Missing Hours. What on earth was Dick Wolf thinking?

Detective_Crockett

James Brown? Aliens? I mean come on! How do Aliens even fit into this episode? This episode really is not true Vice style, what are your opinions on it?:radar:

I believe we already have this thread posted in the episode section where you will find it talked about in depth. A weird episode for sure. I believe at the time UFO stuff was popular on tv and allot of shows hit on the UFO story lines.

After season 2 the show was starting to go down hill and that's when Dick Wolf took over the show. I don't know what Michael Mann was thinking. If Mann only stuck with the show it would of been 10x better.

This is the worst episode of the entire series!! :thumbsdown: "Cows of October" comes in 2nd. :sick: What the writers and producers were thinking...who the he** knows?? :confused: I've said this before...I think the writers were on crack (and equate brand too...not even the good stuff) when pooping this crap out. :p But, every show will have poor episodes...that's just the way it is. In some bizarre way, they too give us fans of whatever show it is something more to discuss on fansites. So, I guess bad episodes serve some sort of purpose after all. :)

It was just a product of its time - many shows were touching on Ufo s in 1987.:D

This is true...but man-alive you would think they would come up with a better plot and something half-way understandable! :confused: "Missing Hours" doesn't even make sense...and I still don't totally comprehend what James Brown's purpose in that episode was? :rolleyes: Again, it was like one, or all, of the writers decided to...sample some of Calderone's "product" and then sat down to write an episode. :p I don't care for UFO/Alien/ET type stuff anyway...so that type of plot didn't help for me. But, "dang" I've seen other UFO themed episodes that at least made sense (although I don't believe in any of it) and I could follow! "M.H." is just crap all the way around. :thumbsdown:

I too don't get this episode....One of the worst. Even though it centers around Trudy, which we didn't see too often, it's the weirdest of the bunch. I just watched it again today, and all I've got to say is WTF......:rolleyes:

I too don't get this episode....One of the worst. Even though it centers around Trudy' date=' which we didn't see too often, it's the weirdest of the bunch. I just watched it again today, and all I've got to say is WTF......:rolleyes:[/quote']LOL!! :) Exactly! I like episodes that center around Trudy, because that is somewhat rare, but not this one! :evil: "Dutch Oven" and "Hell Hath No Fury..." are much better Trudy episodes. ;)

"The Dutch Oven" is a great episode.:D
Definitely! Although I do feel bad for Trudy in it...as it really doesn't end too well for her. It was a good emotional one for her character. :clap:
Far and away the worst ep for me. This is the only MV I refuse to watch again. I've seen it once and once is enough! What an utter slap in the face to fans.
Exactly!! I think I may have seen "Missing Hours" perhaps 3 times in my lifetime' date=' and the last one was several years ago...probably when the DVD set first came out. The last time before that was probably back in the mid 90's when the cable network fx was airing reruns. The first time I saw it was when it originally aired...and trust me it sucked [b']the most then! ;)

• 5 years later...

If there is an episode for every topic then this is the UFO/conspiracy theorist episode.  If Wolf was doing "ripped from the headlines" stuff, well UFOs would come and go in the news every so often.  Also the abduction phenomenon was taking hold at this point too, as was the idea of missing time.  Whitley Strieber's Communion was a bestseller in 1987.  The X-Files would capitalize on this fascination just a few short years later.  But yes, it was badly executed and Vice is not the place for this content.  At least not in this way.

• Like 1