Golden Triangle

PalmTree

Golden Triangle (especially part 2) is one of THE best eps. of the entire series IMO. In fact I think the series peaked w/ season 2. I can still remember the degree of anticipation I'd feel waiting for friday night back then. Television went straight downhill from that point on.

Yet another...Yet another example of the coincidence of music & television peaking at the same time. It almost seems intentional social consicousness engineering on the part of someone or something...? Especially compared to just how terrible music & television and movies for that matter are today. Make life soo bad & they'll do pretty much anything we want for a tiny taste of happiness.

MV suffered from the same problem other good (but nowhere near as good as the ratings reflected) shows did. The creative process (and its managers) used a variety of directors/writers so the show(s) would retain a degree of freshness. That same process was the demise of what made MV exciting & new and what ultimately killed it. They should have settled on the collection of directors & writers which predictablely produced good results. By the last season they basically were so going through the motions and attempting to reproduce what better people had produced earlier in the series. All i watch are seasons 1 & 2 + a couple of eps. from season 3.

Golden Triangle (especially part 2) is one of THE best eps. of the entire series IMO. In fact I think the series peaked w/ season 2. I can still remember the degree of anticipation I'd feel waiting for friday night back then. Television went straight downhill from that point on.

^ I agree 100%. Damn, damn good music. I honestly beleive MV wouldn't have been anywhere near the hit it was w/out Hammer's music.

I'd say that Golden Triangle I + II are the best double or 90 min. plot (to me better than the Pilot, Calderone's Return I+II, The Prodigal Son, Hostile Takeover+Redemption in Blood, Freefall).

• 1 year later...

I love both episodes but "Golden Triangle" has to be the most schizophrenic episode in the series. It starts as a pretty light hearted episode with non threatening villains & a hooker with a heart of gold & then it becomes a different show complete with martial arts & a guy swallowing his tongue! Say what??? It's an amazing shift in tone. Tremendous episode though!

I love both episodes but "Golden Triangle" has to be the most schizophrenic episode in the series. It starts as a pretty light hearted episode with non threatening villains & a hooker with a heart of gold & then it becomes a different show complete with martial arts & a guy swallowing his tongue! Say what??? It's an amazing shift in tone. Tremendous episode though!

I love how the episode(s) are structured.  That's part of Golden Triangle's genius.  You think it's going one direction then BOOM!  It completely changes paths and the mystery drops you into the Golden Triangle.  "Thai!?  You didn't tell me they were Thai!"

I love how the episode(s) are structured.  That's part of Golden Triangle's genius.  You think it's going one direction then BOOM!  It completely changes paths and the mystery drops you into the Golden Triangle.  "Thai!?  You didn't tell me they were Thai!"

True - such a good episode ( s) - MV was really hitting its stride here . Great direction from Georg Stanford Brown (1) and David Anspaugh ( 2) 

:D

Edited by Matt5