Back To The Gym For Me!

blondman69

Summer's coming up and I need to lose 20lbs! 45 mins cardio every day followed by a decent set of hard reps to get my definition back, think I'll have to moderate my alcohol and cut out the snacking again as well.

Exercise and diet are two of my favorite things. I tend to only strength train as I'm not big on cardio. What I mainly do are body weight exercises with some free weight stuff. I push myself hard and focus on specific body parts on certain days. For example; one day I will do hundreds of squats, calve raises, and a few other things to strengthen my legs. The next day I might focus entirely on my back muscles. Those are the days I do hundreds of pullups, shoulder shrugs, and bent over rows. What I usually focus on the following day is my chest and abs. I'll do hundreds of pushups, bench presses, dumb bell flys, 500 shoulder twists, and usually 500-1000 different ab exercises. It hurts like heck, but it feels amazing.As far as diet is concerned. I avoid processed food as much as possible and stick to fresh fruit, vegetables, rice, beans, fresh sea food, and free range eggs. I avoid bad oils like soy or canola and stick to good oils like coconut and extra virgin olive oil. It might seem kinda boring, but it makes you feel energetic almost all the time. You don't feel run down or tired like you do if you ate a fast food meal. Real food gives you tons of long lasting energy all day. :thumbsup:My biggest influence as far as diet and exercise is concerned is the late Jack Lalanne. The guy was a dynamo for most of his 96 years because of his diet and exercise routine. I hope to maintain the same level of dedication to diet and exercise that he was able to throughout the course of my life. Sticking to real food and working my butt off has enabled me to look and feel years younger. I'm about 30 and people are convinced I'm still a teenager because of how young and energetic I look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oZONIm6zM4

Pretty impressive stuff Tekka! I have challenged myself to look good in two months in a suit, naked, and in my BMW Coupe. I just need to lose the winter body mass.

Myself, I find that living the Switek life is much more rewarding.

Pretty impressive stuff Tekka! I have challenged myself to look good in two months in a suit' date=' naked, and in my BMW Coupe. I just need to lose the winter body mass.[/quote']Don't get pulled over while you're driving naked in your Beemer!

The gym is great and I go almost everyday, but diet is the key to loosing weight. If there is 3600 Calories in a pound and you are only running 500 at the gym then it's going to take a LNG time to loose weight depending on what your goal is. Cut back on the calories in addition to going to the gym.

The gym is great and I go almost everyday' date=' but diet is the key to loosing weight. If there is 3600 Calories in a pound and you are only running 500 at the gym then it's going to take a LNG time to loose weight depending on what your goal is. Cut back on the calories in addition to going to the gym.[/quote']also avoid soda, diet included as drinking regular water or something close to it will make loosing the water weight far more easy.Plus with soda because of how its rigged up the body holds onto it and the weight from the food that goes along with it, so not only does the soda rot teeth, supercharge your heart rate with the caffeinated ones basically probably doing something along the lines of cocaine to it (soda in the early turn of the century or the late 18th actually Had it in it!) but it also makes loosing weight a serious pain in the ass.and unfortunately I'm badly addicted to diet coke, basically the devils elixir at this point for me, really need to switch over to green tea and decaffeinated early grey like I'm fricking Jean Luc Picard or something. yeah I'm not happy about it, and its doctors orders as well.and bread or anything with bread like stuff in it, damn crackers are addictive, have to go full german and stick to sausage like the late Luftwaffe Ace Gunther Rall said was the secret to his long life and good health of something like 90 in his book, have to say he passed on about 3 years ago sadly right after I read his bookgo figure, but hey beats dieing at something like 55 to 60.that along with naturalish cheese, salad and that kind of stuff.when it comes to exercise though try going around your block a few times, beats stairing at the boob tube at the gym and being around all of those sweaty people. Mine happened to be exactly 1/2 half mile from my home and back and it takes 10 minutes walking to cover it so I need to go around 3 times to balance out and actually work off the weightso I've started going around 4 times.

Pretty impressive stuff Tekka! I have challenged myself to look good in two months in a suit' date=' naked, and in my BMW Coupe. I just need to lose the winter body mass.[/quote']Hope you are not planning the last two at the same time!:D