Have you ever ran the complete series with others?

ivoryjones

I have an ex-girlfriend that found Miami Vice nice when we start seeing each other. After many years together, at the end she couldn't stand it. It was like Dracula seeing a cross. Of course, I had nothing to do with it :oWell, I'm happy that my new girlfriend never watched MV before and we're doing a full series run together (we're ten eps behind Freefall). She liked it a lot. It was time I could bring another fan to the world.I get the feeling that re-watching a series with someone who never watched it before is like seeing the series through "new eyes". Have you ever tried it? It's very nice. You get new ways of seeing eps you liked less, and just get also a renewed experience on eps you always liked but have been watching for too long with the same ideas.

• Administrators

Well I met my current better half on a Miami Vice site! It doesn't get any better than that!

• 1 month later...

I never watched the series all the way through, episode-by-episode, with anyone else other than myself.I do have friends & family that enjoy the show, but have only seen select episodes, such as the Pilot (series premiere), Calderone's Return, One Eyed Jack, Rites of Passage, Evan, Lombard, The Prodigal Son, Out Where The Buses Don't Run, Sons and Lovers, Stone's War, Forgive Us Our Debts, Red Tape, Like A Hurricane, Deliver Us From Evil, Mirror Image, Hostile Takeover, Redemption In Blood, World of Trouble, Too Much, Too Late, and Freefall (series finale).My mother and father quite enjoy it, and I had a cousin that enjoyed it, at least enough to laugh at Crockett & Tubbs kickin' ass in those ridiculous clothes.From what i've seen, most people aren't enlightened enough to enjoy Vice. Seriously. They just don't get the nihilistic feel of the show. If every episode doesn't end with a completely explained, happy, and wrapped up in a nice little package "Hollywood ending", then it must've sucked.I always thought the amount of "suicide" endings really was a bold statement by the show. I enjoyed the more realistic cop show story telling, mixed with the self-indugent, overproduced, bigger than life escapism. It made the show something special.And naturally of course... the BIGGEST season they find fault with because of this - the 5th.

From what i've seen' date=' most people aren't enlightened enough to enjoy Vice. Seriously. They just don't get the nihilistic feel of the show. If every episode doesn't end with a completely explained, happy, and wrapped up in a nice little package "Hollywood ending", then it must've sucked.I always thought the amount of "suicide" endings really was a bold statement by the show. I enjoyed the more realistic cop show story telling, mixed with the self-indugent, overproduced, bigger than life escapism. It made the show something special.[/quote']I like how you put that, it really hits the nail on the head for me.