24 returns!

agent 47

24 returnsIs this on the level? No Jack Bauer! No Keifer Sutherland! Wow. That's sad. How is that going to fly? In my mind, that's like replacing Don Johnson with another actor in Miami Vice. If Jack leaves, that will be it for me.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sredd

• Frey

• agent 47

• Ferrariman

• Administrators

When season 7 was set to debut I said to myself "do I want to commit to another season of this?" Once I started watching I was once again hooked! Season 7 was one of the best so far in my opinion and I have high hopes that Kim Bauer's stem cells save Jack for another day! If Jack is gone then I too may call it quits!

Kiefer is back (look at my post about the head butt). And the post about Freddie Prinze, Jr. didn't say Jack was being replaced, he'll just have another sidekick.

Guest neworder

None other than Leon Jefferson from the Pilot and Sylvio Romulus from Tale Of The Goat is going to in charge of CTU in New York in 24 Season 8.

• 2 weeks later...
JAN 17 DEBUTWith filming of the eighth-worst day of Jack Bauer’s life now underway, look for the new season of 24 to kick off on January 17. Though the new season will feature a move to New York City and at least nine new characters, 24 will retain the services of key cast members Kiefer Sutherland, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Annie Wersching and Cherry Jones.FREDDIE PRINZE, JR., JOINS 24 Freddie Prinze Jr., joins the cast of 24 for its eighth season as top CTU field operative Davis Cole – a former Marine who wants to follow in Jack Bauer's footsteps, according to The Hollywood Reporter. And if he survives the day, some speculate that Prinze may be in line to eventually replace Kiefer Sutherland if the actor does not return after the eighth season.

Guest neworder
JAN 17 DEBUTWith filming of the eighth-worst day of Jack Bauer’s life now underway" data-date=" look for the new season of 24 to kick off on January 17. Though the new season will feature a move to New York City and at least nine new characters, 24 will retain the services of key cast members Kiefer Sutherland, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Annie Wersching and Cherry Jones.[B">

FREDDIE PRINZE, JR., JOINS 24 Freddie Prinze Jr., joins the cast of 24 for its eighth season as top CTU field operative Davis Cole – a former Marine who wants to follow in Jack Bauer's footsteps, according to The Hollywood Reporter. And if he survives the day, some speculate that Prinze may be in line to eventually replace Kiefer Sutherland if the actor does not return after the eighth season.

24 isn't 24 without Kiefer Sutherland, I sincerely hope they don't continue it when Kiefer decides to leave, I'd rather they just finished the show.

• 1 month later...
Guest neworder

What is everyone's favourite season of 24; here goes my list.1. Season 5 24 perfection, fab blend of action, tension, brilliant story arcs and the best bunch of villains of any 24 season, President Logan was fantastic. Nothing to criticise although part of me wanted Logan to get away with it...lol2. Season 1 The first season is top class, brilliant twists throughout especially Nina Myers towards the end, a top class finale, Jack Bauer quite different to what he is today. Even the Kim Bauer storyline is good in this season! Some top class visuals here and good music.3. Season 3 The first season I ever watched so I have a slight soft spot. Some of the best moments of the series e.g Chappelle's killing, Saunders take down with the helicopter explosion. Jack Bauer on the edge with his heroin addiction which I liked...I also find this to be the most Miami Vice like of the seasons due to the drug dealers etc. Only downside, Kim is quite annoying and unbelieveable in her role...4. Season 7 A return to form after the poor S6. Brilliant throughout and harbours my 2nd fave villain of all of 24, Jonas Hodges played fantastically by Jon Voight. Unfortunatly when he is disposed of the season looses pace, the last 6 or so eps let this season down, a bit slow and the finale pretty poor, we all know Bauer will survive, Kiefer was signed for S8 ages before this! 5. Season 4 Not much in the story department, but plenty of fantastic action.6. Season 2 Only beats S6 slightely. This season is very slow to get going, 15 episodes before the bomb goes off, and the only significant event in there is CTU blowing up and Nina Myers having Jack at gunpoint. After ep15 it picks up and the Palmer storyline was good in this season throughout, but again slow to get going.7. Season 6 They take all I liked about Season 5 and destroyed it. Big mistake bringing Bauer's family in as the main bad guys. Fayad was boring. Still good action and still good TV by all standards, just weak by 24 standards.So there's my run down, whats yours?Can't wait for Season 8 but the lacklustre ending of S7 may be a sign of a weaker season in my eyes. Plus all the middle eastern related seasons are in my bottom 3 and S8 is another middle eastern season....

• 1 month later...

IS TIME RUNNING OUT FOR 24?Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly reportedly told iF magazine that the upcoming season of 24 may be its last. The eighth season is the last that FOX is under contract to produce, and the poor economy and high cost of the series could spell the end of the television road for Jack Bauer.“We haven’t made any decision whether it’s back or not [after the eighth season],†Reilly told iF contributing writer Abbie Bernstein at the TV Critic's Association's summer press tour in Pasadena. “The producers are passionate, Kiefer is passionate and we don’t have any of them looking to jump ship. It’s a show we’re really proud of. It’s going to come down to a business decision. It’s not an inexpensive show on the network books and we also want to finish strong. This is not a show we want to prop up. It will be a whole creative and business discussion and something we’ll have to deal with over the next few months.â€

• 2 weeks later...
ALTERNATE ENDINGS IN THE WORKS FOR 24Following reports that next season may be the last for 24, writers are said to be scripting several alternate endings for Season Eight. The show’s executive producer Evan Katz told ContactMusic.com that 24’s future is uncertain but adds that there are several scenarios where the landmark series could continue.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest neworder

Thoughts on Season 8 so far???I think it's good, not as good as the start of Season 7 but better than 6. Renee has gone a bit insane lol.My only major gripe was that after years of begging her Dad to pay more attention to her and leave CTU Kim stands there and tells him to go back into CTU and finish the job when for once Bauer couldn't be ars*d. Apart from that big omission and the fact that there isn't really any tension like there used to be , Season 8 has got off to a decent start!Your thoughts?

Didn't really watch it that much till last year, watching it this year. Annie Wershing makes it worth my while..."I'm not cutting the bracelet.":clap:

I enjoyed it' date=' the show is still entertaining enough; but they have the formula down so perfectly that it's starting to feel like self parody.[/quote']Its quite a good show, I agree.:D

AROUND THE WORLD IN 24 HOURS?Kiefer Sutherland recently told TV.com that if 24 goes to the big screen, it would likely have an international flavor –†and no ticking clock. “We've wanted to film all around Europe,†Sutherland told the website. “I think one of the great things about Europe, especially if you're going to do something where a two-hour film represents 24 hours, then it's very feasible to get from Eastern Europe to London in seven hours.†Whether 24 will come to the big screen – or return to television after Season 8 remains to be seen.

• 1 month later...

Fan of Kiefer but haven't watched much of the show. Saw they're maybe making a movie. One of my best friends tried to get me into it, but nowadays I watch mainly movies and a show that starts with "L." Questions:Beyond the first two seaons, was the theme mostly that they had to prevent a terrorist from carrying out some task within a given time frame? Thus, the whole clock thing. It was funny that on Simpsons and South Park, virtually identical '24' spoofs came out at the same time.Also, did they choose our usual "politically correct terrorists" e.g. Kiefer vs. Irish Republican Army, Kiefer vs. former Soviet republics trying to sell a nuke... were any of the bad guys "post 2001 era bad guys" or not? Not trying to threadjack or troll, just curious for the sake of my own pop culture osmosis. P.S.: Funny how Lost came into play around the same time Survivor had so much momentum - i.e. both going with the stuck on deserted island theme.

• Administrators

Watch Bestbuy for sales and check amazon.com (my personal favorite) for great prices. Most season sets can be bought for $19.99 if you don't mind waiting for a sale.amazon.com

Thanks! :thumbsup:I do have a few leftover traveler's checks from my vacation. I might buy a few seasons at full price instead of loading my credit card any further. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

empiremagazine Kiefer was on great form. Said 24 wrapped for good on Tuesday - lots of tears. The script for the movie, though, is already written. N

I will go see the movie. I somehow don't think the movie will be 24 hours long though.:D