Tony Amatos house on This Old House

Matty D

Many years ago I was watching This Old House with Bob Vila and Norm Abrams...They were featuring a re-model job in Miami, and toured some special houses in the area. They got to tour the same house used in NO EXIT...Tony Amato's house. I remember the front of the house had round windows in the front...I thought that was very cool.Anyone see that This Old House Episode? It would be great to track it down and give the info to miamiviceonline members so we can 'tour' the NO EXIT house in all its splendor. RITA!!!!!!

• Like 1

Many years ago I was watching This Old House with Bob Vila and Norm Abrams...They were featuring a re-model job in Miami' date=' and toured some special houses in the area. They got to tour the same house used in NO EXIT...Tony Amato's house. I remember the front of the house had round windows in the front...I thought that was very cool.Anyone see that This Old House Episode? It would be great to track it down and give the info to miamiviceonline members so we can 'tour' the NO EXIT house in all its splendor. RITA!!!!!![/quote']Sounds wonderful - if we can track episode down :D

I think I tracked down the This Old House NO EXIT house episode;Hey Guys, I think I tracked down which episode it was: This Old House Season 7, episode 25. It aired in 1986-1987.From my 'detectivework', the Architectural firm that designed the house is Arquetectonica. Check out their website for some awesome Vice-looking buildings. Here is their link for the Pink House:http://arquitectonica.com/blog/portfolio/residential/the-pink-house/I remember that glass circle in front of the house...it actually looks into the pool!Now all we have to do is track down the This Old House episode so see if we can view it on-line.Check out the episode description!Season 7, Episode 25Aired:The Tampa House - 3Our host, a Miami native, visits his hometown to admire the award-winning, trend-setting work of Laurinda Spear and Bernardo Fort-Brescia of Arquitectonica. In Tampa, our host and Bob Diaz review construction of Paul and Amelia's home, with special attenthttp://www.sidereel.com/This_Old_House/season-7/episode-25

• Like 1

I remember seeing that This Old House episode when it originally aired. The show was doing a remodel in Florida. At the time I didn't connect it with Miami Vice, but I remember thinking it was so unique and modern. Laurinda Spear, the architect and a co-founder of Arquitectonica, designed it for her parents in the late 70's and its color was quite controversial with the neighbors at the time so more trees were added as a screen from the street. Vila would work with Spear again on his show Home Again where she designed a kitchen addition for a home in Miami that was very unique.http://www.bobvila.com/sections/kitchen/projects/22-kitchen-remodel/episodes/261-project-introduced/videos/1127985659001-review-of-the-project-planThe firm Arquitectonica also designed the Atlantis Condominiums with the "hole" in the middle that was immortalized in the opening of Miami Vice. In another episode of Home Again Bob Vila tours a condo in the Atlantis building that has access via the red staircase to the "hole" with its palm tree and hot tub. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that episode. By the way, Vila not only grew up in Miami but has done several projects there.

• Like 1

http://www.bobvila.com/sections/kitchen/projects/22-kitchen-remodel/episodes/261-project-introduced/videos/1127985659001-review-of-the-project-planThe firm Arquitectonica also designed the Atlantis Condominiums with the "hole" in the middle that was immortalized in the opening of Miami Vice. In another episode of Home Again Bob Vila tours a condo in the Atlantis building that has access via the red staircase to the "hole" with its palm tree and hot tub. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find that episode. By the way, Vila not only grew up in Miami but has done several projects there.

Thanks, Bob Vila's tour of Miami video is well done and covers many important points and locations.

Thanks' date=' Bob Vila's tour of Miami video is well done and covers many important points and locations.[/quote']Vila did another remodel a few years later in a Miami Beach highrise by Morris Lapidus the designer of the Fountainebleau. That series visits the Lincoln Road Mall (redesigned by Lapidus) and has another tour of Miami.