Justin Lazard Wedding Fiasco

Vicechic84

I came across this article after viewing the guest stars photos 20 years later thread (seeing the then/now pix of Justin Lazard). I realize it's old news (July 2008 to be exact) but I wasn't aware of this until now. http://www.groundreport.com/Arts_and_Culture/Justin-Lazard-Shannon-Fluet-Wedding-Fiasco_1

Here's another article:July 8, 2008 -- A HANDSOME heir to the Lazard Freres banking fortune has declared war on the luxury Caribbean hotel where he was married - charging that his pregnant bride was manhandled by the manager, then beaten with a baton by a vicious security guard. "We are planning on suing. You don't lay a hand on a pregnant lady, period. She was traumatized," Justin Lazard, a former Calvin Klein model and actor, fumed to Page Six after his tumultuous wedding to "Project Runway" contestant Shannon Fluet. The lovebirds jetted to the Dominican Republic to tie the knot on June 4 at the Casa Colonial Beach & Spa Resort in Puerto Plata in front of 70 guests. "We spent roughly $55,000 on the wedding, but disputed a $6,000 charge for a pool party with open bar that had to be canceled due to rain," Lazard said. "The manager was unwilling to refund the money," Lazard said. "When confronted by my wife and called a thief, he retaliated by saying, 'Your wife is stupid,' grabbing her arm and muscling her toward the door. Seeing her seven weeks pregnant and in clear danger, I punched him in the face. A scuffle ensued, and we got in our car." They found security men blocking the exit gate, where a "large" security guard began swinging a baton at Fluet, Lazard said, adding: "The next day, we went to a hospital and discovered her leg and arm were inflamed and she had water under the knee." He says authorities originally wanted to arrest him and his bride but later issued warrants for the manager and a guard. "We are planning to sue for $55 million for pain and suffering," Lazard, who's starred in "Universal Soldier: The Return" and "Species II," told us. "Casa Colonial is unrepentant, offering only shallow apologies and no financial restitution." A call and e-mail to Epoque Hotels, parent of Casa Colonial, were not returned.