This Week In Miami Vice History...

mvnyc

April 1st - April 7th:**There was no Season 1 premiere episode this week**"Free Verse", the 20th episode of the 2nd season, premiered on NBC on Friday, April 4th, 1986 at 10PM EST. Some notes on this episode (from Miami Vice Wiki):* This episode was called "Free Verse" when it originally aired, but the name was changed to "Zero Solution" for some syndicated broadcasts. Unlike other Miami Vice episodes that had it's title changed (where the new title became the official one), this episode's name has reverted back to it's original title ("Free Verse") for the show's DVD releases.* Don Johnson appears in the opening, then doesn't appear until about 18 minutes later into the episode. His absence is explained by having to appear in court. * This episode refers to the trend of "Banana Politics" in the 1980s, referring to the coups and civil wars that occurred in Central American and Caribbean countries during that time. "Viking Bikers From Hell", the 22nd episode of the 3rd season, premiered on NBC on Friday, April 3rd, 1987 at 9PM EST. Some notes on this episode (from Miami Vice Wiki):* Episode writer John Milius used Marlon Brando's character from Apocalypse Now (Col. Walter Kurtz), as his pseudonym in the credits. * Since Zito's death, Switek has taken to reading magic trick books during his stakeouts, having done so in almost every episode since, including this one. * One of the bikes featured in this episode is a Kawasaki GPZ. It would later be redesigned and renamed the "Ninja." * The hotel that Victoria pulls in front of (The Breakwater), was, like the other Art Deco hotels in South Beach, renovated after Miami Vice went off the air and is now a luxury hotel. * This is one of three Season 3 episodes in which Tubbs is shown brandishing his shotgun, but he never fires it.* When Reb jumps his bike over a Metro-Dade squad car to escape the hideout, the scene switches from his usual chopper to a smaller and lighter dirtbike, before changing back to his chopper again. "Blood And Roses", the 19th episode of the 4th season, premiered on NBC on Friday, April 1st at 10PM EST. Some notes on this episode (from Miami Vice Wiki):* From this episode until February, 1989, Miami Vice's time slot was moved back to Friday at 10PM.* This is the second time Gina was forced into sex to maintain her cover. And, just as in the episode "Give A Little, Take A Little", she shot and killed the man who slept with her. * When Mosca is shot by Gina, it's very obvious that a dummy was used to depict his fall down the chute (the dummy's head actually falls off in the last few frames of the shot).**There was no Season 5 premiere episode this week**

John Milius, one of the writers of Dirty Harry and the primary writer of Magnum force wrote Viking Bikers from hell? really? I never would have figured it was his work.

John Milius' date=' one of the writers of Dirty Harry and the primary writer of Magnum force wrote Viking Bikers from hell? really? I never would have figured it was his work.[/quote']I know, I guess he didn't want it known he was writing for a television show at the time...

I know' date=' I guess he didn't want it known he was writing for a television show at the time...[/quote']I dont know its not such a comedown - many film writers wrote tv scripts at that time.:D

I know' date=' I guess he didn't want it known he was writing for a television show at the time...[/quote']Or ashamed of the horrible episode he wrote? xDNah but seriously, I would have loved to see milius write a serious MV story.

eh I wonder just how much of it was the director and the teleplay converters messing with it that made it so silly, or if it really was self inflicted.on the other hand looking at his movie credits one of them is Conan the Barbarian and that kinda had the same amount of cheese as Viking Bikers.