30th anniversary

CarolineUK

Hi allI'm delighted to learn that Alex is planning another convention for 2014 in Paris - the 30th anniversary of Vice, I'm aware we'll never get a convention in Miami but are there any members who might be visiting the city next year so we could at least have a meeting of like-minded souls to visit Vice locations and celebrate the birth of our favourite programme? I will be going in May June or September if anyone is around :) (I'm not going three times, my dates are flexible!)

Hi allI'm delighted to learn that Alex is planning another convention for 2014 in Paris - the 30th anniversary of Vice' date=' I'm aware we'll never get a convention in Miami but are there any members who might be visiting the city next year so we could at least have a meeting of like-minded souls to visit Vice locations and celebrate the birth of our favourite programme? I will be going in May June or September if anyone is around :) (I'm not going three times, my dates are flexible!)[/quote']Yes, I've exchanged emails with several Vice fans who are interested in a Miami trip in Sept 2014. I hope it comes off and will keep everyone informed. It would not be anything like a convention, rather an informal get together.

Hi allI'm delighted to learn that Alex is planning another convention for 2014 in Paris - the 30th anniversary of Vice' date=' I'm aware we'll never get a convention in Miami but are there any members who might be visiting the city next year so we could at least have a meeting of like-minded souls to visit Vice locations and celebrate the birth of our favourite programme? I will be going in May June or September if anyone is around :) (I'm not going three times, my dates are flexible!)[/quote']Yes, I've exchanged emails with several Vice fans who are interested in a Miami trip in Sept 2014. I hope it comes off and will keep everyone informed. It would not be anything like a convention, rather a small informal get together. It's great that there is another convention planned in Paris. I think that anyone who has the time and money to travel to Paris should do it.

Hi allI'm delighted to learn that Alex is planning another convention for 2014 in Paris - the 30th anniversary of Vice' date=' I'm aware we'll never get a convention in Miami but are there any members who might be visiting the city next year so we could at least have a meeting of like-minded souls to visit Vice locations and celebrate the birth of our favourite programme? I will be going in May June or September if anyone is around :) (I'm not going three times, my dates are flexible!)[/quote']As of right now, I'll be around for it...

September 2014 is good for me so please keep me in the loop people :)I'd be renting a car while I'm in Miami Beach as I'd be driving to the Keys afterwards for a week, so if we wanted to do a drive around the Vice locations, I'm more than willing to be one of the chauffeurs

• 2 weeks later...
Hi allI'm delighted to learn that Alex is planning another convention for 2014 in Paris - the 30th anniversary of Vice' date=' I'm aware we'll never get a convention in Miami but are there any members who might be visiting the city next year so we could at least have a meeting of like-minded souls to visit Vice locations and celebrate the birth of our favourite programme? I will be going in May June or September if anyone is around :) (I'm not going three times, my dates are flexible!)[/quote']That sounds like a lot of fun! The more advance notice, the better because I will in all likelihood be visiting from outside of the US.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I'm definitely planning to go to Miami in September 2014, maybe only for a week or ten days (since I will spend some money in Paris already) - but it would be great to be in Miami to celebrate ... at the Ocean Drive. :fireworks:I think I will be able to confirm my journey in December or January at least. Anyone else from Germany?

I'm definitely planning to go to Miami in September 2014' date=' maybe only for a week or ten days (since I will spend some money in Paris already) - but it would be great to be in Miami to celebrate ... at the Ocean Drive. :fireworks:I think I will be able to confirm my journey in December or January at least. Anyone else from Germany?[/quote']You'll be here right in the middle of Hurricane season, but the good news is the Hotel room rates will be less expensive...

It's hard to believe no one from Universal Studios or the cast, DJ, PMT etc. would have a Gala 30th Anniversary Celebration for Miami Vice. It made many people famous and rich, and put Miami on the map for luxury Hotels and Condos. Why are they letting the years go by with no recognition of Miami Vice's greatness? Very sad! :cry:

It's hard to believe no one from Universal Studios or the cast' date=' DJ, PMT etc. would have a Gala 30th Anniversary Celebration for Miami Vice. It made many people famous and rich, and put Miami on the map for luxury Hotels and Condos. Why are they letting the years go by with no recognition of Miami Vice's greatness? Very sad! :cry:[/quote']My understanding is that Universal Studios and NBC are rather tight about the Miami Vice franchise. I imagine evidence of positive revenue return or exposure would loosen them up and allow broader access to use of the name for promotional purposes by third parties. Maybe if such an event got a good viral response from the internet community, they would see the commercial viability of such an event. I think most of the cast could be enticed by a combination of appropriate appearance fees and matching amounts donated to some trustworthy charity.

• 2 months later...
My understanding is that Universal Studios and NBC are rather tight about the Miami Vice franchise. I imagine evidence of positive revenue return or exposure would loosen them up and allow broader access to use of the name for promotional purposes by third parties. Maybe if such an event got a good viral response from the internet community' date=' they would see the commercial viability of such an event. I think most of the cast could be enticed by a combination of appropriate appearance fees and matching amounts donated to some trustworthy charity.[/quote']I'm thinking about writing a letter to the Miami Chamber Of Commerce, or somebody. It seems like something should be going on in Miami to celebrate September 16, 2014!:shout::evil::shout:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
It's hard to believe no one from Universal Studios or the cast' date=' DJ, PMT etc. would have a Gala 30th Anniversary Celebration for Miami Vice. It made many people famous and rich, and put Miami on the map for luxury Hotels and Condos.Why are they letting the years go by with no recognition of Miami Vice's greatness?Very sad! :cry:[/quote']Very valid Tony D!:balloon:

I'm not exactly familiar with the history, but did Miami do anything for any other milestone anniversary such as the 10th, 25th etc?Maybe they should do this 30th then if they have ignored others.

The 20th anniversary in 2004 had Jan Hammer signing copies of "The Best of Miami Vice" cd he had released that fall - in Miami. There's a video on YouTube about the event. I'm really hoping for something special for the 30th anniversary next year. Any new news or info?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I aim to go February for one month  and also to the West Coast of Florida - there are hotel deals on Collins Avenue did I see one hotel on Collins around 20th Street offering $900 for 4 weeks ?!  :D  :p  :thumbsup:  :baby2: 

Edited by Matt5