned a convertible, even when I could only afford a cheap, battered, fourth-hand one. Speaking about art and architecture, I loved all the vanguards of the early century, like rationalism, bauhaus, modernism and deco, cubism etc. I loved the sun, the palms and the sea to the point I was a metereopathic kinda guy, able to change from happiness to depression at the mere passing of a cloud LOL! (Btw, I'm no longer like that ;-)

So, instead of changing me, MV was rather the perfect match with myself.

Do you think I should I call Mann and ask for some royalties?! ;-)

Edited by Jerry Beck