Cell Within question

Shill

Something else has been bothering me. When exactly did Tubbs arrest Jake Manning and was that in New York? I think it must have been a NY bust, but why is Manning in Miami now? Because of Tubbs? :confused:

• Administrators

I'm not sure but I think it was a Miami bust that we just never saw. If i'm wrong you may be right, maybe Jake moved to Miami for revenge.

Tubbs busted Manning seven years earlier so I think it was definitely in New York. Manning became rich with book deals etc. when he got out of jail so I think he moved to Miami to live large in that great pad. Miami is a great place to live if you're rich after all. And maybe he moved there so he could get his revenge on Tubbs too

And since it was all Rico's dream, the normal rules of logic don't apply.I have to tell myself that to accept the existence of this ep!

I don't think it was supposed to be a dream. Castillo knew Manning & didn't like the setup, since he told Tubbs to go armed to the dinner party.

• Administrators

No, no dream. Just a weak ep. in my opinion. One of the few on the list I won't watch.Why would you meet someone you busted at their house on their terms. Nope! I might've met him in a public restaurant for dinner...maybe...but not at his house. Now way, not gonna happen. They were reaching for a plot on this one. :thumbsdown:

This episode started well. It was good for the first 10 minutes or so and John P. Ryan was excellent. But then when Manning makes Tubbs his prisoner and puts him in the cell it becomes terrible. If the whole episode had been like the first ten minutes and not become so hammy and ridiculous then we might have had something

No' date=' no dream. Just a weak ep. in my opinion. One of the few on the list I won't watch.Why would you meet someone you busted at their house on their terms. Nope! I might've met him in a public restaurant for dinner...maybe...but not at his house. Now way, not gonna happen. They were reaching for a plot on this one. :thumbsdown:[/quote']Tim, Tubbs expected a dinner party with other guests. He was obviously convinced that Manning was a changed man! I don't watch this one too often, but I like the fact that it's a PMT episode & he does a great job! :thumbsup:

• Administrators

Ya know what Tony, your right! I forgot about that. As I don't watch this ep. much at all, I had forgotten that little detail.I still would only meet someone I sent up (if at all) in a public place with lots of people around. But that's me. Too much X-Files. Trust No One!

The Cell within good points and some weird concepts1. Like someone said the first 10 minutes when he's at the book signing and I see Deco Delights in a brief shot (I have that book!)2. The Lincoln Road surveillance scene where you see the Sterling building and what is now Books & Books Lincoln road.3. The exterior of Manning's house4. Crockett kept his promise to Billy and goes off on a fishing trip with him. You can forget the rest of the episode, except I would like to point out that Jake didn't want revenge on Rico, he wanted Rico to admire him and help him in his delusion of ridding the world of terrible people.Rico busted Jake 7 years ago. We're led to belive it was a Miami case, but in the beginning of "Bad Timing." Rico mentions he's worked 5 years side by side with Sonny Crockett and knows he's no killer, so Rico has only been in Miami for 5 years at the most since Sonny was his first and only partner in Miami. The bust by this rationale would have had to be a NYC bust, but it was probably a mistake in continuity.