Bought my tickets today!

maynard

EVANSVILLE — REO Speedwagon, Styx and Ted Nugent are teaming up for another round of the Midwest Rock ‘N’ Roll Express tour, which will make a stop at the Ford Center on May 15.Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. and will cost $36.50, $46.50 and $56.50, plus fees.Founded in Champaign, Ill., with Evansville native Neal Doughty on keyboards, REO Speedwagon have been Tri-State favorites for decades. The band's string of hits and FM radio staples such as "Can't Fight This Feeling," "Take It On The Run," "Don't Let Him Go" and "Time For Me to Fly" helped define the arena rock genre. It's classic 1980 album "Hi Infidelity" was reissued in deluxe format in 2011.Chicago-based arena rockers Styx are also longtime favorites among Tri-State classic rock fans. The band still tours and records with original guitarist James Young and longtime guitarist Tommy Shaw, who was onboard for all of the band's biggest hit albums of the 1970s and 1980s. The band last performed in Evansville in 2010 when it played its classic "Grand Illusion" and "Pieces of Eight" albums back-to-back at The Centre.Michigan native Ted Nugent is another performer who is no stranger to Evansville. The guitarist's songs remain staples of album rock radio, although Nugent is now known as much for his outspoken conservative political stances as his gonzo guitar playing.© 2013 Evansville Courier & Press. All rights reserved. This material may not b

I've seen REO a couple times and they were terrific both occasions. They put on a good show. I wish Gary Ritchrath were still in the band. He's an exceptional guitarist.And Uncle Ted, I hear, is a hoot live.