USA Network Promo For "Too Much, Too Late" & NBC Commercial Bumper

mvnyc

From my personal collection, here is the premiere promo for "Too Much, Too Late" on USA Network, followed by the NBC bottom of the hour commercial bumper (there is a problem with the file, you may only see the first part of the bumper):

https://vimeo.com/66935450

Cool thanks for sharing. You have motivated me to check out one or two old VCR tapes that I recorded back in the 80s. Even if I find some neat stuff transferring them to DVD or flash video could be a problem.

You have motivated me to check out one or two old VCR tapes that I recorded back in the 80s. Even if I find some neat stuff transferring them to DVD or flash video could be a problem.

You'll need a DVD recorder, then take the video file and upload it. I'll see if I can upload the bumpers again separately...

That was awesome...thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: I never knew USA actually did it's own promo for the missing episode, cool trivia! :cool:However, I never understood how "Junk Love" stayed in...but "Too Much Too Late" was pulled? :confused: I mean of course a drug-addicted mother trying to allow her daughter to be used for sex in exchange for drugs is horrible! :cry: But, that never actually ended up happening, nor was it shown. In "J.L." the daughter was forced into a sexual relationship with her own father...and her being forced to kiss and make out with him, while he pawed all over her, was shown! :eek: Yuck!! :sick:Anyway, awesome promo and NBC bumpers!! :clap:

was shown! :eek: Yuck!! :sick:Anyway, awesome promo and NBC bumpers!! :clap:

Sure thing, ViceFanMan! There's a promo that aired during one of the "lost" episodes where they wanted viewers to vote on what episode should air the following week in place of "Too Much, Too Late", I have it and will try to transfer it and upload it (it's pretty funny that they (NBC) actually did this...

Sure thing' date=' ViceFanMan! There's a promo that aired during one of the "lost" episodes where they wanted viewers to vote on what episode should air the following week in place of "Too Much, Too Late", I have it and will try to transfer it and upload it (it's pretty funny that they (NBC) actually did this...[/quote']Awesome...if you can get that promo uploaded, it would be fun to see! :thumbsup: But, there was only on true "lost" episode. "World of Trouble", "Miracle Man", and "Leap of Faith" are sometimes thought to be "lost" ones too--because fans think those episodes didn't originally air either, as they aired after "Freefall" going into June of 1989. This was because NBC wanted to use "Freefall" during the finale/May ratings period...to have one last cash-in on the show, even though there were still 3 more episodes to air. Because "Freefall" was supposed to be the "end" of the series...a lot of fans didn't realize there are 3 more episodes that had to be aired yet. But, those 3 did air...just after "Freefall".But, was this other promo for one of those episodes then? Also, did NBC make it known that there was an episode they were not going to air?

But' date=' was this other promo for one of those episodes then? Also, did NBC make it known that there was an episode they were not going to air?[/quote']No, it was for 3 previously aired season 5 episodes to air in place of "Too Much, Too Late." NBC (from what I remember at the time) said nothing about not airing "Too Much, Too Late", I don't think (and I could be wrong) that anyone was aware that there was a "lost" episode until USA Network starting airing the Season 5 episodes in late 1989.

Very, very cool! Thank you!I'm an MV promo addict, and I've managed to uncover a number of them that I've saved to the PC, but USA's initial airing of "Too Much, Too Late" has eluded me thus far (despite the fact my collection of formerly-blank VHS tapes numbers into literally the thousands, although I've wound up with a LOT of great non-MV material).I do have one USA promo for the series in general, from 1992. It's not all that interesting, but here's the ending scene from it:[ATTACH=CONFIG]8013[/ATTACH]And, if anyone's interested, I did a little MV promo-reviewing on my blog (sorry, they allow screencaps, but no video):http://neovideohunter.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/some-miami-vice-premiere-promos-1984-1987/

post-22-13892965622543_thumb.jpg

8013[/ATTACH]And, if anyone's interested, I did a little MV promo-reviewing on my blog (sorry, they allow screencaps, but no video):http://neovideohunter.wordpress.com/2013/05/17/some-miami-vice-premiere-promos-1984-1987/

Lar, I read your blog, very cool, thanks! I don't have the Season 4 premiere promo (good to see that), I also don't have season 2, but that should be around as it was well publicized at the time.

Lar' date=' I read your blog, very cool, thanks! I don't have the Season 4 premiere promo (good to see that), I also don't have season 2, but that should be around as it was well publicized at the time.[/quote']Promos from seasons 1 & 2 and probably 3 as well shouldn't be too hard to find, especially S2. S4 and particularly S5 probably had less promotion in comparison (though, oddly enough, S4 is the one I've had the most luck with). S5 has definitely been tougher for me; I've had a ton of tapes from the right time period of 1988-1989 NBC prime time recordings. I should have been grabbing S5 promos left and right, and they just never showed up, which has made them the ones I want the most. I want any of them, but I really want to grab spots for "Bad Timing", "Asian Cut", "Over The Line", "Victims Of Circumstance", "Freefall", and any of the post-'Freefall" eps, especially "World Of Trouble". There were so many people using VCRs by the late-80's that I'm confident I'll get all or most of them at some point, especially with the frequency I buy tapes, but it does get frustrating. It's actually pretty weird that for as popular as it was, my finding MV promos has been (in comparison to, say, M*A*S*H and/or Magnum, P.I. promos) somewhat more of a challenge.
Can you share all of them too ?
Give me a sec and let me see if I can get them on Photobucket. I won't upload to Youtube; I used to do that pretty heavily, but so many people were stealing my vids and then reuploading them to Youtube as their own (or worse yet, probably selling them on homemade commercial compilations on Ebay) that I had to quit. One dude even took to ripping everything I put up, reuploading it to Retrojunk.com, even occasionally making snarky comments about the quality of the video (as if I could help what a 25+ year old VHS tape's quality looked like). Figures he was one of the few to actually give me credit as the original uploader.

S4 and particularly S5 probably had less promotion in comparison .

Agreed...The show wasn't promoted like it was for the first three seasons, no question. And, like you, for that reason, season 5 is the one season I have the fewest promos for as well.

I won't upload to Youtube; I used to do that pretty heavily' date=' but so many people were stealing my vids and then reuploading them to Youtube as their own (or worse yet, probably selling them on homemade commercial compilations on Ebay) that I had to quit.[/quote']I've had that happen as well, with things showing up on other sites that I've posted. I don't have a problem with it, we're all fans of the series.

No' date=' it was for 3 previously aired season 5 episodes to air in place of "Too Much, Too Late." NBC (from what I remember at the time) said nothing about not airing "Too Much, Too Late", I don't think (and I could be wrong) that anyone was aware that there was a "lost" episode until USA Network starting airing the Season 5 episodes in late 1989.[/quote']Oh, cool...so they re-aired a season 5 episode in place of "Too Much". I wasn't really watching "Vice" much by the time the show ended, so yeah I never knew there was a "lost" episode until years later--even after USA had stopped airing reruns. I first time I ever saw "Too Much" was just seven years ago, in 2006, when TV Land was airing reruns. For some reason I must have missed it when fx and TNN aired reruns. :rolleyes: Awesome promos and info! :thumbsup:

I've had that happen as well' date=' with things showing up on other sites that I've posted. I don't have a problem with it, we're all fans of the series.[/quote']I think with the internet it's almost to be expected. I'm not so naive as to think that people won't rip something or that everyone that grabs something from me is going to give me credit as the original uploader. But, the shameless ripping, especially when I'd post something, someone would rip it, and their copy would be the one that gathered all the views, likes and comments, was disheartening. I had people following me that would rip almost as soon as I could post it. That user at Retrojunk (the one making the snarky comments) was a big offender of this. The kicker was when a certain commercial I uploaded was ripped, uploaded to Retrojunk, then downloaded from Retrojunk (with their watermarks), posted to Youtube, THEN sent to my original version on Youtube as a video response! I'm not going to lie, that one seriously pissed me off. Furthermore, the whole "give me more more MORE!" or "this [fill in the blank] is wrong" attitude of Youtube users was sucking all the fun out of the hobby. I can put up with people ripping my vids, but taking the fun out of this hobby, that I can't go for.That's one of the main reasons I started my blog, so I could share old broadcasting history and whatnot while maintaining a bit more control. True, it was at the expense of actual video clips, but at least it lets people know that, hey, someone is archiving this stuff. Plus, it's easier to express my thoughts and opinions on a given subject. The traffic is a LOT less than Youtube, but my primary concern is that the material will be there for the right person when they come looking for it.As for sharing old promos and whatnot on this site, I have no problem with that. I know that the real fans are here, and it's going to be appreciated.