Stiltsville?

cageyJG

Anyone know the status of this place and its inhabitants? Anyone ever seen it up close? Just watched "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" again and thinking how cool it'd be to visit. Also spooky to live aboard, especially at night.

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.netI give a break down of the houses and which ones were used' date=' which are gone, and which remain on my location site.[/quote']To add a little to Charlie's informative post, Stiltsville now belongs to Biscayne National Park, part of the National Park Service. This is excellent because it means the houses will be preserved for a while. However, without a preservation project, they won't last much longer. Most look to be in bad condition and are deteriorating at a rapid pace. You can cruise very close to the houses through narrow boat channels but docking on a house requires special permission from the National Park Service. I believe only the Miami Springs Power Boat Club has permission to use their house on a regular basis. If you are planning a trip and are serious about wanting to visit one of the houses, PM me, I have a POC at the Park Service. It is unlikely they would let you dock at night.