Adult Beverages

Tekka

What are everyone's favorite adult beverages? Anything goes here. Do ya like ale or lager? Hard liquors? Wine? Cocktails?If you don't drink alcohol and want to discuss coffee, tea, yerba mate, or smoothie's tell us about them. :cool: I usually make a smoothie every day or grind some coffee beans or brew some loose leaf tea.

By far my favorite is Gin and Tonic with a lime twist. Gins of choice are Tanqueray, Tanqueray 10, Bombay Sapphire, and Hendricks. As a second choice for a cool one in the summer, I posted a pretty good recipe on the forum here last summer for a Cuban Mojito. Sam Axe got me started drinking those. :)Found it: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Genuine-Cuban-Mojito I used bar sugar as it dissolves better, added a little more sugar and more Rum (Bacardi Silver) than called for and used a squeezed lime. For beers I like a few including Smithwick's Irish ale, Killians, and some others.

I'll go along with Alleycat & Matt5 with the Jack Daniels....but I like a splash of ginger ale in it.Beer, I like JW Dundee Honey Brown ale, which I can't find in my local Florida stores anymore.

I am enjoying some Kirkland Spiced Rum with some ice. :D I tend to imbibe in bourbon, but swung for the rum since a 92 proof 1.75lt bottle of rum for 15 bucks was hard to pass up.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to throw together a shot of Blue Curacao, a shot of Castillo brand light rum (it's got to be Castillo), and top it off with Sprite when watching Vice during nicer weather. As far as beers go, any good porter, stout, black & tan, or good ole' Shlitz Bull will do. During Oktoberfest I go with Spaten, Spaten Optimator, Lowenbrau, Becks, or just about any German beer I can get my hands on (gotta get back to Stuttgart one day). I also like a Belgian beer called Merry Monks, which I think is pretty good.Prost, everyone! :tasse_prost::cheers::tasse_prost: