This Week In Miami Vice History...

mvnyc

November 25th - December 1st:"Glades", the 9th episode of the 1st season, premiered on NBC on Friday, November 30th, 1984 at 10PM EST. Some notes on this episode (from Miami Vice Wiki):* Gina and Trudy do not appear in this episode.* This is one of the few times Crockett and Tubbs don't use their normal cover names of Sonny Burnett and Rico Taylor/Cooper."Bought And Paid For", the 9th episode of the 2nd season, premiered on NBC on Friday, November 29th, 1985 at 10PM EST. Some notes on this episode (from Miami Vice Wiki):* Gina's line to Crockett "You've got a hell of a short memory, Sonny!" refers to her experiences in "Give A Little, Take A Little"; while she wasn't raped like Odette, she was forced into sex with Lupo Ramirez to maintain her cover.* It is implied Izzy showed Manny a Steve McQueen movie before the meet at the beginning of this episode, most likely "The Thomas Crown Affair."**There was no Season 3 premiere episode this week**.**There was no Season 4 premiere episode this week**."Bad Timing", the 4th episode of the 5th season, premiered on NBC on Friday, December 2nd, 1988 at 10PM EST. Some notes on this episode (from Miami Vice Wiki):* Jermaine Stewart provides Miami Vice's final live performance of a song, though it was cut short by the prison riot.* This episode offers no indication as to where Crockett got the motorcycle he uses; it has never been seen or mentioned previously and is not seen again afterwards.* When Wilson and Cruz come out of the store with Gilfords hostage and run across the street, Cruz's gun has the slide locked back. This means it's either empty or jammed, but he continues to make motions as though he were firing. It happens again when they break into Doc Jerry's house.* Tubbs' beard is gone in this episode, though in the next episode, "Borrasca", it reappears, only for him to shave it off again midway through the episode. This continuity error is probably because the studio changed the running order of the episodes when they broadcast them.

Glades"" data-date=" the 9th episode of the 1st season, premiered on NBC on Friday, November 30th, 1984 at 10PM EST. Some notes on this episode (from Miami Vice Wiki):* Gina and Trudy do not appear in this episode.* This is one of the few times Crockett and Tubbs don">

Bought And Paid For", the 9th episode of the 2nd season, premiered on NBC on Friday, November 29th, 1985 at 10PM EST. Some notes on this episode (from Miami Vice Wiki):* Gina's line to Crockett "You've got a hell of a short memory, Sonny!" refers to her experiences in "Give A Little, Take A Little"; while she wasn't raped like Odette, she was forced into sex with Lupo Ramirez to maintain her cover.* It is implied Izzy showed Manny a Steve McQueen movie before the meet at the beginning of this episode, most likely "The Thomas Crown Affair."**There was no Season 3 premiere episode this week**.**There was no Season 4 premiere episode this week**."Bad Timing", the 4th episode of the 5th season, premiered on NBC on Friday, December 2nd, 1988 at 10PM EST. Some notes on this episode (from Miami Vice Wiki):* Jermaine Stewart provides Miami Vice's final live performance of a song, though it was cut short by the prison riot.* This episode offers no indication as to where Crockett got the motorcycle he uses; it has never been seen or mentioned previously and is not seen again afterwards.* When Wilson and Cruz come out of the store with Gilfords hostage and run across the street, Cruz's gun has the slide locked back. This means it's either empty or jammed, but he continues to make motions as though he were firing. It happens again when they break into Doc Jerry's house.* Tubbs' beard is gone in this episode, though in the next episode, "Borrasca", it reappears, only for him to shave it off again midway through the episode. This continuity error is probably because the studio changed the running order of the episodes when they broadcast them.

Some great episodes - thanks for posting :balloon::dance::dance2:

I don't have much to say about "Bought And Paid For," but..."Glades" - On the lower end of the S1 spectrum, but at one point, this was a personal favorite, and I just could not get enough of the "Girls With Guns" scene (I loved the song so much, I shelled out the mighty dollars for a used CD copy of the Tommy Shaw album, which has since been remastered and re-released). I still like "Glades" a lot, though it's no longer a go-to episode for me. That said, it's certainly interesting to see Crockett & Tubbs waaaay out of their element, but it does make for a neat change of pace. Is it a definitive MV episode? Probably not, and I know some fans aren't big on it, but personally I think it's a nice, solid ep."Bad Timing" - I love this episode. It may not quite hit my top 10 like it used to, but certainly in my top 20. Unlike a lot of S5's villains, these guys are deadly dangerous and not cartoonish at all. I'm not a Jermaine Stewart fan, but his live performance at the beginning is cool, and his shout outs to other prisons are a riot, as is Wilson's (right?) declaration of "Man this is BAD!" Like "Glades," this is an out-of-his-element type episode, and from start to finish, I love it. Also like "Glades," I know a lot of fans are divided on it, but me, I think it's great.

"Glades" was not one of my favorites. but I will say it did (somewhat) portray life along Aligator Alley and the Everglades...I liked "Bought And Paid For", it held my attention seeing that scum ultimately get what he deserved...In "Bad Timing", I actually felt bad for Crockett as this was the last thing he needed given all he had been through..

Crockett looked like a bad ass on the motorcycle.I thought it was a bit shocking to see him try to drown that one goon.Even though the guy was a pure sociopath,it is still to me Crockett at his most brutal!Glades isn't one of my favorites,too much of a Deliverence vibe going on."Bought and Paid for" is a great episode.The teaser was real comedy and the episode had style and a good car chase even though it is a pretty dark episode.

I liked Glades for several reasons. It showed there is more to S. Fla than Art Deco, classy nightclubs etc etc. Once again a Vice story line came close to real life because Gringo pot smugglers in the Glades were squeezed out by foreign drug/coke dealers. How about the old toothless guy's snicker after his blunderbuss finally worked? Funny. "Maybe you won't even blink" has to be one of the best lines in the entire series. Guys all over the country fed up with criminals going unpunished and too much concern for the rights of criminals rather than the victims said "Ya!"

I liked Glades for several reasons. It showed there is more to S. Fla than Art Deco' date=' classy nightclubs etc etc. Once again a Vice story line came close to real life because Gringo pot smugglers in the Glades were squeezed out by foreign drug/coke dealers. How about the old toothless guy's snicker after his blunderbuss finally worked? Funny. "Maybe you won't even blink" has to be one of the best lines in the entire series. Guys all over the country fed up with criminals going unpunished and too much concern for the rights of criminals rather than the victims said "Ya!"[/quote']That was one of the best lines in the whole series and also liked the early scene of the Daytona driving through the Everglades playing Girls with Guns. Even moreso when a creative person on Youtube changed the song to The Fire Still Burns.And of course it introduced us to the gritty reality of the south swamp lands (at least appearing to be the Everglades) which I had not seen before.Got a chance to see the real Glades a few years ago, including taking an airboat ride through the mangroves as well as a boat tour to see manatees.

I liked Glades for several reasons. It showed there is more to S. Fla than Art Deco' date=' classy nightclubs etc etc. Once again a Vice story line came close to real life because Gringo pot smugglers in the Glades were squeezed out by foreign drug/coke dealers. How about the old toothless guy's snicker after his blunderbuss finally worked? Funny. "Maybe you won't even blink" has to be one of the best lines in the entire series. Guys all over the country fed up with criminals going unpunished and too much concern for the rights of criminals rather than the victims said "Ya!"[/quote']Jim raises some very good points - loved "Glades" and seeing Alligator Alley etc - however "Bad Timing" equally showed a rawer MV and a much rawer Crockett still getting over being Burnett . Although filmed primarily on Virginia Key near Jimbos - "Bad Timing" and "Glades" made you feel like you were out in the swamp areas of deep in the Everglades. Wonder what happened to those houses / shacks out near Jimbos :dance2::D:):funky: