Miami Vice Colors

agent 47

I need help on this. I'm repainting my room and I'm going with Miami Vice colors, what are the titles of the colors? Do they have specific titles? I don't know much about colors but I like the look of Vice and want that for my room. Very much appreciate your help.

Edited by agent 47
Space bar is your friend.

I need help on this' date='I'm repainting my room and I'm going with Miami Vice colors,what are the titles of the colors?Do they have specific titles?I don't know much about colors but I like the look of Vice and want that for my room.Very much appreciate your help.[/quote']Well, to be perfectly honest, there are so many different names to colors of all shades that this would not be possible to name the colors outright.To some blue can be SKY BLUE or POWDER BLUE or BABY BLUE or LIGHT BLUE etc.Tourqoise can be a bluish vice color.I suggest that you find a great photo of the MIAMI VICE logo, and bring it to LOWES or HOME DEPT where they can actually COLOR MATCH whatever color you want via computer scanning whatever shade of color paint you want!

Stick with almost any combo of pastels and you can't go wrong!

This is correct.Primary colors have a way of having to find the right combo to make them work right.Pastels can all work together, along with neutrals (like grey). the lighter the pastel color the better they blend together.

Hey,thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it!

Edited by agent 47

Hey' date='thans for the help guys!I really appreciate it![/quote']That's what were here for! Taking care of your MIAMI VICE needs. :thumbsup:

Go to any Lowes or Home Depot, and grab some handfuls of the paint sample cards.Take them back home and see what the colors look like in the light in that room. They have dozens of colors that qualify as pastel, or use the color matching idea presented, bring an item in to the Paint Dept., and they can match it.

Went to Home Depot,took the picture of the logo from the soundtrack CD. Couldn't get the matcher thing to work, but we (Mom and I) compared the picture to color cards. The pink was an exact match, we kept having trouble finding the blue though. We finally found a match...in the Disney section. It's called Buzz Blaster blue. It's as close to the logo you can get in Home Depot ,forgot the title of the pink (if you want to know, just leave a private message at my profile or you can just post here, I'll find out the title). At the counter, a guy next to me kept giving the color samples a weird look. My Mom finally says it's to paint my room Miami Vice colors, he turns to me and says "That's a little out of your time.". He then said he liked the alligator. I got home and started painting. I'm painting the walls blue and the shelves pink. But whether it's my mom laughing at my taste in this show or it's "that's out of your time", I'm always getting strange looks about the show. Thanks for all the help, I'm half way done painting!

Edited by agent 47

Great job!Do you know how many times I feel like a freak buying the pastel clothes and blazers? To me, the show never left. To those who were not massive fans like me, it was an older show.DO NOT let someone make you feel ill at ease with a MIAMI VICE fixation. I've had it since the show aired, and I'M STILL into it everyday!!Take picktures of your room if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few photos of my room:000_3467000_3468000_3470

COOL!!! Can't wait to see all the photos!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap::clap:

000_3468 and 000_3470' date='that's the last of them![/quote']I just LOVE the colors man!! Sweet.It looks extremely well organized, and clean. I also like the Two and a half men "CHARLIE" style shirts. I too own several of those silk style shirts.Your lucky to have a cool place like that.

I try to keep it organized. I'm more of a film buff so I collected tons of films and try to to keep them in alphabetical orde. ,I like to know where everything is at. Those are my favorite type shirts, whenever I go somewhere I wear one of those  and a pair of blue jeans. Thanks for the complements on my room!

Edited by agent 47
Space bar was needed.

Now I'm gonna post some pics of my room. As soon as I find the camera and upload them.Now I want those colours in my room!

Tell me about it! It's very cool!We wanna see your pictures too.

Just take some snap shots off of video of season two opener where C&T are in the house where Gina is shot during the assasination attemp on the feds. The soft pastels of that house eminate of true MV style. The blues, turquiose and soft pinks etc and of course the glass blocks.....What is a MV replica without glass blocks :)

l got the paint at Home Depot. The pink is called Checkerberry and the blue is buzz blaster blue. The blue actually came from the Disney section,that was the closest thing I could find to the blue. But the best way to get the colors is if you have the original soundtrack,(the 11 track one with the theme, Smuggler's Blues and Evan), take the little booklet with the logo on it and go there to compare colors.

Edited by agent 47
Space bar was needed.

And here they are! One section of my wallEingefügtes BildSlightly above that wallEingefügtes BildMy pastelish bedspreadEingefügtes BildMy DVD collectionEingefügtes BildThe front of my dad's wardrobe (those cars are V8 Supercars, Nascars that don't go as fast and go around turns. Only the things are Australian)Eingefügtes BildDad's wardrobe againEingefügtes BildMy wardrobe (The reason Cat is there because my name is actually Catherine. Just keep using Gina.:))Eingefügtes BildAnd my little Vice collection. A little alligator, a flamingo, Ray-Bans (Pilot ep), a little yellow Testarossa and Ray-Ban look-a-likes. (because I can't take the Ray-Bans to school, obviously.)Eingefügtes Bild

Wow,Gina,see your'e a big Magnum P.I. fan !I also have that Vice City Stories poster up, actually I have a ton of GTA posters (I'll post pics of them if you want). I remember my room looked exactly that way before I painted it. GTA posters everywhere.

Edited by agent 47
Space bar and redundant run-on.

And my little Vice collection. A little alligator, a flamingo, Ray-Bans (Pilot ep), a little yellow Testarossa and Ray-Ban look-a-likes. (because I can't take the Ray-Bans to school, obviously.)Eingefügtes BildGreat photos Gina! Photos of things, people and places really brings someone to life! It makes you feel you now know this friend.In the spring, I'm hoping to do photos of me where I live, wearing my vintage Crockett threads.Thank you Gina and " avid" for sharing. More would be cool too.P.S., Gina, why can't you wear the raybans to school. I wore my rayban wayfarers at school every day in 1985-86.