Best/Worst Non-Actor Performance

pahonu

I hope this topic hasn't been posted any where before, but having just had a discussion about Danny Sullivan's performance in Florence Italy, I began wondering. What does everyone think was the best performance by a non-actor, such as Sullivan, Frank Zappa, Little Richard, etc... and what was the worst?I'm not certain myself, but I thought Willie Nelson was really good in El Viejo, and Miles Davis was not so great in Junk Love. I could certainly be persuaded otherwise.

I hope this topic hasn't been posted any where before' date=' but having just had a discussion about Danny Sullivan's performance in Florence Italy, I began wondering. What does everyone think was the best performance by a non-actor, such as Sullivan, Frank Zappa, Little Richard, etc... and what was the worst?I'm not certain myself, but I thought Willie Nelson was really good in El Viejo, and Miles Davis was not so great in Junk Love. I could certainly be persuaded otherwise.[/quote']Off the top of my head, the best performance by a non-actor would be either Phil Collins in "Phil The Shill", Ted Nugent in "Definitely Miami" or Glen Frey in "Smuggler's Blues." The worst performance by a non-actor would either be Frankie Valli in "Buddies", Bill Russell in "The Fix" or Danny Sullivan in "Florence Italy."

I agree I also thought Willie Nelson was fantastic!I loved seeing Don Henly as the pilot and it was very well acted, but the best was Zappa as the drug lord and the way he said "Weasle Dust" makes me laugh every time I hear it! I know it was a small cameo appearence, but it was memorable.

Off the top of my head' date=' the best performance by a non-actor would be either Phil Collins in "Phil The Shill", Ted Nugent in "Definitely Miami" or Glen Frey in "Smuggler's Blues." The worst performance by a non-actor would either be Frankie Valli in "Buddies", Bill Russell in "The Fix" or Danny Sullivan in "Florence Italy."[/quote']I agree, Bill Russell was pretty poor, and Phil Collins and Glen Frey were really good. Ted Nugent didn't have any really demanding scenes, I think. Not that he was bad with what he did.

Glenn Frey and Phil Collins were definitely terrific. Little Richard, he wasn't a huge part of "Out Where The Buses Don't Run", but I thought he did a great job, probably because he was more or less playing himself (yep, Little Richard is a real-life Preacher man!).The worst? Bill Russell was pretty bad, but I'd say Bernard King as his son was even worse. Also, she may not technically be a non-actor, but Eszter Balint (right?) as the girl with the baby in "Buddies" is beyond awful, maybe the worst acting seen in the entire series. I think we can safely say she was a non-actor, at least in that ep!