Thought: Maybe the problem with TV and Videogames nowadays is

Kavinsky

That they're trying to be too modern movie like, instead of having a self contained episode style like they used to. like what happened with Vice alot going from episode to episode with its own unique tone and music, but a general sense of continuity nonetheless was kept.But now I swear when I watch modern TV or see modern games it seems like its all a blur to me, compared to examples of those forms of entertainment from 15 years ago, and I keep on feeling nolstagic for games and TV shows of yesteryear because of that.and I'm watching very few programs compared to what I used to watch because of that.But one of the Exceptions is Elementary but the style and look of the show is nonetheless dull, dreary and monotone in its dull sense of style and I dont think theres been a single person outside of Sherlocks brother that has worn anything distinct on the show yetsame thing with Endevor, the continuation of the Inspector Morse series on PBS, about the only thing that sticks out is the dark red interior of the jagand it just seems like the style is gone, even when the writing is still good and it like no one is trying to be different, and I'm not sure what is to blame really.is it this new digital age of Filming cameras that's give it a real life, your standing in the same room look causing this, instead of the classic TV show look. Like on that NCIS spin off, NCIS LA, or Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck?vs Say Magnum PI, the Golden Girls, Vice and all of the old shows that were shot on proper Film?and Could it be that the same charm that made those old shows has been lost with the switch to newer and easier to use Technology? or is it just a lack of style and wanting to be different?In additon to the writing of course, hell I cant watch CSI anymore as I've just had too much of it over the years and I think of it as a tasteless murder fetish show now that only exists to see just how many ways you can kill a person.and there is no style to the firearms anymore too, unlike on vice, its the same old mass consumer Sig Sauer and Glock crap, nothing beautiful anymore.(sorry glock and sig fans)hell compaired to magnum PI the other night that had the lead Villainous using a Colt Delta elite in 10mm its downright boring, and that came complete with Sellek saying it could have been a bren ten that shot at Higgins, which instantly made me think Crockett was gonna show up on the lawn and Yell Higgins I've come for you! and also there's no fun to the shootouts anymore toohell maybe that's another option, maybe they need to lighten up and have some fun with what they're doing, I cant ever remember anyone smiling and having fun on Blue Bloods or CSI in quite some time.

I agree with you!I think that one guy is sleeping at night and BANG! he dreams that he will make a successful TV show about the cops.he gather some other people writer or some thing like that and he is enthusiastic that it would be a blast on TV the show about the cops chasing bad guys,with shooting,car chases,girls is bikinis but when they got to the point where they need to create a story all they can do is sit silent and can not think of any thing proper then they stay with the some script like other 1001 TV show about cops got just change the location,names of the characters and thing that this is a great idea.there is no more passion on TV show or even in movie making these days.all who are in this business thinks all about the money,back in the day people put their passion and hard work to fulfill they idea that they got in mind,now its a rear thing to not only to watch a show but also feel its vibe,get you pulled in the action and enjoy it every moment of it like in Vice.I'm a old timer in stead of watching new movies like Spider Man or other new movie I better get me some snacks,refreshing drinks and watch a 80s movie on my computer or on DVD or just enjoy Miami Vice series.in stead I enjoy every thing from the 80s:)every day I listen to 80s music and watch 80s movies and it never gets old or boring to me.of course all I had written here is just my opinion,I may be wrong and be doing a bad thing by judging those guys who create movies or TV shows.but I feel like they do not have any thing new to give for now days public.thats why a lot of remakes of classic movies had show up and I do not believe that no one can think about any thing new.as my mom always said to me:nothing is impossible if you really want it.so thats is just my view because I'm bored of all that new stuff that comes out.

Yeah when you come right down to it all the new original stories are gone it seems, almost everything seems to use "Ripped From the Headlines" tint to it as some sort of writing crutch, or some by the numbers story all over again.such as some BS they were making about 3D printers making untraceable guns recently, even though at most you have one shot with a plastic gun before its structural integrity is ruined, and only if you have access to the 250 K machine to scan it, the plastic, metal's of varying strength and temperament and the hooked up modern CNC machine to make it. something that was smartly brought up on Elementary literally about 2 weeks ago, as that argument has the logic and realismn of a man creating a nuclear bomb in his basement, its more or less impossible and highly improbable and the only people who would do it are criminals that the cops know about already anyways.and they wouldnt have that kind of dosh, and if they did they'd be splashing it around with someone taking notice of it and reporting them. as no one just does that crap out of nowhere without signs of it showing up first.plus there are other ways they could do that, that couldn't be traced that have been around for years anyways, and thank god these idiots haven't written that somewhere or someone would have tried it too.but that is the kind of writing is what kept CSI afloat all of these years along with 24, and the dreaded Law And Order series where everytime I see it I keep thinking of that line from Austin Powers 2, Why Wont you die?!and Law and Order SVU, god damn, that show could kill a puppy with how depressing it is, and that is getting repeated 24/7 on channel 54 on Fios, god I hope no kids just accidentally wander into it and stop to watch...I mean I still remember that god awful episode they did on some weird fetish that was in the headlines about 7 years ago with the Furries with CSI, Ugh and that is getting repeated along with it too.and that episode with the guy from Jaws, Roy Scheider with SVU, what a sad last role for him, he deserved a better happier last role.hell I think if you sent that stuff back to the 1950's it would start Riots and rightfully so, jesus how do those writers sleep at night with unleashing those kind of ideas, images and thoughts on the world.... and to think I wanted to be an actor too, no way in hell with that kinda crap I'd be forced to say.and I wanted to do that as I enjoyed the craft, not the idea of the money, but with that and the popularity that would come with it would just make it so not worth it, although the craft and the work that goes into it still fascinates me such as here.

and I think from a writing standpoint the only time we do see original stories are from networks like AMC with the Heavily aforementioned Breaking Bad that just ended, but that takes time.and for example I think they took a full year and a half off to write a new season of Mad Men for instanceand then with Burn Notice it seems like when you rush it kinda falls apart, after all after 5 years of writing 6 months on and off takes alot out of your story bank, and its kinda why I was glad it ended when it did.Maybe what needs to happen is we need to adopt the british system of writing a seires of only about 6 to 12 episodes per season, as to keep the writing good, fresh and snappy, just to make sure we dont produce mass produced Drivell or tasteless and illogical ripped from the headlines crap as mentioned above.after all Its certainly helping the AMC and probably the USA networks in spades right now.The next thing I would think is getting away from this digital movie stuff as it just feels like its ruins the feeling of the investment on what's happening on screen, either that or De rezing it, like making it less detailed in the backgroundMaybe that's what's bothering me about the Digital Quality, back with the Film in Movie and Photography camera's you had to focus on one particular object, like what the human eye does.you have something up close and something else in the foreground and I think maybe what is happening is that inadvertently with how detailed digital cameras are you now see everything in such crisp detail that it throws your eyes off and possibly screws with your investment of the scene and your ability to focus in on itlike maybe for instance hereOriginal
Remake/homage
look at the focus on his footwear there for instance in the original vs the new.as I remember hearing that the Great Filmmaker Martin Scorsese did his damnedest to stick with actual film when filming on a set for the longest time, and that this new one that is coming out in December, the Wolf of Wallstreet is I think going to be one of his First all Digital FilmsSo maybe he thought the same thing, or was just going off of principals, but ironically that might mean that digital cameras are making a Film and TV crews work harder for them.like it would be better to actually degrade the film quality, like find a middle ground between the old and new.

• 5 months later...

You know just thinking about this again, maybe its all around and about being naturally ediited

like how the human mind would work here, such as marty looking at the speedo while trying to get away from the bad guys here, where he looks down briefly for a sec and then back up at what's going on around him

or Deniro and Pesci talking to each other, going back and forth from there own perspectives and the long look from Deniro at Pesci's incoming car, showing him basically wondering if he's going to have a meeting with death in the desert today.

basically making the whole thing feel real, natural from mutiple perspectives but cutting it in a believable human like way, like this is how this person is seeing it, and the other guy is as well

and maybe this is just what's been forgotten or meddled up by inexperenced directors, such as that from the people behind the getaway, and no not the steve mcqueen one

this one from last year

I mean yes the human eye can zoom in on things, but not to this point, and not this quickly either.

and in all of those cases simply moving the camera closer would have worked better and looked far more natural, like how the camera pans around the daytona during the steakout in No Exit at the start.

not to mention less flash editing and more longer shots.

after all the mind doesnt work that way, the director does, and that is the hallmark of a bad director, as your basically eye raping your audience by doing that.

like someone undergoing the ludwig treatment from a clockwork orange.

Edited by Kavinsky