Anyone from the U.S. going to Paris "French Twist" reunion?

CharlieGlide

I'm seriously contemplating hopping on a A380 in April for the French Twist Vice convention. Is anyone here planning to go?I know it's alot of money to travel and lodge that far from home, but it sure looks like it would be worth it.

These reunions are definitely worth going to especially with the stars attending.I wish I could go but can't afford the $ expense or the time involved. :cry:

I would say any chance taken to cross the pond and visit France or Europe is a win. Vice is just a bonus. BTW, I just saw a few clips of Gettysburg (1993) with Larry Zito. (The scenes with the Maine soldiers joining a different company.) I need to see the rest. Great chance to ask him about his experiences filming it! Hint, hint.

If I saved enough money for my wife & I to go to Paris, it would be foolish to spend all the money on air fare and not see all the sites. Also a little trip to Rome would have to be included. ;)I'm waiting for the Miami Vice Convention to be held in its rightful setting....MIAMI!P.S. I'm not saying this to knock the Committee who worked hard to organize the French Twist Conventions. They have accomplished a lot! :clap: :clap:

1. I believe our European friends enjoy lording this event over us, so I choose not to acknowledge it and dislike having to hear about it.2. The organizers obviously have deep pockets or a wealthy benefactor, yet they refuse to tell us how it is funded and in fact try to imply that the actors are just showing up because it's so friggin' awesome. Trust me, they are getting appearance fees and paid travel/accommodations.3. This makes as much sense as having a "Dallas" convention in Naples, Italy.I realize I'm in the minority here and can't stop anyone from discussing this event. But I'm not going to shy away from expressing my own feelings, either. I come by my reputation as a crankbomb quite naturally.

1. I believe our European friends enjoy lording this event over us' date=' so I choose not to acknowledge it and dislike having to hear about it.2. The organizers obviously have deep pockets or a wealthy benefactor, yet they refuse to tell us how it is funded and in fact try to imply that the actors are just showing up because it's so friggin' awesome. Trust me, they are getting appearance fees and paid travel/accommodations.3. This makes as much sense as having a "Dallas" convention in Naples, Italy.I realize I'm in the minority here and can't stop anyone from discussing this event. But I'm not going to shy away from expressing my own feelings, either. I come by my reputation as a crankbomb quite naturally.[/quote']Thanks for info :D

Sure a MV convention in Paris is strange but at least it's a convention somewhere. It's better than no convention at all anywhere. The stars know their work on Vice is still appreciated and it is more publicity for the great TV show. Of course the stars are compensated for their attendance. There are quite a few European fans, which is cool. Also it is nice to see current photos of the guys and hear their comments etc. I know people who are going to the convention and they really enjoy it.

It would be cool to go, but time and expense are not on my side. I'm moving later this year to attend a larger university and will need whatever cash I can scrounge up to be able to deal with whatever headaches that will likely entail.

Sure a MV convention in Paris is strange but at least it's a convention somewhere. It's better than no convention at all anywhere. The stars know their work on Vice is still appreciated and it is more publicity for the great TV show. Of course the stars are compensated for their attendance. There are quite a few European fans' date=' which is cool. Also it is nice to see current photos of the guys and hear their comments etc. I know people who are going to the convention and they really enjoy it.[/quote']Agreed...It is nice to see such an appreciation in Europe for an American television show. I don't think we'll see such a convention here, I think that time has come and gone. I do think we will see a "where are they now" reunion-type show. NBC has deep pockets and if it's going to happen here, they would be able to get everyone together. With the 30th Anniversary coming up next year, that would be the best opportunity to do it (IMO), on say "The Today Show."

Quote MVNYC : "With the 30th Anniversary coming up next year, that would be the best opportunity to do it (IMO), on say "The Today Show." .____________________________________________________________________________________ A 30th Ann. Convention would be good to have at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.We tried to have the 25th at the Alexander, or the Deauville Beach Resort in Miami, but not many members here were able to go or afford to go......so we dropped it.Maybe next year? ........Maybe, mayyyyyybe!! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Fortunately every thread has its significant headline - so nobody is forced to peep in and read what he doesn't like to read. :done:

Yooo" data-date=" agreed! This was the first idea when thinking about putting together a convention: To pay homage to our "heroes", to meet other addicted fans, to hear stories from "our" show, to talk to the guests. I don">

BTW, I just saw a few clips of Gettysburg (1993) with Larry Zito. (The scenes with the Maine soldiers joining a different company.) I need to see the rest. Great chance to ask him about his experiences filming it! Hint, hint.

Officially listed! :thumbsup:

• Administrators
I know it's alot of money to travel and lodge that far from home' date=' but it sure looks like it would be worth it.[/quote']Maybe I can help you to spare time/money with some practical advice.1. Flight: Best Airport choice is Charles De Gaulle. It's about 45 kilometers away from The RadissonBlu, same as Airport Orly is, BUT from CDG you can take the fast train TGV to Marne-La-Vallée which is the neighbouring place to The Radisson. You will reach Marne-La-Vallée within only 10 minutes (price about 30€ = 40$ each direction). Taxis or busses need about 30-90 minutes depending on traffic.[ATTACH=CONFIG]7659[/ATTACH]2. Lodging: The RadissonBlu is a very good hotel, but belongs to the upper price segment. You pay for the room, it doesn't matter whether there are one or two persons. About 180€ (235$ breakfast excluded) per night.I found out IBIS is the hotel with the best price/performance ratio. It's located near the TVG station Marne-La-Vallee and very close to a RER train station. I got my room for about 69€ = 90$, but this was early bird. Now the rate is about 103$, breakfast excluded. The IBIS is only about 3 km away from RadissonBlu. Some other fans will lodge here, so we'll be able to share a taxi to the Radisson.There are some more cheaper hotels and hostels in the surrounding area. You can find them out via booking.com or similar pages. Search for lodgings in or around "Marne-La-Vallée" or "Magny Le Hongre" (place of Radisson). Both villages are located near the Eurodisney Paris.For me FTR was definitely worth it. That's the reason why I go there a second time. :cool:

post-92-1389296535627_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
BTW' date=' I just saw a few clips of Gettysburg (1993) with Larry Zito. (The scenes with the Maine soldiers joining a different company.) I need to see the rest. Great chance to ask him about his experiences filming it! Hint, hint.[/quote']I've got the answer to your question from John. I will post it here respectively in a new thread as soon as possible. But it will take some time, since I'm quite busy now. Please hold the line!;)

I've got the answer to your question from John. I will post it here respectively in a new thread as soon as possible. But it will take some time' date=' since I'm quite busy now. Please hold the line!;)[/quote']Look forward to it:D

Sure a MV convention in Paris is strange but at least it's a convention somewhere. It's better than no convention at all anywhere. The stars know their work on Vice is still appreciated and it is more publicity for the great TV show. Of course the stars are compensated for their attendance. There are quite a few European fans' date=' which is cool. Also it is nice to see current photos of the guys and hear their comments etc. I know people who are going to the convention and they really enjoy it.[/quote']I totally agree with you, miamijimf....but isn't it a crying shame Universal Studios won't organize a 30th Anniversary Celebration( Convention ) for a series that brought fame to the company and much tourism & people moving to Miami & Florida in general! Miami Vice is responsible for all this popularity.It could be held at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fl. , if not in Miami with all the actors in attendance.

I totally agree with you' date=' miamijimf....but isn't it a crying shame Universal Studios won't organize a 30th Anniversary Celebration( Convention ) for a series that brought fame to the company and much tourism & people moving to Miami & Florida in general! Miami Vice is responsible for all this popularity.It could be held at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fl. , if not in Miami with all the actors in attendance.[/quote']Crazy , I agree Jim.:D

I do applaud :clap: Ell.a & Alex for succeeding in getting the actors to be a part of the MV Conventions in Paris, but I still believe Miami is the proper setting for an 'official' Miami vice Convention. It should, at least be held in the United States, preferably in Miami, FL. or at Universal Studios, Orlando, Fl. This is a no - brainer. Miami Vice changed clothing styles, hair styles, music, tv acting etc. in the U.S. Miami Vice deserves the honors! :thumbsup:

I do applaud :clap: Ell.a & Alex for succeeding in getting the actors to be a part of the MV Conventions in Paris' date=' but I still believe Miami is the proper setting for an 'official' Miami vice Convention. It should, at least be held in the United States, preferably in Miami, FL. or at Universal Studios, Orlando, Fl. This is a no - brainer. Miami Vice changed clothing styles, hair styles, music, tv acting etc. in the U.S. Miami Vice deserves the honors! :thumbsup:[/quote']You are absolutely right Tony.