Episode #22 "Lombard"

Ferrariman

4 hours ago, Dadrian said:

I see we have no computer nerds here… :)

and no complexed :). in computing the domain is so vast that it's almost impossible to know everything. But the joke was pretty sharp i admit :cheers:

On 5/6/2021 at 10:40 PM, Christine said:

Today I watched "Lombard." I like the episode, even though it's not one of my favorites. As has already been said, one initially harbors a greater dislike for Al Lombard, but then realizes that the man does have sympathetic sides.
I always find it irritating that "Dale Menton" from "Golden Triangle" is suddenly called Charlie here. Has Menton been arrested? I don't know right now, but if not, he could have been left with the name Menton. It was well known that the latter had his fingers in many dirty deals.
The ending is successful. You can see the Hitmen waiting for Lombard in front of the courthouse and following him, but you don't know if he was able to escape or not. We who know the series know the answer :), but no one knew at the time.

This was one of the bad things about Miami Vice. They reused the actors of too important characters like Menton. And within the same season, even. Not good at all.

The actor John Santucci was absolutely brilliant though. 

The funniest scene was when Santucci/Charlie comes to the hospital with the very fat guy and Lombard says "Get lost and take that thing with you." :D :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, apocalypse said:

This was one of the bad things about Miami Vice. They reused the actors of too important characters like Menton. And within the same season, even. Not good at all.

The actor John Santucci was absolutely brilliant though. 

The funniest scene was when Santucci/Charlie comes to the hospital with the very fat guy and Lombard says "Get lost and take that thing with you." :D :D

TV shows back then did that though, it was not just MV by any means! Most shows would end up having many actors guest starring several times as different characters in different episodes—especially if the show was one of the most popular ones on at the time, and a lot of actors are wanting to get a guest-spot on there, sometimes more than once. It’s just how they did things on television back then. Now it’s different, and you don’t usually see that anymore. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ViceFanMan said:

TV shows back then did that though, it was not just MV by any means! Most shows would end up having many actors guest starring several times as different characters in different episodes—especially if the show was one of the most popular ones on at the time, and a lot of actors are wanting to get a guest-spot on there, sometimes more than once. It’s just how they did things on television back then. Now it’s different, and you don’t usually see that anymore. 

Actually you do...but they can shuffle them from franchise to franchise now. Law & Order to Law & Order SVU, for example...or from Blue Bloods to NCIS LA. You don't see it as often in the same series, but there are more "flagship" options produced by the same people. Or they jump...like one current SVU regular who first appeared as a perp in the series, or the migration from Alex O'Loughlin fromThe Shield to OCD serial killer on Criminal Minds to Steve McGarret on Hawaii Five-0.

Edited by Robbie C.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

Actually you do...but they can shuffle them from franchise to franchise now. Law & Order to Law & Order SVU, for example...or from Blue Bloods to NCIS LA. You don't see it as often in the same series, but there are more "flagship" options produced by the same people. Or they jump...like one current SVU regular who first appeared as a perp in the series, or the migration from Alex O'Loughlin fromThe Shield to OCD serial killer on Criminal Minds to Steve McGarret on Hawaii Five-0.

True, many actors may guest star on different shows as different characters in the same year, or TV season. Some of those actors may eventually go on to star in their own shows, such as Alex O’Loughlin. But, rarely do you have the same actors showing up on the same shows as different characters, anymore. That kind of ended in the mid to late 90s. One of the last shows I remember to really utilize the “recycle” model of guest-star actors was Murder, She Wrote—which ended in 1996.

Santucci wasn't playing, he was himself. you can't do better performance. i mean he's so convincing. He was great in golden triangle too. Especially when he was facing the tough guy Castillo. he talks to Castillo with no fear, which is by itself quite impressing

Edited by jpaul1
  • Like 2

The fact that Santucci and Farina, an ex-crook and an ex-cop, could play convincingly either side of the law (Santucci played an albeit bad cop in thief) always reminded me of the line from the pilot:

"Flip sides of the same coin".

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

We went to Universal’s theme park in Orlando this weekend, and guess where I had lunch! :) 

They didn’t have any vermicelli :p

The spots on my shirt are from the previous ride that sprayed a bit of water.

We had a great time!

I wish they had the MV stunt show haha 

IMG_6712.jpeg

Edited by Dadrian
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Dadrian said:

We went to Universal’s theme park in Orlando this weekend, and guess where I had lunch! :) 

We had a great time!

IMG_6712.jpeg

That’s awesome!! :dance2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadrian said:

We had a great time!

IMG_6712.jpeg

I remember seeing the Miami Vice stunt show at the actual Universal Studios many years ago, more than once.  It was an exciting show… then they replaced it with Waterworld… :eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...