In Praise of Milk Run!

Lar

You know, every time I watch this episode, it comes closer and closer to becoming my favorite. It won't displace Freefall as my all-time favorite episode, but it's certainly somewhere close behind.MR's got everything that IMO sums up MV; in fact, it's my pick for the "definitive episode". Pastels, angsty Crockett, hip soundtrack, drug running, and a dark theme that manifests itself in full at the conclusion. Granted, the same can be said for any number of episodes from the first two seasons, but none hit me with the impact that MR does. And was Sonny ever more of a bada*s than when he grabs that lawyer and calls him a maggot?So, anyone else hold this episode in as high regard as I do?

Milk RunOh, yeah. Everytime there's a top 10 poll, Milk Run get's my vote. I always think of Jan Hammer's song "Rain" playing as we see Sonny and Rico looking out the window at the Miami rain right before the kids' fateful meeting with the drug dealers in the hotel room. The Florida humidity, the tension, the sound of the rain with that music in the background-that kind of scene was what attracted me to Miami Vice. Then, there's the tragic story line-far from the happy ending that was the norm back then. Sonny, with tears in his eyes, sitting on a rug littered with glass as they lead away the body of a misguieded kid he had talked into cooperating with the law! Wow. That is a powerful scene, even by today's standards!!!I love this episode.