Very Rare Miami Vice Season One Alternate Opening Titles!

mvnyc

From my personal collection, here is a clean copy of the alternate version of the "Miami Vice" opening titles with the bikini girls wearing different bikinis and the Miami Vice cast jackets. It aired only once on the initial NBC airing of season one's "Made For Each Other."SEE POST #5 further down this thread!

I will upload this elsewhere' date=' apparently it has been blocked by Youtube.[/quote']Classic Youtube. Thank you for posting, though. After your latest "this week in..." thead, I was thinking of the "Made For Each Other" opening. I have a copy on VHS, but it's pretty well buried right now, so I'm glad you have an easily accessible copy.I can understand why the opening was only used once and then never seen again. It's sort of an uncomfortable, practically breaking-the-4th-wall moment, one that doesn't set well with the rest of the series. Still, it's an interesting part of MV's history, and while I can understand it being cut from syndicated episodes, you'd think it would have been at least on the DVD version of the ep.

Classic Youtube. Thank you for posting' date=' though. After your latest "this week in..." thead, I was thinking of the "Made For Each Other" opening. I have a copy on VHS, but it's pretty well buried right now, so I'm glad you have an easily accessible copy.I can understand why the opening was only used once and then never seen again. It's sort of an uncomfortable, practically breaking-the-4th-wall moment, one that doesn't set well with the rest of the series. Still, it's an interesting part of MV's history, and while I can understand it being cut from syndicated episodes, you'd think it would have been at least on the DVD version of the ep.[/quote']I know, to me, it looks like someone grabbed the wrong open and used it instead of the regular season one open. I'll try to find another outlet to upload it.

Let's try this:

https-~~-//vimeo.com/60894726

that was very cool to watch:clap:unseen Vice intro...I never thought such thing exists:thumbsup:

that was very cool to watch:clap:unseen Vice intro...I never thought such thing exists:thumbsup:

Thanks, Victor...it only aired that one time, so yes, it is very rare...

Thanks mvnyc......very interesting! The MV jackets do look odd and make it look like a movie set instead of action around Miami.

Thanks mvnyc......very interesting! The MV jackets do look odd and make it look like a movie set instead of action around Miami.

I know, I wonder what they were thinking (other than free publiciy) wearing those jackets...

Let's try this:

This is great stuff. Have never seen this before or at least I did not recall it. You videotaped it when it was first run, I assume?

This is great stuff. Have never seen this before or at least I did not recall it. You videotaped it when it was first run' date=' I assume?[/quote']Hi Sonny-Burnett, yes, this is from the original broadcast. The "bikini girls" appear as though they are exiting a different hotel than the ones in the regular opening sequence, how funny is that!

I remember that from the original airing where it made me do a double take. Very cool. Had not seen that in a while as there are not allot of copies out there. Very nice, thank you for posting it.

I remember that from the original airing where it made me do a double take. Very cool. Had not seen that in a while as there are not allot of copies out there. Very nice' date=' thank you for posting it.[/quote']Thanks, C Glide. That's the main reason I posted it.

Really neat mvnyc. I also appreciate the info about Vimeo. I need another web hosting service that doesn't have so many Youtube type rules.

Really neat mvnyc. I also appreciate the info about Vimeo. I need another web hosting service that doesn't have so many Youtube type rules.

Thanks Miamijimf, Vimeo is a decent hosting site, very user friendly.

Crew jackets!!!YES! I've waited a LOOONG time to see this opening! Thank you so much!I own the crew jacket that was owned by the stunt coordinator guy, Paul Nuckles.He worked on the show from 1984 to 1988, in 89 episodes overall. First episode being the "Heart of Darkness" and last one was "Heart of Night".[ATTACH=CONFIG]7643[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7644[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7645[/ATTACH]Mady by "The Cloth Tattoo", as being recognized for making the original crew jackets.These jackets were made for the crew only (each jacket was different and no jacket was exactly alike) and not for sale....I know that Coopster had already told all that, but just wanted to share the info, YET AGAIN. :) I'm not that sure, that if the jackets worn by the two bikini girls were the original ones or replicas made for public sale.Who knows.mcnyc, are you going to try to post it in Youtube again?:cool:

post-10428-13892965349941_thumb.jpg

post-10428-13892965350239_thumb.jpg

post-10428-13892965350523_thumb.jpg

Why they changed after? I'm very wonder.. The girls absoulty same girls with seen in pilot

I would guess because it seems pretty out of place. It's pretty much a self-referential "yeah, we're a hip show", wink-wink moment. Like I said before, it's too close to breaking the 4th wall, which wasn't MV's style at all. It's a neat MV obscurity, but I'm glad they went back to the regular scene.

it's too close to breaking the 4th wall' date=' which wasn't MV's style at all. .[/quote']Ala Thomas Magnum staring directly at the audience in some of his episodes.

Ala Thomas Magnum staring directly at the audience in some of his episodes.

That's exactly what I had in mind when I wrote that. Magnum could get away with that sort of thing, it was one of those quirks that made the show so special (IMO). But while it worked for Magnum, MV had it's own style that just wouldn't comfortably allow that sort of thing.