Die Hard 5

cageyJG

Yesterday I had to go see Bruce Willis a.k.a. Tony Amato from Miami Vice - No Exit suit up one more time a John McClane. I had a free coupon for movie/pizza so there you go. Verdict: 6.5/10 Almost a 7. Trying to help you out if you're on the fence. Stunts were all thrilling, especially the car chases. I went because I'm loyal to the franchise. I saw a rant today about plausibility of some of the settings 1/2way through... not sure.

Most of the new action movies are way over the top, in believability......James Bond, Expendables etc. The things the latest Bond encounters would leave Sean Connery limping & panting at the very least. I rather see more realistic fights and chases.I'll rent Die Hard 5 because I've seen all the others. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

I'd say that's a good call, Tony. '5' is definitely better than '4' at any rate. '3' with Samuel L. Jackson was o.k., but neither of those two were memorable to me. (Some kind of hacker thing in 4, and someone wanting revenge on John M. in 3?? Had to rewatch the trailers and still don't remember them well.)The original and '2' were both pretty great, though!

Yesterday I had to go see Bruce Willis a.k.a. Tony Amato from Miami Vice - No Exit suit up one more time a John McClane. I had a free coupon for movie/pizza so there you go. Verdict: 6.5/10 Almost a 7. Trying to help you out if you're on the fence. Stunts were all thrilling' date=' especially the car chases. I went because I'm loyal to the franchise. I saw a rant today about plausibility of some of the settings 1/2way through... not sure.[/quote']I can't wait to see it as I'm a huge fan of Bruce Willis and of the Die Hard movies. Only one I wasn't keen on was DH2 ... and as for plausibility: remember in DH4 when BW brings down a 'copter with a car :) Like the Bond movies, they are great escapism for ladies as well as for the men

• Administrators

I like Willis but I thought the franchise jumped the shark with number 3. Didn't see #4, won't be seeing #5That's the problem with hollywood, they don't know when to call it quits.

the first two parts are my favorite and I totally agree with Ferrariman after the 3 movie the whole different turn in the story lost as may I say the "soul" of the first ones.but still after seeing all 4 parts what the heck lets see one more:)

I like Willis but I thought the franchise jumped the shark with number 3. Didn't see #4' date=' won't be seeing #5That's the problem with hollywood, they don't know when to call it quits.[/quote']Valid point Lou :D

• Administrators

Willis, in my opinion is still marketable in hollywood. He still has what it takes. Lately I've noticed that all of the, for argument's sake let's call them has beens, Arnold, Stallone, are trying for a comeback and none of their latest movies have that "gotta see it" look to them. They should've quit with "The Expendables" which couldn't have been given a better title.

personally the two I remember are the first and the third one, cant for the life of me really remember too much about the second one. I remember something about a snowed in airport, the guy from NYPD blue being a hard ass, tactical guys on snowmobiles and a leaking 747 aircraft that gets blown up with a gold lighter. and with the fourth one well all you have to say is bruce is playing chicken with an F35 VTOL Raptor, and a guy with a weird name is playing a not very menacing bad guy, the same guy who played 47 in a bad videogame movie and you know what your getting into. All the more absurd considering there still trying to work out the bugs with it 4 years latter according to the air force magazine I get when it comes to the F22 and F35. one of which was in prototype status when vice was still on the air, 125 million and they still cant fix the low cockpit pressure problem with it.so the first and third are my favorites as they seem to be abit more grounded in reality and I got almost as much a rush from the third from the first and the first is the ultimate Christmas movie for those sick to death of the standard good will ho hum fair lol, basically as long as he's got his leathal weapon sidearm you know its going to be a good movie.and I really wish they'd bring that thing back already, PX4 storm, Sig Sauer? it aint the blued 92F, the John Woo special. its like bond switching from the PPK to the P99, you just want to see the old one back in action because of how iconic it is.I mean its basically just as Iconic as the daytona and the TR at this point really.

Willis' date=' in my opinion is still marketable in hollywood. He still has what it takes. Lately I've noticed that all of the, for argument's sake let's call them has beens, Arnold, Stallone, are trying for a comeback and none of their latest movies have that "gotta see it" look to them. They should've quit with "The Expendables" which couldn't have been given a better title.[/quote']I totally agree, Lou. I saw an interview with BW last week on British TV & he was pleasant to the interviewer and - most importantly - his face still moves due to the lack of botox! He can show emotion (gasp, horror!) whereas when I've seen Arnie or Sly, I spend more time staring at their motionless expressions. My fave BW film in recent years has to be RED - loads of action mixed with wisecracks.