End of the road

michealscott7

Eingefügtes BildThe end, was totally gutted at 16 yrs of age that my fav prog of all time was coming to an end.Whats everybodys thoughts when it originally ended, and its great that this forum is bringing fans from allover the world together

I dont know why but when I first saw it I thought he said stolen ferrari and not stolen car, like he was going to keep it for himself.and I was yeah you earned it, keep it man!and I gotta admit I did tear up at the montage at the end, I dont know I just dont think it really ever ended actually with all of us here keeping it alive in some way or another.it aint over till we say its over.

Like all good things it ended ...but it ended well and the episode was very well done.I enjoyed the ending the way it was depicted and especially the part where it finalised with the phrase" Have you thought about a career in southern law enforcement" which is the closing of the pilot episode.It was sad that it was all over, but I had enjoyment following the characters development, and it was a great journey.I agree that the statement "stolen car" means he is taking the car as retirement pay or something else and I agree he deserves it. Personally I would have takent the sailboat and headed to the Keys to retire but I guess it was shot up ppretty bad from the previous episode?????????the car was a better choice...

As a true Miami Vice fan, I also shed tears at the final scene. :cry:It was impossible not to. I'm still waiting for a continuation movie.

yeah i loved the phrase " can i give you lift in my stolen car" and the montage at the end showed how they changed over the course of the series.still think crocketts reaction to the Daytona being blown up is a classic

Part 2, the final part of "Freefall" is airing tonight here in Finland, once again.Man, the final scene and the montage at the end always gets me.No other tv show has ever done that and none ever will.:cool:

Guest MetroVice

My Two Cents . . .I'm also one of those guys that couldn't believe it was over, and I fervently watched the part where Tubbs gets out of the cab to meet Sonny for the last time. When the montage starts and "Tell Me" begins to play it really choked me up because this was truly the END of a series I thought should have continued on for another two or three seasons (at least).I know Vice had some dud episodes but it seemed to me all they needed was some fresh material and it could have easily continued on another season, two or three, but the powers to-be decided this was it and that was that . . . the greatest show ever was history :cry:Even Philip Michael Thomas stated that he felt the series could have continued on another several seasons. He was one of those dedicated actors who was always happy to have just been a part of such a iconic television show. PMT never seemed to have issues with the show over salary or working conditions like *some* allegedly did. He was always grateful to have had such a steady gig for the five years Vice was in production.I personally have always wished they would have re-visited Vice in some form or another. They seemed to do it with practically every other show of any popularity but unfortunately they never did with Miami Vice. The movie, although popular with some, didn't do anything for me but I kinda hoped it might spur some interest in bringing the cast back together again for a possible spin-off or continuation of the original. Obviously that didn't happen either so I guess we're simply destined to enjoy all that was Vice right here because I think that's all we're ever gonna get.I just wish Crockett & Tubbs hadn't gotten fed up and quit though. Personally I would have liked to seen them taken promotions or something similar. I also felt when they were saying their goodbye's at Crockett's "stolen car" their friendship would have warranted more than a simple handshake.Just my take . . . :glossy:

I still find it hard to watch the last ep. It represents the end of so much for me. When it first aired, I was in college and my friend, another HUGE Vice fan who I'm still friends with, had a small viewing party in his little shack. We got hammered and watched the episode as it aired. I was sad at the end then, as I am sad when I see it now.

I think part of the reason it never had a comeback episode or special is that Michael Mann was doin movies, and that he never found the right formula to do.the special. But that's just my opinion on it.Really would have liked to see them ten years on to see what might of happened, if Sonny truely got over Catlin's murder or his subsequent issues after being "Burnett" or if switek ever managed to beat his gambling addiction and get his promotion.I.also think that Castillo would have in some way got his own back with the Agency for sonny and Rico quitting.

• 4 months later...

Well I was 19 and in college at the time. Miami Vice was huge on campus at that time, there was a real resurgence at that time when USA Network picked it up and played it twice a day. It kind of freshened the whole series for us at that time. I had never wavered in my dedication to the show from beginning to end, but others seemed to have rediscovered it or were seeing it for the first time. I knew all season that this would be the last season, but I also felt the slow burnout of the series which was stretching to try to stay fresh. So I although it was the end, it didn't feel like the end with 2 episodes running Monday thru Thursday and 3 episodes on Fridays. Plus we still had 3 episodes that summer and "Too Much, Too Late" in 1990. I just accepted the end of the series and proceeded to be immersed in it for several years on USA reruns.