Scene from Where the Buses Don't Run still gets me..

CaptainCrazy

Started watching Miami Vice again a few days ago starting with S1, currently just started S2 (Where the Buses Don't Run)The scene where Crockett and Tubb's are driving in the Daytona to meet Hank, Brother in Arms playing as backing music. Always gives me goosebumps because it's both powerful and sad at the same time. It always gives me goosebumps, the song, the thunder storm, the setting, it's pulled off so well.It truly shows us what a tragic effect mental health problems can have on a persons life, especially when it is caused by misfortune and loss.This clip isn't the best quality but meh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzIGu3MwlbY

One of the best endings, anytime where they are driving around at night is cool but this is just perfect.Ignore the next few bad episodes, You're going to blow your mind when you see bought and paid for. Another great Ep with a sad ending. I'm a guy and i almost cry every time i see it.

One of the best endings' date=' anytime where they are driving around at night is cool but this is just perfect.Ignore the next few bad episodes, You're going to blow your mind when you see bought and paid for. Another great Ep with a sad ending. I'm a guy and i almost cry every time i see it.[/quote']I wont ignore them i'll still watch them but keep what you said in mind. I may have already seen it i can't remember how far i got the last time i watched Miami Vice, i just know i've never got past mid season 2.

better qualityI uploaded a HD video of it to Youtube because i think it's an excellent clip. Yeh they tried to stop it for copyright but i appealed/disputed it using the;Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976 (man sounding like a cop there lol.)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYT8BqjZjDQ

I did it because i really think that this scene is so powerful and i wanted to share it!

I uploaded a HD video of it to Youtube because i think it's an excellent clip. Yeh they tried to stop it for copyright but i appealed/disputed it using the;Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976 (man sounding like a cop there lol.)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYT8BqjZjDQ

I did it because i really think that this scene is so powerful and i wanted to share it!
Agree, it is one of the coolest endings. The night drive along with the music Brothers In Arms by Dire Straits really sets the mood.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Started watching Miami Vice again a few days ago starting with S1' date=' currently just started S2 (Where the Buses Don't Run)The scene where Crockett and Tubb's are driving in the Daytona to meet Hank, Brother in Arms playing as backing music. Always gives me goosebumps because it's both powerful and sad at the same time. It always gives me goosebumps, the song, the thunder storm, the setting, it's pulled off so well.It truly shows us what a tragic effect mental health problems can have on a persons life, especially when it is caused by misfortune and loss.This clip isn't the best quality but meh.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzIGu3MwlbY

One of the best endings' date=' anytime where they are driving around at night is cool but this is just perfect.Ignore the next few bad episodes, You're going to blow your mind when you see bought and paid for. Another great Ep with a sad ending. I'm a guy and i almost cry every time i see it.[/quote']Both of these episodes ("Out Where the Buses Don't Run" and "Bought and Paid For") are superb ones, complete with superb endings! :thumbsup: Both have those captivating but "blunt" ending scenes--where something dramatic or "deep" happens and that's it! It stops right there, leaving you mesmerized and to mull over those initial impacts. :glossy:

One of the best endings' date=' anytime where they are driving around at night is cool but this is just perfect.Ignore the next few bad episodes, You're going to blow your mind when you see bought and paid for. Another great Ep with a sad ending. I'm a guy and i almost cry every time i see it.[/quote']Im sorry did you say ignore the next few bad episodes - "The Dutch Oven " and " Buddies " they are awesome :thumbsup::done::cool::D

Im sorry did you say ignore the next few bad episodes - "The Dutch Oven " and " Buddies " they are awesome :thumbsup::done::cool::D

nah:eek: they are more like filler
  • Like 1

Im sorry did you say ignore the next few bad episodes - "The Dutch Oven " and " Buddies " they are awesome :thumbsup::done::cool::D

There is not one episode in Season 2 that is even remotely considered "filler"! The season was phenomenal! :done: "The Fix" is the only somewhat weak episode in the season...but even it is not as bad as "filler". ;)"Buddies" is not my favorite Season 2 episode necessarily...but it still contains some superb music, colors, action, car chases/driving scenes, acting, etc...! :cool:"The Dutch Oven" was a superb Trudy episode and is awesome!! :thumbsup:

There is not one episode in Season 2 that is even remotely considered "filler"! The season was phenomenal! :done: "The Fix" is the only somewhat weak episode in the season...but even it is not as bad as "filler". ;)"Buddies" is not my favorite Season 2 episode necessarily...but it still contains some superb music' date=' colors, action, car chases/driving scenes, acting, etc...! :cool:"The Dutch Oven" was a superb Trudy episode and is awesome!! :thumbsup:[/quote']That's what I thought when departed94 said "Filler " - no filler all awesome episodes in my opinion.:thumbsup::done::cool::D

There is not one episode in Season 2 that is even remotely considered "filler"! The season was phenomenal! :done: "The Fix" is the only somewhat weak episode in the season...but even it is not as bad as "filler". ;)"Buddies" is not my favorite Season 2 episode necessarily...but it still contains some superb music' date=' colors' date=' action, car chases/driving scenes, acting, etc...! :cool:"The Dutch Oven" was a superb Trudy episode and is awesome!! :thumbsup:[/quote'']
That's what I thought when departed94 said "Filler " - no filler all awesome episodes in my opinion.:thumbsup::done::cool::D
Exactly! The whole season was superb...and defines the show! :thumbsup: Season 1 was also awesome, but in my opinion Season 2 really helped set the "tone" and truly what "MV" was all about! :clap:

Exactly! The whole season was superb...and defines the show! :thumbsup: Season 1 was also awesome' date=' but in my opinion Season 2 really helped set the "tone" and truly what "MV" was all about! :clap:[/quote']Lol we always have this same argument over and over again..Didn't DJ or someone say that season 2 only had a dozen or so great episodes..? I kinda agree..It's got plenty of "Good" episodes and a few misfires...but not as great as season 1.

Lol we always have this same argument over and over again..Didn't DJ or someone say that season 2 only had a dozen or so great episodes..? I kinda agree..It's got plenty of "Good" episodes and a few misfires...but not as great as season 1.

LOL...I know. :) We almost agree...but not totally. ;) I agree that Season 1 was amazing and definitely got the show off the ground...I love Season 1! :clap: But, it was also the beginning...the guinea pig so-to-speak. There were still some inconsistencies with characters and some "wrinkles" to iron out. Season 2 really brought everything together--from colors, music, characters, etc... The wrinkles were gone, and I also think Season 2 had somewhat better plots/episodes than the 1st season. :thumbsup:I have never heard of Don Johnson saying that Season 2 only had a dozen or so great episodes...but he could have. Even if he did, despite how much I respect and like DJ as an actor, I still disagree with him. :) I've heard he was known to be unsatisfied or irritated with a lot of what when on with the show...at least back-when. So, I don't know how "objectively" I can take that statement. But, I do think he's mellowed a lot in recent years when it comes to "MV", and I think he embraces the show more now than he used to.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agree with the scene being awesome and nice of you to invite interest to it.

Copyright Act
Google' date=' the Orwellian beast who bought YouTube, should be forever mocked for their "don't be evil" motto. "Fair Use" doctrine is supposed to exempt for educational purposes. Find a different video upload site, like Vimeo. [url']http://lifehacker.com/5343601/five-best-video+sharing-sites

• 2 months later...

Started watching Miami Vice again a few days ago starting with S1, currently just started S2 (Where the Buses Don't Run)The scene where Crockett and Tubb's are driving in the Daytona to meet Hank, Brother in Arms playing as backing music. Always gives me goosebumps because it's both powerful and sad at the same time. It always gives me goosebumps, the song, the thunder storm, the setting, it's pulled off so well.

One of the all time great episodes, def in my top 3, if not #1.   This last scene is iconic...Eingefügtes Bild