Crockett's boat St vitus dance named after Black Sabbath song?

Vincent Hanna

• 1 year later...

Reading the song's lyrics, I can't find a connection to MV:

So you think you know
What's going on inside her head
You think she wants your money
But it's you she wants instead

When you think about the things
That she did long ago
It breaks your heart, but deep down
Boy, you don't want her to go

You really look so shattering
You feel you want to die
Just because of the one mistake
Of telling you a lie

If I were you I'd try again
And try to make amends
She only thinks of you, you know
I'm talking as a friend

St. Vitus Dance is a disease characterized by rapid, uncoordinated jerking movements primarily affecting the face, hands and feet. I can't see any connection to MV there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydenham's_chorea

St Vitus is the patron saint of actors.  While Sonny lived on the boat he was an actor playing the character of Burnett.  To me that was always the most sensible explanation for the boat's name.

Edited by airtommy

St Vitus is the patron saint of actors.  While Sonny lived on the boat he was an actor playing the character of Burnett.  To me that was always the most sensible explanation for the boat's name

Ah that's actually pretty cool they put that much attention to the little details. I thought it was just a random name.

Airtommy said: St. Vitus Dance is a disease characterized by rapid, uncoordinated jerking movements primarily affecting the face, hands and feet. I can't see any connection to MV there.

https://en.wikipedia...denham's_chorea

St Vitus is the patron saint of actors. While Sonny lived on the boat he was an actor playing the character of Burnett. To me that was always the most sensible explanation for the boat's name.

I believe Airtommy is correct, and It's also what I always thought to be true.  I don't think the name of the boat came from the song about the disease. Pretty cool that you found that in a song though!! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

Cool info.

I used to name every car I ever owned after a song title. Music has many meanings to many individuals.

Still...it's a cool name for a boat no matter where it came from.

My buddy at the marina just bought a new boat this season and he has been pondering and aching over what to name the new tub?

judging by what it says here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitus

that idea that its a protector of someone whos acting does fit, although given its a seized boat, would it still have the name of the original owner on it, or did he rename it? I guess its one of those backstories that was never looked into really, hell I always kinda wondered why the owner of the Daytona didnt come back to reclaim it actually lol

as if the law stole my prized automobile you bet your ass I'd be gunning for it once I got out lol

Hmm Stinger I always just called it either something based on the motor or the color of the car, like my current one I either refer to it as the Red One, I gues you could say the big red one? or the Quattro, Given it sounds like a quattro rally car when I get on it.

or the definining charateristic of the car, like I call the Nissian Cube the Goldfish Bowl,

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4e/2009_Nissan_cube_1.8SL_--_11-23-2009.jpg/800px-2009_Nissan_cube_1.8SL_--_11-23-2009.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/54/NISSAN_cube_Z12_rear.jpg/800px-NISSAN_cube_Z12_rear.jpg

as it looks like some funky 60's goldfish bowl of some sort.

and the Scion XB the dorkmobile,

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Scionwiki2.jpg/800px-Scionwiki2.jpg

and that's not even counting what I should call it based on those freaky commericals they use for them with the stupid hampsters.

also I always wondered why Crockett complained about driving that cool truck when the daytona bit the dust, as trust me it could have been far worse, he could have been driving stinky petersons K car. or any K car really lol

Edited by Kavinsky

The Daytona couldn't be reclaimed by the owner. If it was used in a crime, the Daytona would have been confiscated, and then used by the Police for undercover operations. 

Confiscated is different from being Impounded.

Florida's forfeiture law, permits the police to carry out confiscation of any vehicle, money, or other property that they have probable cause to believe has been used in a crime.

What is impounding?

Impounding of a vehicle means the vehicle is temporarily taken away by police and stored until it is released back to the person responsible for it. Impounding may be carried out by the police or ordered by a court.

What is confiscation?

Confiscation of a vehicle means it is permanently taken away and will not be returned to the person responsible for it. Confiscation may only be ordered by a court.

In its fight against Mexican drug cartels, pharmaceutical rings, and other wide-ranging criminal networks, the DEA will sometimes seize exotic luxury vehicles. In 2011, as part of Operation Pill Nation, DEA agents seized 49 vehicles including a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley convertible, Ford GT40, and several Mercedes-Benzes. Most of these high-priced vehicles head to auction; however, a few are kept as “special purpose vehicles†when agents need a flashy, high-end vehicle for an operation.

The department’s Organized Crime unit handles any initial maintenance and the storage of the seized vehicles.

The DEA prohibits official use of any seized vehicle until a court order finalizes forfeiture and transfers ownership to the agency. During the process, the vehicles are warehoused and maintained by the U.S. Marshals Service. The DEA usually acquires title six months to a year following the seizure. Checks and balances have been built into the system to thwart misconduct.

“We record and track the vehicles as official inventory during this process,†Moses said. “Vehicles don’t just disappear into a warehouse.â€

What happens to the vehicle after it is confiscated?

A vehicle that is confiscated becomes the property of the State and may be sold. The proceeds of the sale may be used to pay for the cost of selling the vehicle. If this is not enough, you are required to pay the difference.

Law enforcement agencies have different rules about keeping vehicles seized during drug busts:

• Forfeited vehicles make up less than 20% of the Drug Enforcement Administration’s fleet
  • The City of Chicago repurposes as many as 75 seized vehicles as narcotics enforcement vehicles each year
  • Agencies in some states, such as California, aren’t allowed to repurpose forfeited vehicles themselves, but can use them if they’re provided by federal agencies.

Hope this information helps!

COOP

Edited by COOPER&BURNETT

That was called the "Rico"Statute wasn't it? It's where the government can take anything if they think you bought it with money earned from crime?

Hmm Stinger I always just called it either something based on the motor or the color of the car, like my current one I either refer to it as the Red One, I gues you could say the big red one? or the Quattro, Given it sounds like a quattro rally car when I get on it.

and that's not even counting what I should call it based on those freaky commericals they use for them with the stupid hampsters.

also I always wondered why Crockett complained about driving that cool truck when the daytona bit the dust, as trust me it could have been far worse, he could have been driving stinky petersons K car. or any K car really lol

I also would not complain about that cool truck! L'ill Abner or not!

As for my cars in the past I named them all after song titles.

69 Ranchero -Take a Chance

72 Ranchero - Innuendo

60 Starliner - Forever Young

This is just a few...All my Mustangs, Fairlanes and Torino GT's had names as well.

My older Stinger 210 was called "Born of Frustration" and as you all know my present Stinger is called "My Vice"

I have a passion for music and name my vehicles carefully at the time they were being driven. I have had over 50 cars and almost a dozen boats. There is actually a stupid ritual for re-naming a boat where you have to pour out a bottle of champaign to cleanse something or other before the new name can be initiated.

Edited by Stinger390X