A D-U-M-B question

Shill

It's been bugging me for 23 long years. Who sent Danny Tepper in "Florence Italy" that burned-out toy car and why? I'm not the brightest bulb in the packet, but did I miss something? :rolleyes:

• Administrators

I always figured it was either his father as a way to scare him into keeping his mouth shut or Worthington?

Danny's father and worthington were both present when Crockett made the anouncement that Danny was a new father. They both knew about it.How did the package get delivered so quick?

• Administrators

Everyone knew Danny's wife was expecting. Most probably knew she was having a long labor/delivery.They/he could have easily had the package given to a courier in advance and told them when to deliver it at the hospital just by making a simple phone call. That wouldn't be hard to do.It would have to be someone that had a financial interest in Danny not racing. Or on a more morally philosophical note, the father wanted Danny to give up racing because of it's dangers now that he was a new father...nah, not Frank, he wasn't the caring type. After all, he killed Florence and she was darn cute!They/he wanted (most likely Worthington) Danny out of the race so Frank would have a better chance of winning.The very D-U-M-B question in my opinion was; why did the racer chick get so bent out of shape when Sonny and Rico asked her if she knew of any of the drivers getting rough with women. Her response was so off the chart it didn't make any sense. How could she have been that terrified of Frank even if he was the one that beat her up when she referred to "having wire in her mouth for "X" months". But this is another topic altogether.

I think Worthington sent it. His father encouraged Danny to race him, kept egging him on (don't ya wanna beat me danny?), had no problem racing him on the bikes. Even though Danny's father wasn't aroung much, he still loved his son, and was proud of him.Wothington sent it. Wothington had too much to lose in money as danny's fathers race sponser. He wouldn't want his father being arrested, and not race.Worthington was happy that Danny was being suspected, it kept an eye off his racer.Worthington didn't send it as a threat, but to play with his mind, so he'd loose concentration, and not staying focused so perhaps he'd not be sharp for the race. Even Danny's father was telling him not too worry as he's thinking about this Florence Italy thing too much, it will drive you crazy.WORTHINGTON SENT IT.

I think Worthington sent it. His father encouraged Danny to race him' date=' kept egging him on (don't ya wanna beat me danny?), had no problem racing him on the bikes. Even though Danny's father wasn't aroung much, he still loved his son, and was proud of him.Wothington sent it. Wothington had too much to lose in money as danny's fathers race sponser. He wouldn't want his father being arrested, and not race.Worthington was happy that Danny was being suspected, it kept an eye off his racer.Worthington didn't send it as a threat, but to play with his mind, so he'd loose concentration, and not staying focused so perhaps he'd not be sharp for the race. Even Danny's father was telling him not too worry as he's thinking about this Florence Italy thing too much, it will drive you crazy.WORTHINGTON SENT IT.[/quote']It just came to me.Cheers! :cheers:

sorry that one ecapes me the only two things i remember about that episode was the great driving scenes and the lousy acting done by D:panny sullivan

• Administrators

sorry that one ecapes me the only two things i remember about that episode was the great driving scenes and the lousy acting done by D:panny sullivan

You don't remember Florence in the beginning? :eek:

I used to like Florence Italy a lot more in the '80s than nowadays. When it's time to watch that ep in a complete series run I go "Ok, let's do it...".I guess some weak points of the ep emerged in this thread.-That toy car, in case it is or it is not Worthington (it could be also a pilot other than Frank Tepper), is detached from everything else-The way that race girl freaks out is indeed (I totally agree) out of tune in the ep.I'd add there's a problem in the scene in which the guys are watching the security tapes in the OCB. Suddenly you see a close-up in the TV that it would be just impossible to get with a security camera and with an '80s A/V system. But that close-up is particularly what solves the case. So thumbs down.Another thing. Many people I've talked to liked a lot the end of the ep. I always found it a bit stupid. The guy commits suicide in the wall and that's it. Wish he did it before the ep started.Not to mention Vice is acting with a case I suppose it should be with Homicide department.To say one more, I really think there's a annoying section in the ep, when you only see cars running and running and running, with a lot of noise and the horrible sound of the speaker/commentator.