MV Season 6

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

Of course, the series ended in Season 5, but if you had the choice, would you keep the show going for one more season, or would you stick to the plan and keep it cancelled?

I think that 5 season was great and they did everything right.6 season would not be so popular to the new audience because 80s was ending and every one was in to the "new wave" Miami Vice was a best example of the 80s era and with 5 season ending the 80s also ended in some part.so I would stick with the plan.every thing good in life must end one day and the last episode of Vice had fit just right.M.Mann should change the music and style in the 6 season if it would be considered to keep up with the upcoming new era so Vice would had lost its unique vibe because Miami Vice was not only made from police drama and the action but also from the style and music.well that is just my opinion.

Maybe things would've been less popular, and they did do it right by ending it in 1989 as opposed to keep it going. But think of this, all the questions we were asking ourselves in "Freefall" may have been answered had the series gone on for 1 more season. For example, would Switek keep his job at OCB, or would he be replaced? What about Crockett and Tubbs? Do they find new loves, maybe Crockett gets a new car and a haircut (Honestly, his Season 5 look is his worst, in my opinion) or does his hair get EVEN longer and he keeps the Testarossa? And what about Crockett's relationship with Billy? Would he keep his promise about seeing him more often, or would it be like it was during the first 4 seasons where he hardly ever saw him? And as for Gina and Trudy, maybe they could quit the force along with Crockett and Tubbs in the end? I don't know. I just would've liked to see the show go at least for one more season because even though "Freefall" was a great episode, it really didn't give any of the supporting characters a great sendoff. Gina and Trudy don't even get 10 minutes of screen time, and Switek gets suspended and we don't even know if he got his job back or if he got transferred to another department, or just quit the police life altogether.

Yes i would have loved it to continue but with quality writers and better supervision of eps-i.e no cows of october lol-but season 5 was good for me anyways-i dont agree with the 80's ending and it was right time for vice-i think it could have evolved into the 90's-as you said so many questions of what could have happened-i made a post a while back saying i would have been happy for Don to be replaced even-i just love Vice.I just think you can have so many stories involving vice tales and the characters were interesting to me.Good post

I wish they hadn't changed the tone in season 3, and instead kept the lighter tone and "music video" style for at least another season or 2. I imagine that, if seasons 3 and 4 were more like seasons 1 and 2, and then season 5 was like season 3, the show would've easily went into the 90's. The hypothetical season 5 with actual season 3's tone could've went for a season or 2, then the following seasons may have been the "struggling" seasons (like actual seasons 4 & 5), and the show could've ended in the early or mid 90's with a total of 6-8 seasons. Law and Order has been on tv in some incarnation or another for nearly 25 years. There's no reason Vice couldn't have squeezed out a few more seasons as well.

I wish they hadn't changed the tone in season 3, and instead kept the lighter tone and "music video" style for at least another season or 2. I imagine that, if seasons 3 and 4 were more like seasons 1 and 2, and then season 5 was like season 3, the show would've easily went into the 90's. The hypothetical season 5 with actual season 3's tone could've went for a season or 2, then the following seasons may have been the "struggling" seasons (like actual seasons 4 & 5), and the show could've ended in the early or mid 90's with a total of 6-8 seasons. Law and Order has been on tv in some incarnation or another for nearly 25 years. There's no reason Vice couldn't have squeezed out a few more seasons as well.

I totally agree. It definitely had at least 1 or 2 more seasons after Season 5 if the tone hadn't been changed in Season 3. Although, I'm not gonna lie, I love Season 3. Granted, the dramatic changes (IE: Crockett's Daytona being destroyed and Larry Zito getting killed in "Down For The Count Part I") hit the show hard, but I kind of like the new styles. If the original styles were kept for the 1st 3 Seasons, then in Season 4, change it to the Season 3 style for 4 and 5, then maybe in Season 6 go the Season 5 route.

Yes i would have loved it to continue but with quality writers and better supervision of eps-i.e no cows of october lol-but season 5 was good for me anyways-i dont agree with the 80's ending and it was right time for vice-i think it could have evolved into the 90's-as you said so many questions of what could have happened-i made a post a while back saying i would have been happy for Don to be replaced even-i just love Vice.I just think you can have so many stories involving vice tales and the characters were interesting to me.Good post

I just couldn't see DJ being replaced. He and PMT were the stars of the show. If he left before Season 3 and Mark Harmon or someone else replaced him, I guarantee you that MV would've been cancelled after Season 3 and the producers did a good thing by allowing Don to come back to the set. But I really feel bad that Charlie Barnett (AKA Noogie) didn't get to appear much because he got into a big argument with Don and the cast because of his drug use and was banned from the set. I guess the Noogman role got to him and kind of got in the Noogie mindset and went crazy. Also, if the show went on for 1 or 2 more seasons, would you replace or keep the Testarossa?

• 2 weeks later...

For me personally I think the show should have continued but I am a die hard vice fan that blood flows through my veins that's for sure.I would have liked to know if maybe Sonny and Rico got into being private eyes.There are so many untold stories to tell in vice that should be resolved and so many answers to questions I have at least.I really like the darker side of vice on season five specially Burnett would love to have him make appearance again and cause some trouble spice things up a bit again.

For me personally I think the show should have continued but I am a die hard vice fan that blood flows through my veins that's for sure.I would have liked to know if maybe Sonny and Rico got into being private eyes.There are so many untold stories to tell in vice that should be resolved and so many answers to questions I have at least.I really like the darker side of vice on season five specially Burnett would love to have him make appearance again and cause some trouble spice things up a bit again.

Good points esp about Burnett resurfacing :dance2::):birdie:

All the what-ifs make me sad about how the show would of been longer if this and that happend:cry:I love the show and it would of been something if the show ran for 20 years like what PMT said in an interview.I would love to know what the show would of looked like by 1994:cool:

Guest MetroVice

Personally I would have liked to see what became of Tubbs' and Angelina's baby and they may have addressed this had there been one more season - or maybe not. And maybe they would have inserted the already destroyed Daytona in another later episode like they did in El Viejo (although that was for different reasons). Just the same, there are various questions I wish they would have answered prior to ending the series but they just passed them over as if people would forget about it all.Having said that, I do think ending the series at the very end of the 1980's was pretty neat because it was indeed the end of an era, and although most of us were sick of the 80's by that time, I now look back on it with great fondness and wish it would have gone on longer than it did (both Vice and the 80's) :cool:It's interesting looking back on a show like Miami Vice and how phenomenal it was at the time, but what is so interesting is how peoples perspective tends to change with the passage of time in terms of how we feel about the show (and the decade). I recall back then I had become dismayed with Vice because the writing had changed so drastically and we had witnessed our beloved Vice turn into episodes about cow semen and aliens and this is the image most people went away with and frankly a lot of us were actually glad to see it end - at the time anyway. However, if the writing and overall look had reverted back to the shows roots I think Vice would have enjoyed a longer production run. I can feel the pain in Philip Michael Thomas's voice when he said in an interview that he wished Vice would have continued on for another several seasons but the damage had been done and it was too late. Vice was history :cry:I guess if Vice had to end they couldn't have chosen a better time for it than the very end of the decade. I know Don Johnson was eager to make his exit to go be a movie star and of course EJO's star was on the rise as well, but I truly feel bad for everybody else because unlike *some* people, they never seemed to make a big deal out of trying to get more money or getting a bigger trailer than their co-workers. In fact, PMT is always the very first person that comes to mind because throughout the entire run of Vice I personally feel he always maintained the best attitude of everybody. He knew Vice had made him a household name and had made him a wealthy man but unfortunately it had come to a close for everyone involved and that has to be really hard to deal with. PMT knew where his bread & butter came from and he was always so grateful for the opportunity they had given him to be a part of it.Yeah, I definitelyw22 wish there had been a Season Six but it just wasn't to be and I think despite how the show had evolved, for better or worse, they ended it at just the right time. Oh but what I wouldn't give to discover a hidden episode or two that for some reason never got used. That would be a dream come true for real Vice fans :thumbsup:

Guest MetroVice

In my mind I sorta convinced myself that after Sonny took a nice long, well deserved vacation he relocated to the west coast (California) where he changed his name, went back to work as a cop and got a new partner and another cool car - this time a Barracuda - and he continued working another five years until finally retiring for good where he now enjoys the good life visiting with family and his old workmates.At least that's how I think Crockett ended up in life after Vice . . . :thumbsup:

In my mind I sorta convinced myself that after Sonny took a nice long, well deserved vacation he relocated to the west coast (California) where he changed his name, went back to work as a cop and got a new partner and another cool car - this time a Barracuda - and he continued working another five years until finally retiring for good where he now enjoys the good life visiting with family and his old workmates.At least that's how I think Crockett ended up in life after Vice . . . :thumbsup:

He could have been a loner further south in the Keys / Bahamas also - he liked his own company and was burnt out

Maybe things would've been less popular' date=' and they did do it right by ending it in 1989 as opposed to keep it going. But think of this, all the questions we were asking ourselves in "Freefall" may have been answered had the series gone on for 1 more season. For example, would Switek keep his job at OCB, or would he be replaced? What about Crockett and Tubbs? Do they find new loves, maybe Crockett gets a new car and a haircut (Honestly, his Season 5 look is his worst, in my opinion) or does his hair get EVEN longer and he keeps the Testarossa? And what about Crockett's relationship with Billy? Would he keep his promise about seeing him more often, or would it be like it was during the first 4 seasons where he hardly ever saw him? And as for Gina and Trudy, maybe they could quit the force along with Crockett and Tubbs in the end? I don't know. I just would've liked to see the show go at least for one more season because even though "Freefall" was a great episode, it really didn't give any of the supporting characters a great sendoff. Gina and Trudy don't even get 10 minutes of screen time, and Switek gets suspended and we don't even know if he got his job back or if he got transferred to another department, or just quit the police life altogether. [/quote']I don't think Crockett would've gotten a new car. Ferrari didn't offer a replacement for the Testarossa, the 550, until 1996, so I think the TR still had a few years left in it. As for styles and characters, it's completely likely that some characters, like Switek, could have left and been replaced with new Vice team members. I think the "look" of the show and the sets and the clothes would've just kept evolving into the early 1990s. We wouldn't have seen anything return to the way it was in 1984 or '85.

Season 6 would have been the perfect opportunity to tie up some loose ends from the previous 5 seasons of episodes and a 2 part closer episode.Just for curiosities sake, how many episode were left unanswered or without closure?In regards to Crockett's hair etc.. I viewed it as it was part of the look and feel to his burnout, tired of feeling like he wasn't making a difference and dealing with the same corrupt system for the last several years. In Freefall we see it all come to a head and he's finally worn down to the point he throws in the towel ( or badge ) at the end.

Guest MetroVice

I didn't care for Crockett's longer, ratty looking hair either but I do think it was a necessary part of the character to show how burned out he had become. He used to wear nice clothes with great pastels and I get it that they wanted him to "evolve" over the years but I personally didn't like his overall look by the end of the fifth season but hey, I understand it was all just part of the "I'm sick of all this sh**" look they were trying to convey.I understand Don Johnson actually wanted to wear torn blue jeans from the very beginning of the series but I'm glad they made him wear the pastels instead because it was such a great look and even inspired fashion trends for years to come. I actually tried wearing that stuff but I just couldn't get into it, at least in that kind of heat. Besides, if you've ever actually tried wearing even a light coat in the south Florida heat you'd shed that baloney real fast, and this is coming from someone who actually lives in Miami and tried it. I wore it a few times in the winter but then again our winters here in Miami might get down in the 40's and even that only happens a few select times every year and sometimes not at all, which is a good thing :thumbsup:So many unanswered questions that having a "season 6" could have answered . . .

i woulda kept testarossa!

love that idea-private eyes!!!too often the scumbags got away in vice-with no internal affairs to worry about maybe Crocket+Tubbs could have dished out justice more brutally!!

yeah I know I like that idea also private eyes would be way cool and would not be under Castillo and remember Burnett was BADASS that part could dish out a lot

Good points esp about Burnett resurfacing :dance2::):birdie:
Thank You Burnett has so much to show I think